Umm, what about Alberta, Justin?

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Umm, what about Alberta, Justin?

Post by the truth »

What_the wrote:
truth wrote:far from it , i would die for this country, i have served for this country , have you, i think not , not liking his speech has nothing to do with , not loving canada

You served in the armed forces?
My perception of you just went up a notch.

why thank you, :up: could explain why i have a big problem with terrorist and terrorism coming to canada, ooops more like already here in canada
Last edited by the truth on Jul 2nd, 2017, 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Forgetting to mention them in that speech was a full on, unmitigated attack on all Albertans. We all know only too well the hatred that the Trudeau family holds for Alberta, dating back to the National Energy Plan. This is a wound that will never heal.

Alberta has always been the isolated province from the rest of the nation, the one that is different, and it's all the fault of the Trudeaus.
LiamHaddock
Übergod

Post by LiamHaddock »

It's like when your Mom calls u by all of your siblings names before getting yours right.. it doesn't mean she doesn't love u.. it means she's busy trying to hold your whole world together and has raised you not to be so shallow and insecure.. you don't need her to say your name.. you need to know that she trusts you.. and focus on all the actual priorities she's teaching you to navigate and dominate as a Family!

just saw this response of a fb post about same "issue" and loved it.. :130:
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

LiamHaddock wrote:
It's like when your Mom calls u by all of your siblings names before getting yours right.. it doesn't mean she doesn't love u.. it means she's busy trying to hold your whole world together and has raised you not to be so shallow and insecure.. you don't need her to say your name.. you need to know that she trusts you.. and focus on all the actual priorities she's teaching you to navigate and dominate as a Family!

just saw this response of a fb post about same "issue" and loved it.. :130:

That might be the dumbest thing I've seen in a while.

However, if they're going to throw in "real life" comparisons, they should do it more accurately. It's actually like when you go to a business meeting with an important client and when saying hello, you forget what their name is.

Which is insulting, embarrassing and likely to get them to drop you/fire you.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Er, capital
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Gone_Fishin wrote:
Queen K wrote:Er, Edmonton. :135:

Feeling so.... admonished right now [icon_lol2.gif]
Maybe the joke would have been better if "capital" had been used instead. :up:
Last edited by Queen K on Jul 2nd, 2017, 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

fvkasm2x wrote:That might be the dumbest thing I've seen in a while.

However, if they're going to throw in "real life" comparisons, they should do it more accurately. It's actually like when you go to a business meeting with an important client and when saying hello, you forget what their name is.

You know, I have had many of people forget my name over the years (it is a very weird name so often forgotten, pronounced incorrectly etc) and I have never felt insulted by it. I have never felt the need to drop someone because I have had to repeat my names a couple times to someone.

Guess some people just need to take the stick out of their butt, of well.
hail Satan y'all
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

bob vernon wrote:Forgetting to mention them in that speech was a full on, unmitigated attack on all Albertans. We all know only too well the hatred that the Trudeau family holds for Alberta, dating back to the National Energy Plan. This is a wound that will never heal.

Alberta has always been the isolated province from the rest of the nation, the one that is different, and it's all the fault of the Trudeaus.
that's a bit much I think. Rattling off 10 provinces (did he say the territories?) and missing one can only be viewed as a mistake imo.
Like liams post, when dad was calling me hed sometimes say my siblings names before he got to mine lol.

And if Albertans are that upset by what happened 40 years ago by trudeau senior, I'd suggest it's time to reconcile the feelings and move on.

And isolated? What's Manitoba and Saskatchewan done for us lately? Snicker :130:
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

whatwhat wrote:
fvkasm2x wrote:That might be the dumbest thing I've seen in a while.

You know, I have had many of people forget my name over the years (it is a very weird name so often forgotten, pronounced incorrectly etc) and I have never felt insulted by it. I have never felt the need to drop someone because I have had to repeat my names a couple times to someone.

Guess some people just need to take the stick out of their butt, of well.

Please read the bolded and underlined part.

If you are stating that you are in business and have went to meetings where you might be hiring an advertising firm, legal firm or any other professional and they couldn't even get your name correct and still hired them... then you should probably get out of business.

That's not about being uptight and having sticks in butts...
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

fvkasm2x wrote:Please read the bolded and underlined part.

If you are stating that you are in business and have went to meetings where you might be hiring an advertising firm, legal firm or any other professional and they couldn't even get your name correct and still hired them... then you should probably get out of business.

That's not about being uptight and having sticks in butts...

Well I am not in business, I have had to correct pronunciation and remind people that I do business with (managers, bosses, teachers etc) what my name is.

I just don't care. I am able to look past stupid mistakes like mispronouncing or forgetting my name to look at actual achievements and abilities.
hail Satan y'all
richardclank
Fledgling

Post by richardclank »

fvkasm2x wrote:It's actually like when you go to a business meeting with an important client and when saying hello, you forget what their name is.

I'm not sure what business meetings you've attended, but managers and business people forget names all the time or mispronounce them. The important part is whether the people can do their jobs properly, and that's exactly how we should be evaluating Trudeau. Him getting excited, leaving out Alberta, then apologizing like an hour later has nothing to do with how he is running the country. It's just a lame excuse to attack him because certain people love lording mistakes over others - especially famous people like politicians.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

I was an only child and I never felt bad if they forgot my name because it meant for once I wasn't blamed. :D
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Jlabute wrote:He's good at funeral eulogies, almost as good at birthday speeches, and horrible at political speeches.

Yeah Truth, what capacity did you serve? That's great. My dad died from mesothelioma working in the Navy, was still 84 tho.

Not for nothing, What_The pointed out that you should have used "capital" for the letter "A". However what is irking me a bit here is not your error JLabute, not at all, we all make the, but how GF wasn't all over you like at Dolly on a well tied fly.
If you identified with us centerist/left of centerist crowd you would have been over a fire pit in a cast iron.

:1422: Double standard Gone_Fishin' and you know it.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

whatwhat wrote:
Well I am not in business, I have had to correct pronunciation and remind people that I do business with (managers, bosses, teachers etc) what my name is.

I just don't care.

Well if you aren't in business (which is specifically what my example was about), then why quote me and give an answer that isn't related to my example?

If you don't care, why bother to quote me and respond (off topic mind you) to my post?

Seems like an awful lot of effort for someone who doesn't care.

richardclank wrote:I'm not sure what business meetings you've attended, but managers and business people forget names all the time or mispronounce them. The important part is whether the people can do their jobs properly, and that's exactly how we should be evaluating Trudeau. Him getting excited, leaving out Alberta, then apologizing like an hour later has nothing to do with how he is running the country. It's just a lame excuse to attack him because certain people love lording mistakes over others - especially famous people like politicians.

Well it's not really an excuse, it's just the latest in a continuous string of faux pas, bad judgement, money mismanagement and other problems. You're right... it's about him doing his job properly, which he doesn't do. To many people, myself included... he's already the worst PM in history. We already think he's doing a bad job and this just allows us to make fun of him yet again.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

I'm still waiting for someone to come explain how Trudeau went out of his way to destroy Alberta.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump

Return to “Canada”