Trudeau defeats motion on autism, smugly answers in QP

Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Trudeau defeats motion on autism, smugly answers in QP

Post by Rwede »

Watching Trudeau give the same, smug retort 3 times in a row and defeating the non-partisan motion to establish the Canadian Autism Partnership is stomach-churning.

Please contact Stephen Fuhr, if you can ever find the guy, and demand accountability from him on why he and his party defeated this motion that was so important to so many families struggling to cope with and help an autistic child.

https://www.facebook.com/MikeLakeMP/vid ... 429768246/

Mike Lake
23 hrs ·

Today in the House of Commons, we saw the leaders of three of Canada’s four national political parties put partisan interests aside, standing together for Canadians living with autism and their families.

In the space of six minutes, Conservative Party Leader, Andrew Scheer, NDP Leader, Tom Mulcair and Green Party Leader, Elizabeth May each called on the Liberal government to reverse its decision to reject the Canadian Autism Partnership.

As a parent of an amazing 21-year-old son, Jaden, who has autism, I want to thank each of these leaders for finding the common ground on an issue far too important to be lost in a cycle of endless political debate.

To those who wonder what you can do to help, please start by sharing this post. Then, reach out to your closest Liberal MPs through social media, e-mail and by phone, and respectfully let them know that this is important to you. We live in a democracy, and your voices are powerful. We need them to be heard. Thank you all for your tireless support on this!
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Re: Trudeau defeats motion on autism, smugly answers in QP

Post by Barney Google »

I am totally with you on this Rwede...Trudeau's condescending, sanctimonious manner is sickening...

most especially in this latest instance. Canada's three other parties had the wherewithal to put opposing issues aside

to address the needs of some of Canada's struggling families and Trudeau's team turns their collective backs.

What a pack of donkey's arses.
Last edited by Barney Google on Jun 22nd, 2017, 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

When the Cons, NDP and Greens all agree on something it's time to say, "wait what, crap maybe this should be looked at" Those guys never agree on anything.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

I'd respect Trudeau if he simply stated, I have answered that question once and my opinion and our initiatives will be as I stated. He sounds like a idiot repeating the same answer which was written out for him.

How sad to say he is our Prime Minister.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Trudeau, this is no time to be playing partisan politics. Good Lord, that man knows no compassion for Canadian families. A privileged, trust-fund life with a silver spoon in his mouth, yet I didn't think he'd be this heartless toward families who struggle daily to care for children with challenges. It's sickening to see.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

What was the reasoning given for opposing it?
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

JLives wrote:What was the reasoning given for opposing it?

Evidently, Justin believes his government is doing enough. Go figure!
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Wasn't this discussed elsewhere?

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=72968
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

JLives wrote:What was the reasoning given for opposing it?

In my opinion it was that the plan was to fund a private group for Autism, therefore looking like the government gave money to business when they argue it goes through regular healthcare.....that's the liberal defense, the real reason is it didn't come from Justin's inner circle therefore it is not a real issue.

However, the healthcare system in Canada needs far more intervention in this area and a ministry would likely be infinitely more costly and help far less people. Most kids don't even get on spectrum concerns radar until they are in school and then between wait lists for evaluations and referrals might be in grade 3 before any CEA or assistance funding might happen let along a proper diagnosis. Also with spectrum disorders for ever year it is left alone it can take 3 to help manage the skills deficits for proper coping. Wait till a kid is 10, and they 30-40 before any semblance of normal may be achieved.

But not many people know these things and the trust fund PM could care less. IN the end we have many spectrum kids out there that can be taught how to function in regular life that can't, and the one that looks *bleep* is our PM.

I have seen in out school system a number of items that used to only be used for ASD individuals, but the facts are, the tools used are beneficial to ALL kids.

Give a trust fund a billion of government dollars for me and the 5% interest each year would make a dent in these issues throughout the province.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Omnitheo wrote:Wasn't this discussed elsewhere?

http://forums.castanet.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=72968

And by the same OP. Omnitheo, there needs to be an intervention here:

Oh Rwede, I'll buy you a coffee ------> :bethecoffee: honest.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

This airhead Justin was "just not ready" for a majority, and should have been given a minority government to start with. He's just too dumb to be PM.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

So several responses that are political garbage. Shocker. I'm looking for facts here.

Veovis, you did bring up a good point that it would be a private business, any more info on that?
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Appears it went something like:

"What we're doing isn't working. Here's what most folk think is a big improvement over what we're currently doing, adding a tool that can help us get a handle on this. Will this government back this initiative?"

JT: "No."

"Why not?"

JT: "We're going to keep doing what we're doing."

"What we're doing isn't working."

"But it's not working. This could help, a lot."

Why won't the government back this? We don't know. They might have good reasons, but it doesn't seem they're willing to share them.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Thanks for the link. I'm going to reserve judgement until we have more information. But they need to be coming out with that quickly.

In an interview with the National Post Thursday, Lake said the opposition has now asked about the partnership 17 times, and has yet to hear an explanation from the government.

“There are no answers. There’s no rationale yet given as to why it was rejected,” he said. “And it leaves me to wonder if it was simply political.”

A spokesperson for Health Minister Jane Philpott told the Post the partnership wasn’t funded in part because there wasn’t unanimous support for the project from the autism community.

That does appear to be the case. Dermot Cleary, chair of the board of directors of Autism Canada, said his organization has concerns about what it sees as another “level of bureaucracy.”

“We just felt that this project was not ultimately going to be successful,” he said. “We just did not have confidence in its efficacy.”

But Lake claims Philpott told him she asked for the partnership to be funded in the budget. He also said the proposal had the support of half the Liberal caucus

Return to “Canada”