Rempel: Trudeau taxes your fun to pay for his holidays

Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Rempel: Trudeau taxes your fun to pay for his holidays

Post by Gone_Fishin »

The guy is out of touch, jetting around on your dime to schmooze with his billionaire buddies. Michelle Rempel points out Trudeau's plethora of new taxes on "fun" in her latest video.

https://www.facebook.com/michellerempel ... 086640439/
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Re: Rempel: Trudeau taxes your fun to pay for his holidays

Post by LTD »

not on facebook cant watch it
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Gone_Fishin wrote:The guy is out of touch, jetting around on your dime to schmooze with his billionaire buddies. Michelle Rempel points out Trudeau's plethora of new taxes on "fun" in her latest video.

https://www.facebook.com/michellerempel ... 086640439/

Tax on beer, escalating every year, forever.

Tax on Uber after you've had a beer.

Carbon tax so Uber costs more. Carbon tax so everything fun costs more.

Liberal MPs pushing hard for Netflix tax.

And still, even when they jack our taxes to the moon, the Liberals *bleep* away $30 billion/year more of our money than they bring in.

We're screwed, blued, and tattooed as my dear old dad used to say. :-X
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Yep, were paying for Pretty Boy to line up connections and further pave his way for his future endeavours when he

ditches his current job, or better yet Canadians kick his deceiving self serving sorry butt out, for the one he's really after.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Rwede wrote:
Liberal MPs pushing hard for Netflix tax.

So you're complaining in a thread about Trudeau about a proposed tax that Trudeau shot down?
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Netflix tax breaks Prime Ministers promise

An example of this dates back to February of 2018, when the House of Commons was debating the idea of taxing online streaming services such as Netflix.

During this debate the NDP asked Prime Minister Trudeau why online companies such as Netflix and Facebook do not charge sales tax to Canadians.

The Prime Minister, in reply stated:

“It is not web giants that the NDP wants to charge, it is taxpayers. The New Democrats want to make taxpayers pay more taxes.”

When the NDP followed up with a second question on this the Prime Minister this time stated:

“Once again, the New Democrats are misleading Canadians. They are talking about making web giants pay their fair share. It is not the web giants they want to pay more in taxes; it is taxpayers. We made a commitment to taxpayers that they would not have to pay more for their online services. We on this side of the House plan to keep that promise.”

This week the Trudeau Liberal Government released what they called, a fiscal update.

In this update there is increased spending that will result in the budget deficit hitting at least $388.8 billion in 2020-21.

While there has been much discussion on the spending, there has been less focus on the fact that this budget update also proposes new taxes.

Specifically, the Liberal fiscal update proposes to tax online streaming services such as Netflix.

The Trudeau Liberals have indicated they expect to take $1.2 Billion out of Canadians pockets from these new online taxes over the next five years.

Back in August, when Parliament was prorogued, and the Prime Minister was asked by a reporter if he would increase taxes, his answer was clear:

“No. The last thing Canadians need is to see a rise in taxes right now,”

http://www.danalbas.com/mp-report/netfl ... rs-promise
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
cyruslosco66
Banned

Post by cyruslosco66 »

removed
Last edited by Catsumi on Dec 2nd, 2020, 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Offtopic
m4a ubi free palestine wear a mask support your local first nation band
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

Gone_Fishin wrote:Netflix tax breaks Prime Ministers promise

An example of this dates back to February of 2018, when the House of Commons was debating the idea of taxing online streaming services such as Netflix.

During this debate the NDP asked Prime Minister Trudeau why online companies such as Netflix and Facebook do not charge sales tax to Canadians.

The Prime Minister, in reply stated:

“It is not web giants that the NDP wants to charge, it is taxpayers. The New Democrats want to make taxpayers pay more taxes.”

When the NDP followed up with a second question on this the Prime Minister this time stated:

“Once again, the New Democrats are misleading Canadians. They are talking about making web giants pay their fair share. It is not the web giants they want to pay more in taxes; it is taxpayers. We made a commitment to taxpayers that they would not have to pay more for their online services. We on this side of the House plan to keep that promise.”

This week the Trudeau Liberal Government released what they called, a fiscal update.

In this update there is increased spending that will result in the budget deficit hitting at least $388.8 billion in 2020-21.

While there has been much discussion on the spending, there has been less focus on the fact that this budget update also proposes new taxes.

Specifically, the Liberal fiscal update proposes to tax online streaming services such as Netflix.

The Trudeau Liberals have indicated they expect to take $1.2 Billion out of Canadians pockets from these new online taxes over the next five years.

Back in August, when Parliament was prorogued, and the Prime Minister was asked by a reporter if he would increase taxes, his answer was clear:

“No. The last thing Canadians need is to see a rise in taxes right now,”

http://www.danalbas.com/mp-report/netfl ... rs-promise
Everyone seems to forget that there is only one taxpayer, the end user, you and me. Any tax levied on any entity be it corporate or human just gets built into the price paid for goods and services by you and me. That's all, you and me. Every tax Trudeau and his new minister of flim-flam adds lands on us like a tonne of bricks. Except of course those that use fairy dust and unicorn farts to power the new economy.
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

indianlarry66 wrote:Remple spent most the pandemic on the states on tax payers dime . shes the biggest flake around and a drunk
I hadn't heard that, can you toss me a link ? Thanks
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

Barney Google wrote:...or better yet Canadians kick his deceiving self serving sorry butt out...
Oh Yah? Could'a been there - didnt do that.

So now, Oh Canada, you [we] can keep feasting on the steaming pile of "results" - thaaats right - cram it all down while they take their turns on us all.

Lol - Dumb-*bleep*
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."

Return to “Canada”