NAFTA Negotiations

hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

NAFTA Negotiations

Post by hobbyguy »

The softwood lumber deal is almost done, down to arguing about European and Russian lumber.

The big the one is coming up. NAFTA. So I started digging into how well prepared we are for the NAFTA negotiations. This seems like a good move: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/rona-ambrose-named-to-liberal-governments-nafta-advisory-council/article35862737/

"The Trudeau government has tapped former interim Conservative leader Rona Ambrose to give advice on the imminent renegotiation of the North American Free Trade Agreement.

Ambrose is one of 13 members of a newly created advisory council on NAFTA, announced today by Foreign Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland.

Other members include James Moore, a former minister in the previous Conservative government, and Brian Topp, a veteran NDP strategist, one-time NDP leadership contender and former chief of staff to Alberta’s NDP premier, Rachel Notley.

The membership is designed to demonstrate a unified, non-partisan, Team Canada approach to the negotiations, which are set to start Aug. 16.

It also includes representatives of various groups that have the most at stake in the negotiations, among them, Canadian Labour Congress president Hassan Yussuff; Linda Hasenfratz, CEO of automotive parts manufacturer Linamar Corp., and Marce Groleau, president of Quebec’s union of agricultural producers."

The fun part will be getting that disparate group to pull together, but I guess their willingness to be members signals they will. We need them to!
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: NAFTA Negotiations

Post by Queen K »

I'll dry my eyes over AB/BC Red Cross-Gate and support Justin Trudeau's foresight into creating such a political non-partisan committee.

Seems like only the worst political partisan could be against this move. :up:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
jimmy4321
Guru

Re: NAFTA Negotiations

Post by jimmy4321 »

You'll hear crickets on this thread Lol

Here's a little positivity though this was early on.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/08/03 ... a-homepage

Return to “Canada”