AIR CANADA Pilots need to go back to flight school

westbankkid
Übergod

AIR CANADA Pilots need to go back to flight school

Post by westbankkid »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/20 ... ings-in-TO

The number of incidents involving Air Canada in the last 3 weeks is alarming. Do they not know how to fly an aircraft?We will not fly with them. We have had flight cancellations, my wife and I seated 17 rows apart, Had a confirmed seat for me on a connecting flight and the wife on standby. The list goes on. We have now smartened up and WILL NOT fly Air Canada.
my5cents
Guru

Re: AIR CANADA Pilots need to go back to flight school

Post by my5cents »

westbankkid wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/203592/Planes-clip-wings-in-TO

The number of incidents involving Air Canada in the last 3 weeks is alarming. Do they not know how to fly an aircraft?We will not fly with them. We have had flight cancellations, my wife and I seated 17 rows apart, Had a confirmed seat for me on a connecting flight and the wife on standby. The list goes on. We have now smartened up and WILL NOT fly Air Canada.

It was very concerning that the A/C plane clipped the parked aircraft, however I suspect the location of one or both of the parked, and parking plane could be more the fault of ground crews, than the pilot(s).

The earlier near landing and catastrophe on the taxi way, a bigger concern.

As for A/C customer relations, you are correct it is very bad.

There motto ? "We're not happy until you're not happy"
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

westbankkid wrote: my wife and I seated 17 rows apart,

This happened to us... ON OUR HONEYMOON! lol
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Oh yay! Another AC bashing thread started by westbankkid.
westbankkid wrote:The number of incidents involving Air Canada in the last 3 weeks is alarming.

The SFO incident was alarming, but as the investigation is proceeding, more factors are coming to play then simple pilot error. I'll wait until the investigation is concluded before I throw any stones. The compressor stall the other day is nothing alarming nor is a clipped wing - those incidents happen weekly to every airline around the globe. WestJet clipped a wing in LGA a couple of months ago, it happens.
westbankkid wrote:Do they not know how to fly an aircraft?

They do.
westbankkid wrote:We have had flight cancellations, my wife and I seated 17 rows apart, Had a confirmed seat for me on a connecting flight and the wife on standby. The list goes on.

Applies to every airline in all corners of the world. I could share many stories about Canada's other airline and the constant delays, cancellations, bumped passengers, etc. I'm still waiting for a refund from my Plus fare I purchased last year and got bumped down to econo class due to a missed connection and rebooking. I flew 14 segments with them that week, 11 of them were delayed or cancelled. What a week that was. But I won't bad mouth them, I know it happens, even though its happening with them more and more than AC these days. Had another 3 hour delay last weekend due to a mechanical issue, then another 1 hour delay on another flight last week.
westbankkid wrote:We will not fly with them.

westbankkid wrote:We have now smartened up and WILL NOT fly Air Canada.

Thank God, nothing worse then sitting at an airport gate having to endure the whining and snivelling of people who have nothing better to do then complain about a ticket on an airline they purchased.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.

Return to “Canada”