54377
54680

Trump or Trudeau

Who would you rather be Prime Minister

Justin Trudeau
25
40%
Donald Trump
38
60%
 
Total votes : 63

Trump or Trudeau

Postby Omnitheo » Aug 8th, 2017, 5:37 pm

A meme was posted in another thread asking for Trump to be the Prime Minister of Canada. Ironically after Trump was elected, many in the US were calling for Trudeau to be president.

If you could choose between the two though, knowing what either has done -or failed to do- for either nation, which would you rather be Canada's Prime Minister?

What advantages would one have over the other?
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau

OldIslander likes this post.
User avatar
Omnitheo
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3942
Likes: 5732 posts
Liked in: 2868 posts
Joined: Jul 19th, 2011, 10:10 am

Re: Trump or Trudeau

Postby Queen K » Aug 8th, 2017, 5:45 pm

I voted Trudeau.

I would not want a man who calls for the unlawful treatment of prisoners running Canada.
Our saddest days are when we add up our losses, and losses seem to be our saddest when we lose our best. Proud to be a "Leaf-licker" and I know who else is too. **smiles**
User avatar
Queen K
Queen of the Castle
 
Posts: 51798
Likes: 11447 posts
Liked in: 11952 posts
Joined: Jan 31st, 2007, 12:39 pm
Location: What? You mean here?

Re: Trump or Trudeau

Postby sobrohusfat » Aug 8th, 2017, 6:05 pm

there are no stupid questions !




neither



- but put this proven strong smart sexy beast in there ?...

Bibi.png
Bibi.png (89.25 KiB) Viewed 1017 times


...absolutely without a doubt.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." - Mark Twain
User avatar
sobrohusfat
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4084
Likes: 1261 posts
Liked in: 1544 posts
Joined: Jul 2nd, 2008, 12:42 am

Re: Trump or Trudeau

Postby maryjane48 » Aug 8th, 2017, 6:14 pm

lol bibi wouldnt want be pm here , canada doesnt run a aparthied state :130:
User avatar
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 17124
Likes: 10586 posts
Liked in: 2665 posts
Joined: May 28th, 2010, 7:58 pm

Re: Trump or Trudeau

Postby fvkasm2x » Aug 9th, 2017, 7:19 am

Definitely neither... but I'd take a stalk of broccoli over Trudeau any day.

3 people like this post.
User avatar
fvkasm2x
Guru
 
Posts: 6603
Likes: 290 posts
Liked in: 1094 posts
Joined: Apr 1st, 2007, 3:06 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

Re: Trump or Trudeau

Postby JagXKR » Aug 9th, 2017, 7:52 am

It is a kin to asking which turd would you like to eat. Both are unacceptable to be leaders. Trump though would be better for me financially so that would tip my decision ever so slightly to the gold skin celebrity. Also he is anti eco-terrorist and that also helps me financially.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
JagXKR
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 980
Likes: 3 posts
Liked in: 792 posts
Joined: Jun 19th, 2011, 6:25 am
Location: Penticton

Re: Trump or Trudeau

Postby Omnitheo » Aug 10th, 2017, 7:03 am

Not really seeing many compelling arguments for Trump next to the votes he's gotten so far.

Here's a quick one from the low hanging fruit for Trudeau over Trump as a leader.

Trudeau: respects women who make up >50% of demographic

Trump: insults and objectifies women, grabs them by the *bleep*, and invites himself into pageant changing rooms.
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Omnitheo
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3942
Likes: 5732 posts
Liked in: 2868 posts
Joined: Jul 19th, 2011, 10:10 am

Re: Trump or Trudeau

Postby fvkasm2x » Aug 10th, 2017, 7:42 am

Omnitheo wrote:Not really seeing many compelling arguments for Trump next to the votes he's gotten so far.


The argument for Trump over Trudeau is pretty much the same as so many people used when voting for Trudeau last election. "He's not Harper."

A lot of people voted for Trump because he wasn't Hillary. A lot of people would vote for Trump, because he's not Trudeau.

It's a crazy notion, but sadly... one many of us are forced with because we are essentially only given 2 or 3 candidates and often times, they all suck

2 people like this post.
User avatar
fvkasm2x
Guru
 
Posts: 6603
Likes: 290 posts
Liked in: 1094 posts
Joined: Apr 1st, 2007, 3:06 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

Re: Trump or Trudeau

Postby Btfsplck » Aug 10th, 2017, 10:00 am

This is an impossible poll to answer. Both are terrible leaders that have no business being where they are.
It's sad reflection on the electorate in both Canada and the USA that they got elected. Both were elected on their star power rather than their intellect or abilities.

2 people like this post.
Btfsplck
 
Posts: 83
Likes: 1207 posts
Liked in: 114 posts
Joined: May 26th, 2016, 2:31 pm

Re: Trump or Trudeau

Postby HorganIsMyHero » Aug 10th, 2017, 10:13 am

Btfsplck wrote:Both were elected on their star power rather than their intellect or abilities.



Born in Ottawa, Trudeau attended Collège Jean-de-Brébeuf and graduated from McGill University in 1994 and the University of British Columbia in 1998. He gained a high public profile in October 2000, when he delivered a eulogy at his father's state funeral.[5] After graduating, he worked as a teacher in Vancouver, British Columbia. He completed one year of an engineering program at Montreal's École Polytechnique before quitting in 2003. In 2005 he began a master's degree in environmental geography at McGill University but quit after one year. He used his public profile to advocate for various causes and acted in the 2007 TV miniseries The Great War.[6]

Eight years after his father's death, Trudeau entered politics. In the 2008 federal election, he was elected to represent the riding of Papineau in the House of Commons. In 2009, he was appointed the Liberal Party's critic for youth and multiculturalism, and the following year, became critic for citizenship and immigration. In 2011, he was appointed as critic for secondary education and youth and amateur sport. Trudeau won the leadership of the Liberal Party in April 2013 and went on to lead his party to victory in the 2015 federal election, moving the 3rd-placed Liberals from 36 seats to 184 seats, the largest-ever numerical increase by a party in a Canadian election.



Looks to me like Trudeau is well educated and had a pretty decent background in politics before becoming PM.

2 people like this post.
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister
 
Posts: 448
Likes: 119 posts
Liked in: 234 posts
Joined: Aug 5th, 2017, 2:49 pm

Re: Trump or Trudeau

Postby fvkasm2x » Aug 10th, 2017, 10:42 am

HorganIsMyHero wrote:

Born in Ottawa, Trudeau attended Collège Jean-de-Brébeuf and graduated from McGill University in 1994 and the University of British Columbia in 1998. He gained a high public profile in October 2000, when he delivered a eulogy at his father's state funeral.[5] After graduating, he worked as a teacher in Vancouver, British Columbia. He completed one year of an engineering program at Montreal's École Polytechnique before quitting in 2003. In 2005 he began a master's degree in environmental geography at McGill University but quit after one year. He used his public profile to advocate for various causes and acted in the 2007 TV miniseries The Great War.[6]

Eight years after his father's death, Trudeau entered politics. In the 2008 federal election, he was elected to represent the riding of Papineau in the House of Commons. In 2009, he was appointed the Liberal Party's critic for youth and multiculturalism, and the following year, became critic for citizenship and immigration. In 2011, he was appointed as critic for secondary education and youth and amateur sport. Trudeau won the leadership of the Liberal Party in April 2013 and went on to lead his party to victory in the 2015 federal election, moving the 3rd-placed Liberals from 36 seats to 184 seats, the largest-ever numerical increase by a party in a Canadian election.



Looks to me like Trudeau is well educated and had a pretty decent background in politics before becoming PM.


Ha ha. For some reason I've never seen this. I know you weren't intending to make fun of him, but it's nice to see that he quits when things get tough or he loses interest.

5 people like this post.
User avatar
fvkasm2x
Guru
 
Posts: 6603
Likes: 290 posts
Liked in: 1094 posts
Joined: Apr 1st, 2007, 3:06 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

Re: Trump or Trudeau

Postby Btfsplck » Aug 10th, 2017, 12:36 pm

HorganIsMyHero wrote:
Looks to me like Trudeau is well educated and had a pretty decent background in politics before becoming PM.

You set the bar quite low if you think Trudeau is well educated. Drama teacher and snowboard instructor. Awesome!
He and the Liberal party are riding on his dad's coattails all the way, to suggest otherwise is disingenuous. Do you think he would be prime minister today if his name was Justin Templeton? If you answer yes, I would suggest you are blinded by a bit of his star power.

2 people like this post.
Btfsplck
 
Posts: 83
Likes: 1207 posts
Liked in: 114 posts
Joined: May 26th, 2016, 2:31 pm

Re: Trump or Trudeau

Postby Omnitheo » Aug 10th, 2017, 12:49 pm

fvkasm2x wrote:
The argument for Trump over Trudeau is pretty much the same as so many people used when voting for Trudeau last election. "He's not Harper."

A lot of people voted for Trump because he wasn't Hillary. A lot of people would vote for Trump, because he's not Trudeau.

It's a crazy notion, but sadly... one many of us are forced with because we are essentially only given 2 or 3 candidates and often times, they all suck


Which is an extremely irresponsible way to vote. People are voting based on misinformation against someone else, instead of the actual policies and merits of another.

Still nobody in this thread has posted a single merit for Trump.

I see Trump is now leading in the poll. Care to provide a reasonable argument why you feel that Donald Trump would make a better prime minister than Justin Trudeau?

Here's some more low hanging fruit to support Trudeau over Trump:

Trudeau: fills his cabinet with scientists and people with an appropriate resume in the fields that qualifies them to make informed policy decisions:

Trump: appoints lobbyists, family members, and other swamp monsters.
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau

OldIslander likes this post.
User avatar
Omnitheo
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3942
Likes: 5732 posts
Liked in: 2868 posts
Joined: Jul 19th, 2011, 10:10 am

Re: Trump or Trudeau

Postby HorganIsMyHero » Aug 10th, 2017, 12:56 pm

Btfsplck wrote:You set the bar quite low if you think Trudeau is well educated. Drama teacher and snowboard instructor. Awesome!


I'm not sure I comprehend your post. It takes at least 5 years of university education to become a teacher. Trudeau completed a BA in literature and then a subsequent degree in education to teach.

If 5 years of university education isn't good enough for you, how many years of education do you think PMs should have? 7? Is there a particular number or a particular degree you have in mind?

Omnitheo likes this post.
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister
 
Posts: 448
Likes: 119 posts
Liked in: 234 posts
Joined: Aug 5th, 2017, 2:49 pm

Re: Trump or Trudeau

Postby fvkasm2x » Aug 10th, 2017, 1:03 pm

Omnitheo wrote:Which is an extremely irresponsible way to vote. People are voting based on misinformation against someone else, instead of the actual policies and merits of another.


But I suppose you're fine with Trudeau winning with a big help from that very thing?

I personally know dozens of people who voted for Trudeau because they were tired of Harper. It had nothing to do with him or his platform, it was just to get rid of Harper.

"Strategic voting" they called it.

That's fine though... but not if it's for someone against "your" guy?

Omnitheo wrote:Care to provide a reasonable argument why you feel that Donald Trump would make a better prime minister than Justin Trudeau?


You only gave us two options. You didn't allow us to vote "Neither" or for a different person. I've said repeatedly they both need to be as far away from politics as possible. They're both terrible. But If I have to choose one idiot over another idiot, I'd choose the idiot with terrible behavior I can predict and who has at least 1 policy I am on board with, instead of 0.

Glacier likes this post.
User avatar
fvkasm2x
Guru
 
Posts: 6603
Likes: 290 posts
Liked in: 1094 posts
Joined: Apr 1st, 2007, 3:06 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

Next

Return to Canada

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests