Pallister uses unsecure email

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Pallister uses unsecure email

Post by maryjane48 »

Manitoba Premier Brian Pallister's secret, security-conscious method for working while at his vacation home in Costa Rica involves his wife's personal email account and her cellphone.

Documents obtained by The Canadian Press under the province's freedom of information law show Pallister, who has repeatedly said he is always reachable while in the tropical country, was sought after by staff during a visit last December.

They reached out to his wife, Esther, through her personal Bell MTS email account while trying to set up a conference call with senior staff and Health Minister Kelvin Goertzen.

http://m.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/08/02/b ... a-homepage
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Re: Pallister uses unsecure email

Post by bob vernon »

It's all okay because he's a Conservative. If he was an evil leftist the vitriol and outrage on here would be pages in length. Can you imagine if Justin moved to Costa Rica for half the year and used unsecured e-mail accounts. To even send copies of the budget over a week before it became public? But there's no problem here, move along.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

At this point the party is still raging in Manitoba because the 17 year reign of corruption and waste of the NDP is over. Venezitoba is finally free of their evil hard-left New-Dumb overlords.

That being said, Pallister should use secured email. That also being said, the vitriol should be reserved for issues like lying about raising the provincial sales tax, like his evil New Dumb predecessors did. That kind of disgusting behavior is worth pages of vitriol. Thank goodness the horrible NDP is finally out of Mannezuela and the evil leftists have been vanquished. What terrible people.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

I actually feel he should be pushed out as premier. I heard on the news they don't have specific rules and just rely on common sense which I agree should work. IMHO if he is not smart enough to look after this properly he is probably not smart enough to be premier of a province. I felt the same way about Hilary Clinton, it was one of the reasons I thought she was unsuitable for president. Not because of what was in the emails but because she used her personal email in the first place. How can you expect anyone under you to do a proper job and follow protocol if you can't do it yourself.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I agree leaders should be on top of this long before being in their position.

As far as Hillary goes I agree for the most part ,though the US is taking a hell of a hit for replacing her. In hindsight I'm not sure most would think it was worth it.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

The Green Barbarian wrote:At this point the party is still raging in Manitoba because the 17 year reign of corruption and waste of the NDP is over. Venezitoba is finally free of their evil hard-left New-Dumb overlords.

That being said, Pallister should use secured email. That also being said, the vitriol should be reserved for issues like lying about raising the provincial sales tax, like his evil New Dumb predecessors did. That kind of disgusting behavior is worth pages of vitriol. Thank goodness the horrible NDP is finally out of Mannezuela and the evil leftists have been vanquished. What terrible people.

Green.............try to contain your hatred for all things NDP to B.C. where you have spent your life. You have said you have relatives in Manitoba who hate the NDP so you go by what they say. I made my living in Manitoba before coming back here and the NDP spent many years cleaning up the P.C. MESS under Gary Filman. Rest assured, Pallister and this current P.C. government are gone AGAIN in the next election. The NDP there were doomed to loose because their leader Sellinger was too stupid to step down..........end of story. There has been no perfect government........anywhere.........ever!
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

lesliepaul wrote:
Green.............try to contain your hatred for all things NDP to B.C. where you have spent your life. You have said you have relatives in Manitoba who hate the NDP so you go by what they say. I made my living in Manitoba before coming back here and the NDP spent many years cleaning up the P.C. MESS under Gary Filman. Rest assured, Pallister and this current P.C. government are gone AGAIN in the next election. The NDP there were doomed to loose because their leader Sellinger was too stupid to step down..........end of story. There has been no perfect government........anywhere.........ever!

Leslie - not sure where you get your information but the disgusting NDP never clean up any messes, they just make them worse.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson

Return to “Canada”