Trudeau Turning Female Ministers Into 'Political Roadkill'

rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Trudeau Turning Female Ministers Into 'Political Roadkil

Post by rustled »

gangsta4lifeyo wrote:
Queen K wrote:*removed*

My point about people not being hired because of being unprofessional is entirely on topic. I don't care if you don't like it but it's how the world works. Blaming gender initiatives is just lame.

Hm. So you're not actually suggesting, then, that white males weren't excluded from hiring for much of the civil service for a significant period of time?

Oh, I get it.

My apologies to the board for feeding this one. :sosorry:
:topic:
The Green Barbarian wrote:
Queen K wrote:I was hoping you'd clarify both areas for me and you did.

As for the teacher issue, I didn't know it was one, but if you're looking at stats like that and drawing conclusions, it might make for an interesting stand alone thread to get the boards reaction.

I am not really drawing any conclusions. I have theories though. One is that females are more drawn to teaching than males. That's why there are more female teachers than male teachers. Same reason there are more female nurses than male nurses. I definitely am not insinuating that there are malignant forces at work in the BC government and they are deliberately discriminating against male teachers. That's just stupid. Kind of like saying that you have to put unqualified female cabinet ministers in place just because of their genitals.

It would be a sad world indeed if professions, trades, etc. were governed by a gender quota.

I understood affirmative action in an era when people refused to listen to the news if a woman delivered it, or refused to accept service from a woman when a man was available. Although I remember those times, they are for the most part, in Canada, long behind us.

I honestly can't remember anyone younger than my grandparents, all long gone now, saying they'd choose a male political candidate over a woman due to gender.

We're well past that, and that is why it's so disappointing to have our PM make gender an issue in politics once again.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

rustled wrote:
We're well past that, and that is why it's so disappointing to have our PM make gender an issue in politics once again.

He did it because those kind of idiotic policy decisions appeal to a chosen few who are naive and don't understand the concept of unintended consequences, and now inexperienced female MP's who became cabinet ministers purely due to their lack of a penis are paying the price of those unintended consequences, as political road-kill.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
gangsta4lifeyo

Post by gangsta4lifeyo »

rustled wrote:Hm. So you're not actually suggesting, then, that white males weren't excluded from hiring for much of the civil service for a significant period of time?

White males were never excluded from civil service positions. People attempting this lazy argument either aren't professional enough for the jobs they never got or don't have the right qualifications.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Rwede wrote:Trudeau Accused Of Turning Rookie Female Ministers Into 'Political Roadkill'

“Some would call this the ‘glass cliff.’”

06/21/2017 17:30 EDT | Updated 17 hours ago
Zi-Ann Lum News editor, HuffPost Canada

A Conservative MP stood in the House of Commons Monday and accused the prime minister of sabotaging the careers of rookie female ministers "for the sake of some re-tweets and trending hashtags."

In a statement that stretched close to 30 minutes covering an array of topics, Tory House Leader Candice Bergen questioned if Prime Minister Justin Trudeau put in much thought before placing new parliamentarians into to key cabinet positions.

"The fact that our self-proclaimed feminist prime minister has put a number of earnest, well-intentioned, but inexperienced young female ministers into senior roles where they become political roadkill," the Portage—Lisgar MP said.

"As a female politician myself, it angers me when I see what the prime minister has done with his cabinet and those with immense professional potential.

"These are young people with huge potential in the Liberal caucus, and they are being put in these positions just to benefit his cynical feminist brand."

Bergen made specific mention of Government House Leader Bardish Chagger, whose discussion paper on House rules, released in March, angered opposition MPs enough to filibuster committee meetings for six weeks.

Chagger had proposed to make sweeping changes that would limit the amount of time devoted to the debate and study of legislation, as well as the elimination of Friday sittings.

Though sold as an effort to modernize the House, the proposals were perceived by opposition MPs as a way for the Liberals to push forward their agenda and limit the powers of their colleagues.

"We are seeing some Liberal MPs being prematurely promoted into roles and responsibilities ahead of having the necessary experience to assume such weighty offices and then being asked to do the impossible for the prime minister," Bergen said. "Some would call this the 'glass cliff.'"

Chagger was forced to remove some of the more contentious items in her proposal for standing order changes.

SNIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Bergen responded, saying, "Nobody is talking about whether it is a good idea to put women in cabinet positions. We agree with that. However, we need to put the very best people in cabinet positions, and many times those very best people are women."

She reiterated her opinion the prime minister isn't offering some of his female ministers a path to success.

"It is clear the prime minister is putting them in front of him. He is okay sacrificing them so he can get the glory he wants," Bergen continued, choosing her words to serve as a sort of rallying cry.

"As women, we need to stand up to that kind of thing, telling him that is all show and not substance."

This current session of Parliament has seen rookie MP Maryam Monsef replaced as democratic institutions minister by another first-time parliamentarian, Karina Gould. At age 29, Gould is Canada's youngest ever female cabinet minister.

Chagger and Heritage Minister Mélanie Joly, both elected in 2015, are two other promising politicians who were catapulted into cabinet without years of experience. Joly ended up bearing the brunt of the government's botched nomination for official languages commissioner.

"Had they served under a prime minister less committed to gender parity, they might have been left to learn the ropes on the backbenches of the government," wrote Toronto Star national affairs columnist Chantal Hébert earlier this month.

Green Party Leader Elizabeth May expressed her own concerns about the prime minister's perceived lack of foresight earlier this year after Monsef was replaced by Gould after the government broke its promise on electoral reform.

"I am deeply ashamed that our feminist prime minister threw two young women cabinet ministers under the bus on a key election promise, that he left them twisting in the wind and not fulfilling," May said at the time.

NDP House Leader Murray Rankin addressed the issue after being asked about it during a press conference Wednesday.

"Well, leaving aside the gender, if I could, of the individuals," Rankin said, referring to an apparent pattern of promoting people to high levels of government with minimal experience.

"One wonders whether these people have been set up for failure," he said. He used Joly as an example.

"I mean the debacle involving Madeleine Meilleur, you could have seen it coming."

Trudeau selected Meilleur, a former Ontario Liberal cabinet minister, to serve as the official languages watchdog. Opposition MPs argued Meilleur's partisan past, donations to the Liberal Party and Trudeau's leadership campaign, and ties to the prime minister's top advisers meant she could not be an objective officer of Parliament. Meilleur ended up taking herself out of the running for the role.

"You could have read the statute and figured out there was a legal problem, let alone the partisan nature of the appointment, yet she was the one sadly put up to do the impossible. To try to explain the unexplainable," Rankin said.

With files from Ryan Maloney

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/06/21 ... mg00000001

All Well and good Rwede. As the OP, how do you want this thread to proceed? As a Hate Justin Trudeau for being an Idiot thread, or as it has been going, a gender equality thread.

I also find myself asking about your new avatar. What made you decide to take up smoking? :135:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

gangsta4lifeyo wrote:
White males were never excluded from civil service positions. .

LOL - this is just like the garbage JL was peddling about how no one cared about qualified cabinet ministers until unqualified women started being handed cabinet posts. Rustled you are right, no need to feed the trolls.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

....three, two, one and ..... we know what is coming next.

I had a theory about the RCMP and their hiring quotas for minorities. It went like this: we have enough English speaking RCMP members, but not enough people who spoke all the other languages of the World, fluently and with all the slang meanings in place. The RCMP needed trained officers who where fluent and loyal to the Crown and Government.

I think this is a good theory myself.

But it still made it suck for white males of recruitment age.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Rwede wrote:
What_the wrote:All these years on the board and I don't remember "Harper is an idiot" thread posted daily

Neither do I. That's because Harper is an extremely intelligent man who made life very good for Canadians.

Trudeau is neither intelligent nor making life better for Canadians. Hence the threads on his ineptitude. His actions provide a daily dose of idiocy to be reported on.

Not that it matters, but I believe we have lots of Trudeau is an Idiot threads because well, there are lots of you guys contributing to the Canada side of the forums.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

Queen K wrote:
At one time Affirmative Action hurt a lot of white men's chances at getting scarce seats in certain areas of service, the RCMP being one of them.

And that comment about "simply didn't like you" is completely uncalled for. :-X

Yep, back in 2000 when I first applied... I was blatantly told that my application would go into the pile with other white males, while there would be a pile for women and another for minorities.

They'd then take a % from each pile.

Just so happened, that a girl I went to high school with was in the same batch of applicants. I had a 2 year criminology diploma already at the time from SFU and she had done NOTHING since graduating high school. We discussed things throughout the process. I had a better PARE time (physical component) and scored higher than her on the written tests. I moved away at 17 to live by myself and go to college, she stayed in the Okanagan and worked as a cashier.

She got in and I got deferred for 2 years, to "get more life experience." She also told me that a tiny little Asian woman who BARELY, and I mean BARELY passed the PARE physical and couldn't speak a lick of English also got through in her class.

Since then, I've been a big advocate of hiring the best of the best for ANY job, regardless of race, sex or any other factor.

If it's 12 Asian women, hire them. If it's 12 gay black men... hire them. I don't care who has what job, as long as they're good at it. Don't hire white men just because they're white men and don't hire women/minorities for "diversity."

Hell... Rona Ambrose is my current favorite politician and I'm sad to see her not pursue her career further. And I'm apparently one of the sexist pigs on the boards.
gangsta4lifeyo

Post by gangsta4lifeyo »

fvkasm2x wrote:Yep, back in 2000 when I first applied... I was blatantly told that my application would go into the pile with other white males, while there would be a pile for women and another for minorities.

Never happened. Everyone and his dog has a similar story and they always turn out to be false or greatly exaggerated in some way.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I have met tonnes of people from the boards here and there is one common thread in all of them: they are all exactly who they say they are and are consistent with life changing incidents in their lives.

Fvk has no reason to lie or embellish. I would put money on him any day.
gangsta4lifeyo

Post by gangsta4lifeyo »

Queen K wrote:I have met tonnes of people from the boards here and there is one common thread in all of them: they are all exactly who they say they are and are consistent with life changing incidents in their lives.

Fvk has no reason to lie or embellish. I would put money on him any day.

Weird, because I meet people all the time who lie bout their jobs and life stories. Quite often they blame "politics" for not obtaining a certain job or being fired from one, and that's exactly what has happened in this thread - at least one person complaining he wasn't hired for a certain position because of politics. One other complaining his resume was put in a different pile because of politics.

Why can't people just take responsibilities for their own shortcomings and not blame things like gender initiatives?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

gangsta4lifeyo wrote:
Never happened. Everyone and his dog has a similar story and they always turn out to be false or greatly exaggerated in some way.

Here's another one of those "never happened stories" - my buddy who was told not to bother applying for the RCMP and then who got in to the CPS 15 years later went through basic training which was and should be extremely difficult. One woman was left in the program after a few weeks, and she was automatically passed through the rest of the course and was exempted from the rest of the physical testing, just so that they could get at least one woman graduate.

But this never happens right?

http://nypost.com/2015/05/03/woman-to-b ... ness-test/
Last edited by The Green Barbarian on Jun 25th, 2017, 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Gangster, You are only assuming short comings.

In fact the RCMP were hiring based on foreign heritage and fvk is correct. GB is correct in his assessment of his situation. I still see no reason to attack members in good standing here.
gangsta4lifeyo

Post by gangsta4lifeyo »

And you're assuming that these people whining about not being hired due to gender and race equality initiatives are telling the absolute truth.

Would you rather no assumptions are made and no conversation take place whatsoever? Your experiences have shown you people tell the truth. My experiences have shown me people lie a lot. *removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 26th, 2017, 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I just have better faith in some posters more than others. I know you will not see it that way and this is where I'll leave it.

:topic:

Trudeau Turning Female Ministers into 'Political Roadkill' and all gender based hiring practices.

Return to “Canada”