Wildrose, Progressive Conservatives Unite

whitecandle
Board Meister

Wildrose, Progressive Conservatives Unite

Post by whitecandle »

RED DEER, ALTA.—Alberta's political landscape profoundly shifted Saturday as its two main conservative parties — enemies for a decade — overwhelmingly agreed to end their feud and work as one to defeat Premier Rachel Notley's NDP.

In separate votes, members of the Wildrose party and the Progressive Conservatives voted in a landslide to merge into the new United Conservative Party.

Wildrose supporters voted 95.4 per cent in results announced at a hotel in Red Deer late Saturday afternoon.

About two hours later, Progressive Conservative Leader Jason Kenney announced at Calgary's Stampede Grounds that 95 per cent of his members ratified the proposed deal, which had been brokered by both parties in May.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/201 ... tives.html
Remember yesterday. Dream tomorrow. Live like crazy today.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: Wildrose, Progressive Conservatives Unite

Post by maryjane48 »

great news :130: . be much easier for the current govt to win with both rightwing parties under one banner [icon_lol2.gif]
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Bye bye Notley. Your reign of terror is almost over . 2018 can't come fast enough . Make Alberta great again
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

maryjane48 wrote:great news :130: . be much easier for the current govt to win with both rightwing parties under one banner [icon_lol2.gif]

Yes, let's hope that the NDP take your sterling political advice that one party is easier to defeat than two parties with similar ideologies whose votes are split. Makes perfect sense.
Not afraid to say "It".
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

The next election will be a landslide win for the new party. Kinda like what happened last time the NDP lost power here. Massive humiliating loss. No squeaker inching out the other party with an unholy alliance, just a reality check for policies that destroy lives due to fiscal mismanagement.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Albertans will celebrate. The election of a conservative alliance or coalition will ensure that the world price of oil will instantly surge back over $100 per barrel and the province can go back to living the "Albertan lifestyle" with two cars, a truck, a housetrailer for a week's use every summer, a boat, two skidoos, two seadoos, and a pair of dirt bikes all stuffed inside the garage or parked in the yard of a $600,000 home.

Alberta: back and tall in the saddle.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

bob vernon wrote:Albertans will celebrate. The election of a conservative alliance or coalition will ensure that the world price of oil will instantly surge back over $100 per barrel and the province can go back to living the "Albertan lifestyle" with two cars, a truck, a housetrailer for a week's use every summer, a boat, two skidoos, two seadoos, and a pair of dirt bikes all stuffed inside the garage or parked in the yard of a $600,000 home.Alberta: back and tall in the saddle.

Pretty much nailed it. You forgot to say how the oil was going to go back up to $100/ barrel.....pixi-dust...
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

bob vernon wrote:Albertans will celebrate. The election of a conservative alliance or coalition will ensure that the world price of oil will instantly surge back over $100 per barrel and the province can go back to living the "Albertan lifestyle" with two cars, a truck, a housetrailer for a week's use every summer, a boat, two skidoos, two seadoos, and a pair of dirt bikes all stuffed inside the garage or parked in the yard of a $600,000 home.

Alberta: back and tall in the saddle.

Anyone who works 12 hour shifts . 7 days a week 300 days a year. Like a lot of Albertans do . Deserves all that and more . Just cause you would rather not work there does not mean others should not venture to go
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I do get kick out of this, wildrose party split off of Alberta pc and now they are reunited & some on here are calling it a coalition.
All it is the right is reuniting to remove left party in power, oh yes name change.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

GordonH wrote:I do get kick out of this, wildrose party split off of Alberta pc and now they are reunited & some on here are calling it a coalition.
All it is the right is reuniting to remove left party in power, oh yes name change.

Wild rose is the Byfield faction . They are powerful . Don't get it mixed up this is a takeover of the pcs by wild rose

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

its great they unite . are they going to run on stopping pipelines cause notley has 3 in her folder :130:
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

i can hardly wait to see thier platform .. no pipelines and repealing workers comp for farms :130: . sounds like a losing combination :130:
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

maryjane48 wrote:its great they unite . are they going to run on stopping pipelines cause notley has 3 in her folder :130:

They will run on a common sense platform . Less taxes . Less government. It's not even gonna be close . Ndp gonna be just a dark patch in the history of Alberta . Yes bill 6 will likely be repealed . Thank God

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

maryjane48 wrote:i can hardly wait to see thier platform .. no pipelines and repealing workers comp for farms :130: . sounds like a losing combination :130:

perhaps hiring people who can read a financial statement and understand basic concepts of income tax and economics. That's a start.

All in all though it was a good kick in the pants for the Conservatives in Alberta to see Nutley and her band of incompetent boobs get into power. Now on to another 50 year dynasty.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

why would people vote for less worker protection ? thats not going to happen . notley will be able to brag about 3 pipeline expansions . thats jobs for albertans . and the fact the oil industryvbacks her carbon plan is going to leave the righties as the party of no :130:
. times have changed and will change more . all over the world we see rightwing neo cons being shut out of govt . :smt045

Return to “Canada”