Canadian Soldier Kills Target from over 2 Miles Away

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Canadian Soldier Kills Target from over 2 Miles Away

Post by The Green Barbarian »

This must be some kind of mistake. I was assured by all of the Justin lovers during the last election that he would pull all of our people out of Iraq and stop all air-strikes with our museum-worthy CF-18's. We were not going to be participating in the war or the killing of innocent peaceful loving and tolerant ISIS freedom fighters. Trudeau was not a "war monger" like that horrible Harper. We were going to be peace-keepers, not war participants. This was assured to me over and over again. "Canada is back" they kept saying to me, like mindless zombies taught to repeat a mantra.

This was one of the big reasons why I was contemplating voting for the peace-loving ISIS hugging Justin. Now I see that Canadians are killing these tolerant misunderstood sweet and innocent ISIS people, who are totally blameless when they throw gay people off of buildings, enslave thousands of women in prostitution and hard labour, and honor-kill them in droves, and burn people alive in cages. It's not their fault, and we shouldn't be shooting them just because they engage in these things. Shame Justin. Shame!!!!

So where are all of those "Canada is back" people now? Why are they totally ok with this? I thought they were only interested in peace-keeping? They seem to have gone silent.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Is Harper your "Bro" Did Justine get between you two? Lol
Can't be happy a highly trained Canadian soldier took out a dirtbag ?
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Ken7 wrote:I think that is one fine shot!!Image

Beat me to it! lol

Yep, Harjit will be looking to get some credit for this, somewhere, somehow.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Takes some serious hard core confidence in your skills to take that shot.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

:topic:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

POLITICS

Harjit Sajjan claims credit for record 3.5 km sniper shot

20 MINS AGO by TRISTAN BRADLEY

Photo Credit
OTTAWA – Minister of National Defence Harjit Sajjan told reporters that he was “the architect” behind the record-breaking 3.5 kilometre sniper shot reported by Canadian defence officials.

“I can confirm that I, Harjit Sajjan, successfully hit a target at 3,540 metres,” said the minister in a press conference at DND Headquarters. “I can also confirm that the shot in question halted an entire Daesh invasion.”

The minister said at that range he had to adjust for the weapon’s ballistics, windage, and the Coriolis effect, which he said he was the first to reveal in a paper published in 1835. He explained that he decided to attempt the shot so he would not have to single-handedly parachute behind enemy lines in a tank from 10,000 feet while firing dual-wield grenade launchers, which he had already done many times before.

“I am honoured to break the record that I set during the Boer War,” added Sajjan.

SNIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

https://www.thebeaverton.com/2017/06/ha ... iper-shot/
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

jimmy4321 wrote: Can't be happy a highly trained Canadian soldier took out a dirtbag ?

I just find it hilarious that we're all celebrating the skill of our Canadian forces (and we should, and I do) taking out an ISIS scumbag, and yet when Harper was doing it he was a "war monger". Justin was going to return Canada to "peace-keeping", as the zealots had drunk the Kool-Aid that this was something we were supposed to be proud of. Anyway, good to see Canada contributing and taking out scum-bags, but don't tell me that Trudeau is any different than Harper on this war stuff.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Man, drama much?

All these dastardly people who's sole purpose is to "terrorize" us because we're predominantly Christian.

Here's a thought or two- instability gives rise to tyrants. Tyranny gives rise to the very abominable people that were so colourfully and factually described.

Once again. Why?
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Leifer »

As a former member of the CF...I really don't agree with these kind of fluff pieces in the news.
Our Armed forces members are professionals....doing a job they have trained for. A small part of what they are doing during this deployment is pulling triggers.
People need to be reminded of the bigger picture of why we are putting our sons and daughters in harms way.
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

Reminds me of WWI and WWII propaganda - "Watch an unsuspecting Jerry get it from 2 MILES AWAY!" How do you even know who you're shooting from that far away.

Really, we (mainly the US) started most of the problems over there so it's not surprising that so many people in that part of the world hate us or the puppet governments we're supporting. In many ways, you can't blame them for doing what they're doing. If the guy who got shot was holding a gun to a child's head I would say bravo. If he was just walking to the latrine or watching a soccer game on TV, that's a bit different (we don't know what the target was doing - maybe he was a 14 year old kid).

This reminds me of the Gary Larson cartoon when the guy shoots a bear taking a drink of water, but then gets it stuffed in a highly aggressive pose. It's all smoke and mirrors.
KenL

Post by KenL »

According to a number of alternate news sources reporting this same story, the ISIS operative was armed, probably packing explosives too, and on a mission to attack and kill allied soldiers in the immediate area. Bombs or drones were considered but not used because there were civilians close-by. The best choice was a surgical strike.

However, I'm sure Mulcair will be joined in his spineless rhetoric by Justin, Horgan and Weaver. Something like, "We should just leave these poor terrorists alone, maybe talk to them and help them to see the error of their ways."

Sheesh!!

Oh, BTW... Great shot!
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Leifer wrote:As a former member of the CF...I really don't agree with these kind of fluff pieces in the news.
Our Armed forces members are professionals....doing a job they have trained for. A small part of what they are doing during this deployment is pulling triggers.
People need to be reminded of the bigger picture of why we are putting our sons and daughters in harms way.

Thank you for your service. And I agree and thank you for your balanced thoughts.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

KenL wrote:According to a number of alternate news sources reporting this same story, the ISIS operative was armed, probably packing explosives too, and on a mission to attack and kill allied soldiers in the immediate area. Bombs or drones were considered but not used because there were civilians close-by. The best choice was a surgical strike.

However, I'm sure Mulcair will be joined in his spineless rhetoric by Justin, Horgan and Weaver. Something like, "We should just leave these poor terrorists alone, maybe talk to them and help them to see the error of their ways."

Sheesh!!

Oh, BTW... Great shot!

I don't know the details. Neither does anyone else for that matter except the 2 guys in the field.
I trust that since they are my national compatriots that they have the same values as I do having grown up in this paradise that we call Canada.

They might not necessarily relish that they killed, but they certainly high fived at the accomplishment of their job.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
I just find it hilarious that we're all celebrating the skill of our Canadian forces (and we should, and I do) taking out an ISIS *bleep*, and yet when Harper was doing it he was a "war monger". Justin was going to return Canada to "peace-keeping", as the zealots had drunk the Kool-Aid that this was something we were supposed to be proud of. Anyway, good to see Canada contributing and taking out scum-bags, but don't tell me that Trudeau is any different than Harper on this war stuff.

I think the difference is the issue with Harper & Crew and not so much conservative values. The more baggage that party sheds from that era, the greater chance voters will come back to it.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

KenL spoke it first. Mulcair is already p*****g on the celebration.
Anyways, no doubt a great shot by a professional CF soldier. Perhaps a movie will come soon called "Canadian Sniper". I hope the terrorists are demoralized.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.

Return to “Canada”