Multi Million dollar payout to Omar Khadr

fvkasm2x
Guru

Multi Million dollar payout to Omar Khadr

Post by fvkasm2x »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/khadr-set ... -1.4189146

This honestly just seems like a bad joke.

It really just baffles my mind, that they want to pay millions of dollars to Omar Khadr. This is flat out ridiculous.
goalie
Übergod

Re: Multi Million dollar payout to Omar Khadr

Post by goalie »

I'll go to a canadian jail for 10m any day
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

goalie wrote:I'll go to a canadian jail for 10m any day

Well to be fair, he WAS tortured by Americans in Guantanamo...

But that's really not my concern for various reasons and shouldn't mean WE pay him that money.
casey60
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by casey60 »

This is unbelievable. I have no words for this. This government with its broken promises and now paying a guy who fought against the NATO alliance and who killed a US soldier, gets a 10.5 million pay out. Pay out for what? What about the soldiers family. They should get that money. Shame Liberals Shame.
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

If he would have been given a fair trial in the first place it would have never gotten this far.
Not to mention no one would have ever heard his name mentioned on the news, and no payout would have happened.
So you can't balame him or Justin.

If I was going to blame anyone it would be our former PM for just ignoring the situation as it was developing.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

stuphoto wrote:If he would have been given a fair trial in the first place it would have never gotten this far.
Not to mention no one would have ever heard his name mentioned on the news, and no payout would have happened.
So you can't balame him or Justin.

If I was going to blame anyone it would be our former PM for just ignoring the situation as it was developing.

I can and do blame anyone and everyone involved in the decision to give him money. Whoever has decided this, should be ashamed.

Why wouldn't you ignore it? He's a terrorist that pled guilty to war crimes.

As a Canadian, we shouldn't be in the business of even entertaining garbage like this. We didn't make him join ISIS. We didn't make him do terrible things. We didn't send him to Guantanamo. We didn't torture him. We didn't make him plead guilty.

Yet we get to give him $10 million of our taxpayer money? Sounds legit
mem

Post by mem »

This is the "poor boy" that we are now paying 10.5 million???? I am so *bleep*...This is just wrong.
This is the "poor boy" that we are now paying 10.5 million???? I am so *bleep*...This is just wrong.

This is so wrong!
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

I have never been more disgusted by our Govt. and legal system. He has admitted to murdering a soldier and we are rewarding him. That will send a message to our allies of what Canada truly represents.
Sickening.
Black Dogs Matter
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

fvkasm2x wrote:
Well to be fair, he WAS tortured by Americans in Guantanamo...

was he though?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

stuphoto wrote:

Ignoring what situation? He killed an army medic trying to save his life. What would you expect if Khadr had killed a Canadian medic trying to save his life? A ticker tape parade down Burrard?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
was he though?

Of course. To think they didn't do that to captured terrorists during that time frame is naive. The level of torture is debatable, but I am sure it happened.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

no way we should be paying> .If he was done wrong then he should go after the americans, what is wrong with the :cuss: :cuss: libs?
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

The outrage at this is only rivalled by the outrage generated this last weekend by the skydiving plane.

Seriously, though, Trudeau settled this issue before it ran through the court process. The feds, thanks in part to Steverino's actions, would have lost the lawsuit so badly that $10 million should be considered cutting the feds' losses.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Trudeau probably settled it early sans courts to avoid a full examination of how the secret services all work in conjunction with each other, cross borders.

And to hide Canadian secrets and keep them out of the court records? Priceless.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “Canada”