ISIS attack in Toronto mall

jimmy4321
Guru

Re: isis attack in toronto mall

Post by jimmy4321 »

I watch too much news and still couldn't recognize the Isis flag from anything else from those parts, How the hell does a Can Tire employee do so? lol
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Fancy wrote:
the truth wrote:did you even read the link, i think not ,she also pulled out a large knife ,does not surprise me one bit ,the same group of people on here minimizing muslim terror attacks, --sick, just sick,

How well do you know the area where this happened? One can't live in fear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT98l14KnSs
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

They'd just look at her waving a golf club around (driver?) and drive her right into the floor.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

the truth wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT98l14KnSs

Since you didn't answer the question, I won't be watching a youtube. If you haven't been there I would suggest maybe even google it.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

the truth wrote:did you even read the link, i think not ,she also pulled out a large knife ,does not surprise me one bit ,the same group of people on here minimizing muslim terror attacks, --sick, just sick,

Yes in this case,I did read the link. Sometimes I don't on the board. But I did this time.
She started swinging a golf club, and when challenged brandished a knife. Unlike "terrorists" who brandish a knife first...And actually mortally wound at least one person.

And no, not surprised. The majority of murders in this country are with a sharp or blunt object, discounting gun related suicides.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Terrorism labels, laws etc are BS. We have laws against murder, or intent to harm. We can try people for the crimes they commit without applying additional monikers to it. Traditionally, the terrorist label has been used simply to take additional action that contravenes human rights laws or regular procedure and inflict inhumane treatment on suspected criminals. This is often done at the whim of either the police or government in charge, and there is very little distinction.

if some crazy person is attempting to harm people, then yes charge them for that. If you personally were triggered by a word she said. Doesn't make it terrorism. Doesn't give an excuse to try her any differently than a crazy person who attempts to harm people in silence.

Charge for the acts, for the intent. Not for the irrational fear of someone on the internet 4000 km away
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I don't live in fear and I find I'm in the minority ethnic group in a lot of areas within Toronto. Sometimes I'm the only white person in a store. Someone going stupid crazy doesn't make them a terrorist automatically and at the end of the day wouldn't change the outcome anyway.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Fancy wrote:I don't live in fear and I find I'm in the minority ethnic group in a lot of areas within Toronto. Sometimes I'm the only white person in a store. Someone going stupid crazy doesn't make them a terrorist automatically and at the end of the day wouldn't change the outcome anyway.

what she said in the court room makes her 100% a terrorist
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
whitecandle
Board Meister

Post by whitecandle »

Dughmosh appeared for a bail hearing at the College Park court house Tuesday afternoon wearing a black niqab and prison clothes.

When asked to identify herself for the record, she instead made reference in Arabic to “the leader of the believers,” according to the court’s translator.

The rest of her statements were one-word answers to questions asked by the judge.

https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2017 ... -mall.html
Remember yesterday. Dream tomorrow. Live like crazy today.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Deleted.
Submit instead of preview
Last edited by What_the on Jun 7th, 2017, 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

I don't wear a niqab, or any of the six variations on a religious construct. I also cut my hair unlike Sikhs, or Jewish. I don't know the other some 5,000 religions in the world either.

I do know the difference
Between regional religion and oppression
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

What some may not understand-
Acquiescence to an authority not recognized, like if the gov't of "whatever" told you what to do against your moral code. Or are you that cheap you'd roll over?
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Omnitheo wrote:Terrorism labels, laws etc are BS. We have laws against murder, or intent to harm. We can try people for the crimes they commit without applying additional monikers to it. Traditionally, the terrorist label has been used simply to take additional action that contravenes human rights laws or regular procedure and inflict inhumane treatment on suspected criminals. This is often done at the whim of either the police or government in charge, and there is very little distinction.

if some crazy person is attempting to harm people, then yes charge them for that. If you personally were triggered by a word she said. Doesn't make it terrorism. Doesn't give an excuse to try her any differently than a crazy person who attempts to harm people in silence.

Charge for the acts, for the intent. Not for the irrational fear of someone on the internet 4000 km away

lol i always laugh when i see people post nor knowing it was bush and cheney who started all the terrorists equal muslims bs . i would love to know what the cia did to backstab bin laden . one doesnt go from being the cia goldenboy in the middleast to wanted for taking on the usa.
driveangry
Übergod

Re: ISIS attack in Toronto mall

Post by driveangry »

It isn't for me to decide if she is a terrorist or not, I'll leave that to the authorities, all I can do is form an opinion on what information the media puts out.

But I will ask this,,,,, what's the difference between her the Notre Dame hammer attack ??
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

maryjane48 wrote:
Omnitheo wrote:Terrorism labels, laws etc are BS. We have laws against murder, or intent to harm. We can try people for the crimes they commit without applying additional monikers to it. Traditionally, the terrorist label has been used simply to take additional action that contravenes human rights laws or regular procedure and inflict inhumane treatment on suspected criminals. This is often done at the whim of either the police or government in charge, and there is very little distinction.

lol i always laugh when i see people post nor knowing it was bush and cheney who started all the terrorists equal muslims bs . i would love to know what the cia did to backstab bin laden . one doesnt go from being the cia goldenboy in the middleast to wanted for taking on the usa.

:topic:

Return to “Canada”