150 asylum requests a day

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: 150 asylum requests a day

Post by the truth »

"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

Two things bother me about these "refugees" and essentially the whole state of immigration for the most part nowadays.

1. The fact that so many are just looking for a handout. They expect to be given things. Up until very recently, all immigrants had to work hard when they got to Canada or America. They didn't get handouts. No matter if you were Irish, Italian, Asian or a freed slave... you worked. Go back even farther. You might have gotten a parcel of land from the government or claimed it as your own... you still had to farm it, build a house and grow crops/raise livestock. You earned it or you died.

When I say anything against immigration, people who don't know me often go to that immediately ridiculous defense of "You're an immigrant."

Well, literally everyone is. Even the Aboriginals. They're a hybrid of South American and Inuit settlers that came over the Bering land bridge in the North and Spain by ship in the south. They didn't just appear out of nowhere.

But I digress...

So many immigrants today want free everything to the point it's expected and an affront if you don't give them enough.

2. They break the law or come illegally.

If you don't have a job, education or skill to provide something beneficial to your new country, don't come. If you do... apply legally. Come here. Be my friend and neighbor. I prefer hard working, honest people. Not people who expect to skip the wait period, come with no documents or paperwork, etc....

Showing up and not having any proof of who you are or where you come from is sketchy at best.

It makes a mockery of the people who do it legitimately. There are rules in place. They should be followed.
Last edited by fvkasm2x on Aug 10th, 2017, 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

yup, handout is what most seem to want, not a handup, look at europe :200: and whats going there now
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Osoyoos_Familyof4
Board Meister

Post by Osoyoos_Familyof4 »

http://globalnews.ca/news/3299221/asylu ... rder-laws/

Again, not ALL are illegal crossing, some are, some aren't.

Further, this is DIRECT from the CBSA website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/refugees/inside/index.asp
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Here it starts refugee camps in Canada! Let the flood begin.....

Migrant camp being built for HUNDREDS of refugees crossing into Canada from the US

THE Canadian military is building a camp to accommodate the growing number of migrants crossing from the US.

The military-built camp will house around 500 asylum seekers in Saint-Bernard-de-Lacolle, Quebec, which is a municipality situated along the US-Canadian border.

The news comes as more than 3,300 people crossed into Quebec between January 1 and June 30 this year, according to government figures.

In January, 452 people claimed asylum at Quebec border crossings which is a 230 per cent increase from January 2016.

The camp will accommodate migrants in heated tents fitted with flooring and electricity while they wait for their refugee applications to be processed.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/839 ... um-seekers
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Osoyoos_Familyof4 wrote:http://globalnews.ca/news/3299221/asylum-seekers-us-canada-border-laws/

Again, not ALL are illegal crossing, some are, some aren't.

Further, this is DIRECT from the CBSA website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/refugees/inside/index.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/refugees/inside/index.asp exactly and these haitians comimg into canada from the states are not running away because of risk of life or torture from the usa govt, the whole thing is a joke and people like you feeding the poison
Osoyoos_Familyof4
Board Meister

And they're coming from the USA because they are being deported backed to unsafe countries which are on the CANADIAN list of approved countries that we accept refugee claims from. They are trying not to return to dangerous and hostile territories.

Again, just because you don't like it, it doesn't make it illegal necessarily.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Osoyoos_Familyof4 wrote:And they're coming from the USA because they are being deported backed to unsafe countries which are on the CANADIAN list of approved countries that we accept refugee claims from. They are trying not to return to dangerous and hostile territories.

Proof please...
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Prime Minister invites the world and as word spreads....here they come.

Canada’s Border Invasion Intensifies!

my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

I'm a late comer to this topic. I've read quickly the bulk of the posts, so forgive me if I re-hash some issues.

Unless I'm right out to lunch the whole story of the large number of asylum seekers entering Canada is pretty straight forward.

The vast majority of these people have entered the USA asking for asylum. Now with "the Donald" as president, they feel that their applications are likely going to be rejected (rightly or wrongly).

There is an agreement between the US and Canada, called the "Safe Third Country Agreement", that basically says, if someone makes an application for asylum in one of the countries, if they then make an application in the other, they are returned to the first to have the first country process the application.

The loop hold in that agreement is when one of these asylum seekers doesn't present themselves at an official, open border crossing. Thus all these people trekking across open country to cross into Canada.

If they presented themselves at a proper border crossing and admitted that they were a US asylum seeker who has now decided that the should have picked Canada, they would be refused entry. They have picked the country the wanted to apply to and can't change. It's laid out in the "Safe Third Country Agreement".

The next loop hold involves if this act of crossing the border at a place where there isn't a border crossing. That issue is muddied because IF it is determined that the person is a legitimate refugee then they did not break the law, but if they are NOT a refugee they did.

So, someone crossing the border without reporting because they just don't want to (perhaps importing something they don't want the authorities to know about), is not a refugee and thus is illegally crossing the border.

In the courts when deciding who is and who is not a refugee, they look for someone who is terrified of being hurt or tortured or killed, thus they sought to be a refugee. BUT, it they were already in a safe country, ie, the US of A, they aren't fleeing for their life, they are "country shopping".

Also leaving your country because it's suffered an earth quake or some other undesirable event, doesn't give one the right to claim refugee status.

My real concern is why the government isn't moving heaven and earth to process these people. If Canada starts kicking these "country shoppers" out, it will likely slow the steady stream.

What is JT doing ? Waiting until he has a million ?
Last edited by my5cents on Aug 10th, 2017, 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

bingo its just a joke to these people, and out to lunch leftwing nutjobs on here can not see it :200:
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

In The Province news today there is a very interesting article entitled "Back Road to Hope: Emigrants to Canada" apologize as i didn't link it here

It is written from an American perspective of how facebook posts have spread like wildfire about the tricky loophole in Canadian law that allows anyone and everyone to pour across into Quebec. The migrants are arriving in New York state by plane, chartered buses, taxis and shuttle buses. It is NOT 150 per day, it is now up to 400 per day.

There are so many arriving that authorities are simply letting them loose with the promise to show up in a couple of months for proper screening. Right-o !!

There are, at this moment, 100 army personnel in attendance setting up tents, toilets and electricity for the ones being somewhat detained but more army folk will be needed so we may lose our 150 posted here to "help" with fires. (See "Military" in Fire Watch 2017.

It is a good read, enlightening.

If JT closes this "loophole" it will probably be after he counts noses to determine if he has enough of these new voters to save his skin come election time.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

Osoyoos_Familyof4 wrote:And they're coming from the USA because they are being deported backed to unsafe countries which are on the CANADIAN list of approved countries that we accept refugee claims from. They are trying not to return to dangerous and hostile territories.

Again, just because you don't like it, it doesn't make it illegal necessarily.

Your understanding of the situation is very simplistic and fairly inaccurate.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Replacement population....your being replaced. :smt045

Osoyoos_Familyof4
Board Meister

Actually I have provided "proof" on this thread more than once. One site is from global who wrote a piece that contains quotes from experts who clarify the terminology "legal" "illegal" and "irregular" both respecting BOTH sides of this issue. The other was DIRECTLY from the CBSA website which claims we do have a legal process for people already inside the border to seek out refugee status.

Again, just because it makes you mad, doesn't make it illegal, it can be illegal, and it can be illegal, and it can be irregular. This isn't obfuscation, this is fact. It depends entirely on WHICH particular crossing they choose.

Return to “Canada”