Lender considers ending pipeline money

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Lender considers ending pipeline money

Post by maryjane48 »

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/calg ... -1.4196866

a major backers of pipelines is th8nk8ng about ending that based on concerns for the enviroment
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: Lender considers ending pipeline money

Post by maryjane48 »

http://m.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/07/10/d ... a-homepage

it is official now. they have suspended all pipeline loans except for transmountain. they say now they are committed to that project but who knows . that could change if there are delays because of court cases
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

So the biggest group of tiny banking power makes CBC some headlines to look like it matters.

Fun.

And pointless. I love how you feel it's a moral play when it 100% a business play for the clientele they have and the rates they will change based on it.

I could pee on the road and call it a monsoon and it would play an accurate effect as this.

I don't fault them, it's a business choice, investing companies and banks make them every day, some I like some I don't. None are an actual political statement though many will make them into one.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Veovis wrote:So the biggest group of tiny banking power makes CBC some headlines to look like it matters.

Fun.

And pointless. I love how you feel it's a moral play when it 100% a business play for the clientele they have and the rates they will change based on it.

I could pee on the road and call it a monsoon and it would play an accurate effect as this.

I don't fault them, it's a business choice, investing companies and banks make them every day, some I like some I don't. None are an actual political statement though many will make them into one.

um they said in their own words it was a reflection of the times . people do not want to invest in carbon anymore . there is greener pastures so to speak . if they kill funding for transmountain its over . dead in the water . . time move on or get left behind .
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

It is called "virtue signalling". No substance, and all for show.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

maryjane48 wrote: people do not want to invest in carbon anymore . there is greener pastures so to speak . .

They don't want to invest in something that won't provide a decent return. It has nothing to do with "carbon". People also don't want to invest in typewriters and buggy whips. I know you want to spin this as some anti-oil thing.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
westbankkid
Übergod

Post by westbankkid »

Desjardins are small potatoes when it comes to investors in Kinder Morgans 7 billion dollar pipeline. They are supplying 145 million which is a drop in the bucket. I'm sure KM is not very worried about them.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

rwede time to get with the times . westkid you need to become westman [icon_lol2.gif] the pipeline be shipping weedoil [icon_lol2.gif]
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Business/ ... k-to-start

Seems it's going ahead.

I wonder if Horgan will put an end to it or see it's not going to be valuable to put an end to it.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

So sick of these worker hating posts . Why do you hate working people . Do you have a car . Does it burn gas . Do you have gas water heater and furnace . We need this stuff . I don't see you complaining about burning tires at your standing rock protests
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

:135: What work hating posts?

I'm wondering what's going to happen.
JFlem :135: you okay?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

I just don't understand some people they are apparently against everything .
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

While at the same time supporting every bad idea under the sun . We have to vote against these people . It's actually scary

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Who is supporting "every bad idea under the sun" and what bad ideas would those be?

:200:

Return to “Canada”