Who are the Proud Boys who disrupted an Indigenous event

jimsenchuk
Lord of the Board

Who are the Proud Boys who disrupted an Indigenous event

Post by jimsenchuk »

Who are the Proud Boys who disrupted an Indigenous event on Canada Day?

Indigenous activists in Halifax were confronted on Canada Day by a group of men who claimed to be members of a "Western chauvinist" organization called the Proud Boys.

Chief Grizzly Mamma led a ceremony on Saturday near the statue of Edward Cornwallis, Halifax's founder, who established the policy of genocide against the Mi'kmaq people.

She was briefly interrupted by five men decked in black polo shirts and carrying a Red Ensign flag, Canada's predecessor to the maple leaf.

The men — who have since been identified as members of the Canadian Armed Forces — said Grizzly Mama was "disrespecting" Cornwallis.

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as- ... -1.4189450
The only effective answer to organized greed is organized labor.
f/22
Board Meister

Re: Who are the Proud Boys who disrupted an Indigenous event

Post by f/22 »

Founder of the Proud Boys, Gavin McInnes’, theme song.

For instance, he used it in his video, Fighting "anti-fascists" is fun!.

Please note, this was deemed ‘inappropriate for some users' (including me), but maybe it’ll work for others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5whQyipm8U
neilsimon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by neilsimon »

wikipedia wrote:Proud Boy rules state that members can only ejaculate if they are within five feet of a female

I can't decide if this means that they take essentially a vow of celibacy or if they are the creeps one hears of on public transport. Based on who founded the group, I'm going to go with the latter. :biggrin:

In all seriousness, they sound like a group founded as a bit of a joke and that some people just didn't get it and take it a bit too seriously. That said, the same could be said of The Rebel and her contributors too.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

So the protesters were being protested. Such amazing times we live in :up:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
f/22
Board Meister

Post by f/22 »

We need more community centres for punk bands and mosh pits, so that them young folks can get this kind of stuff out of their systems before they feel the yearn to join the grown-ups' groups like the "Shriners, the Elks Lodge . . .."

Language warning of course.

Personal disclaimer--not intended to promote recruitment--but of course there couldn't possibly be anybody that dumb who would be participating or lurking here on this forum . . ..

Um, is there?

That Gavin McInnes is such a goof.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Speaking Aladdin, did you know that movie was the origins of the regressive left? (Language warning) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcbZxSkScPM
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Interesting that two of the five Proud Boys who attended the protest are Metis.

I've watched the footage and IMO the PBs were well-behaved and respectful.

The natives and the SJW hangers-on were rude, vulgar, intolerant, bigoted, violent, and completely disrespectful, both to the PBs and to Canada.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
f/22
Board Meister

Post by f/22 »

Glacier wrote:Speaking Aladdin, did you know that movie was the origins of the regressive left? (Language warning) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcbZxSkScPM

f/22
Board Meister

Post by f/22 »

Glacier, further to your video above mine:

‘Spock’ still says, “Fascinating cultural development, (0:54),” but in my opinion, in Canada, the battle against the origin of true ‘regression’ as in the Beauty and the Beast waltz (from your video 3:18) was begun by Pierre Trudeau when he proposed nationalizing our oil industry in the mid-1970s. And, later, Ezra Levant (a Gavin McInnis-Proud Boys supporter) backed and reinforced his idea in his book, Ethical Oil: The Case for Canada's Oil Sands back in 2010 http://orl.bibliocommons.com/item/show/ ... thical_oil.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

It's a terrible name.
If you didn't have prior knowledge of what they represented, you'd think it were some boy band, barber shop, some bar, etc Lol
f/22
Board Meister

Post by f/22 »

Sorry, I get such a bang out of this that I just can’t resist re-sharing this little bit referring to the proud boys, which I posed on an earlier thread.

I transcribed it from the video below in order to edit the language.

[Woman (professor) wearing large framed glasses and heavy coat, standing in the crowd outside of NYU where McInnes was going to 'lecture.'

Yelling at the NYPD.]

. . . Why are you here? You’re NOT here to protect these STUDENTS from NAZIS, NO YOU’RE NOT! This is completely BLEEPED UP! And these students have to BLEEPING FACE THEM on their OWN! You should be ASHAMED of yourselves! YOU should be STANDING UP to those NAZIS! You should be protecting these STUDENTS from HATE! This is HATE!

[Indicates McInnes' Proud Boys.]

These are BLEEPING BLEEPHOLES!

[Back to the police.]

And this is a joke! You’re protecting the Nazis. It’s a BLEEPING joke!

[Indicates the Proud Boys again.]

You are a JOKE! You’re PROUD BOYS! You’re PROUD BOYS! They (unintelligible)!
[To (somebody) else.]

And you’re a Proud Boy too, you MOTHER BLEEPER!

[Turning and foaming.]

YOU’RE NOT PROTECTING the NYU STUDENTS here! It’s DISCUSTING!

[Points to herself and bounces on her toes.]

I’M A PROFESSOR! HOW DARE YOU!

[Turning and pointing.]

HOW DARE YOU, YOU BLEEPING BLEEPHOLES! Protect the NEO-NAZIS! BLEEP YOU! BLEEP YOU! BLEEP YOU! These are KIDS who are trying to LEARN about HUMANITY! They’re tryin’ to learn about HUMAN RIGHTS and against RACISM and ZENOPHOBIA and LGBTQ rights.

[Losing her voice.
Turning and pointing.]

And you’re letting these bleeping Neo-Nazis near here.

[To the police.]

You should kick their BLEEP. You SHOULD! You should be ashamed of yourself! You should!

BLEEP that BLEEP!

BLEEP that BLEEP!

[Turns to the students.]

It’s not up to these STUDENTS to kick the BLEEP of a Neo-Nazi.

[Back to the police.]

They don’t have to raise their fists.

[Raising her fist.]

They were taught to be PEACEFULL!

[To the police.
Now sounding better than any heavy-metal rocker that I’ve ever heard.]

BLEEP YOU! BLEEP YOU!

[Someone in the audience speaks.]

Coming from a professor.

[Back to the professor.]

I’M A PROFESSOR!

[Someone else speaks.]

She’s a professor. Hey guys she’s a professor!

[The professor.]

This is AMERICA! You’re here to protect NEO-NAZIS! So BLEEP YOU! GOD BLEEPING BLEEP IT!

[Turning and pumping her fist.]

Those kids should not have to take this stuff to Neo-Nazis.

[Back to the police.]

And you’re putting them in this situation.

GO TO BLEEP!

BLEEP YOU, NYPD.

[Cheers from the crowd.

The professor frumps off.]

(for reference, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJa_s_2QX_c)
f/22
Board Meister

Post by f/22 »

Comes with the usual warnings.

Off the top answer: Theresa Spence.

Closer to home: Roxanne Lindley.

Mi’kmaq: Deborah Robinson.
f/22
Board Meister

Post by f/22 »

Ohhh. That Chief . . . Chief Grizzly Mamma . . ..

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scot ... -1.4187445
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

Looked like a protest, not a "ceremony" from what I saw. If it was an actual sacred ceremony, I would say the guys who interfered were in the wrong. If, however, it was just a few people bitching and complaining about Cornwallis, I think anyone has a right to express their contrary opinion.

Another huge Canadian tempest in a teacup. We sure like to make a big deal aboot nothing.
jimsenchuk
Lord of the Board

Post by jimsenchuk »

techrtr wrote:Looked like a protest, not a "ceremony" from what I saw. If it was an actual sacred ceremony, I would say the guys who interfered were in the wrong. If, however, it was just a few people bitching and complaining about Cornwallis, I think anyone has a right to express their contrary opinion.

Another huge Canadian tempest in a teacup. We sure like to make a big deal aboot nothing.

When you are representing the Canadian Navy and you go and disrupt something like this, it does not look good for the Navy, these hooligans should be given a dishonorable discharge, they do not belong in any of our armed forces.
The only effective answer to organized greed is organized labor.

Return to “Canada”