38%
Donald Trump
62%

Total votes: 101

Omnitheo
Guru

Trump or Trudeau

Post by Omnitheo »

A meme was posted in another thread asking for Trump to be the Prime Minister of Canada. Ironically after Trump was elected, many in the US were calling for Trudeau to be president.

If you could choose between the two though, knowing what either has done -or failed to do- for either nation, which would you rather be Canada's Prime Minister?

What advantages would one have over the other?
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Trump or Trudeau

Post by Queen K »

I voted Trudeau.

I would not want a man who calls for the unlawful treatment of prisoners running Canada.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

there are no stupid questions !

neither

- but put this proven strong smart sexy beast in there ?...

Bibi.png

...absolutely without a doubt.
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

lol bibi wouldnt want be pm here , canada doesnt run a aparthied state :130:
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

Definitely neither... but I'd take a stalk of broccoli over Trudeau any day.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

It is a kin to asking which *bleep* would you like to eat. Both are unacceptable to be leaders. Trump though would be better for me financially so that would tip my decision ever so slightly to the gold skin celebrity. Also he is anti eco-terrorist and that also helps me financially.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Not really seeing many compelling arguments for Trump next to the votes he's gotten so far.

Here's a quick one from the low hanging fruit for Trudeau over Trump as a leader.

Trudeau: respects women who make up >50% of demographic

Trump: insults and objectifies women, grabs them by the *bleep*, and invites himself into pageant changing rooms.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

Omnitheo wrote:Not really seeing many compelling arguments for Trump next to the votes he's gotten so far.

The argument for Trump over Trudeau is pretty much the same as so many people used when voting for Trudeau last election. "He's not Harper."

A lot of people voted for Trump because he wasn't Hillary. A lot of people would vote for Trump, because he's not Trudeau.

It's a crazy notion, but sadly... one many of us are forced with because we are essentially only given 2 or 3 candidates and often times, they all suck
Btfsplck
Fledgling

Post by Btfsplck »

This is an impossible poll to answer. Both are terrible leaders that have no business being where they are.
It's sad reflection on the electorate in both Canada and the USA that they got elected. Both were elected on their star power rather than their intellect or abilities.
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

Post by HorganIsMyHero »

Btfsplck wrote:Both were elected on their star power rather than their intellect or abilities.

Born in Ottawa, Trudeau attended Collège Jean-de-Brébeuf and graduated from McGill University in 1994 and the University of British Columbia in 1998. He gained a high public profile in October 2000, when he delivered a eulogy at his father's state funeral.[5] After graduating, he worked as a teacher in Vancouver, British Columbia. He completed one year of an engineering program at Montreal's École Polytechnique before quitting in 2003. In 2005 he began a master's degree in environmental geography at McGill University but quit after one year. He used his public profile to advocate for various causes and acted in the 2007 TV miniseries The Great War.[6]

Eight years after his father's death, Trudeau entered politics. In the 2008 federal election, he was elected to represent the riding of Papineau in the House of Commons. In 2009, he was appointed the Liberal Party's critic for youth and multiculturalism, and the following year, became critic for citizenship and immigration. In 2011, he was appointed as critic for secondary education and youth and amateur sport. Trudeau won the leadership of the Liberal Party in April 2013 and went on to lead his party to victory in the 2015 federal election, moving the 3rd-placed Liberals from 36 seats to 184 seats, the largest-ever numerical increase by a party in a Canadian election.

Looks to me like Trudeau is well educated and had a pretty decent background in politics before becoming PM.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

HorganIsMyHero wrote:

Born in Ottawa, Trudeau attended Collège Jean-de-Brébeuf and graduated from McGill University in 1994 and the University of British Columbia in 1998. He gained a high public profile in October 2000, when he delivered a eulogy at his father's state funeral.[5] After graduating, he worked as a teacher in Vancouver, British Columbia. He completed one year of an engineering program at Montreal's École Polytechnique before quitting in 2003. In 2005 he began a master's degree in environmental geography at McGill University but quit after one year. He used his public profile to advocate for various causes and acted in the 2007 TV miniseries The Great War.[6]

Eight years after his father's death, Trudeau entered politics. In the 2008 federal election, he was elected to represent the riding of Papineau in the House of Commons. In 2009, he was appointed the Liberal Party's critic for youth and multiculturalism, and the following year, became critic for citizenship and immigration. In 2011, he was appointed as critic for secondary education and youth and amateur sport. Trudeau won the leadership of the Liberal Party in April 2013 and went on to lead his party to victory in the 2015 federal election, moving the 3rd-placed Liberals from 36 seats to 184 seats, the largest-ever numerical increase by a party in a Canadian election.

Looks to me like Trudeau is well educated and had a pretty decent background in politics before becoming PM.

Ha ha. For some reason I've never seen this. I know you weren't intending to make fun of him, but it's nice to see that he quits when things get tough or he loses interest.
Btfsplck
Fledgling

Post by Btfsplck »

HorganIsMyHero wrote:

You set the bar quite low if you think Trudeau is well educated. Drama teacher and snowboard instructor. Awesome!
He and the Liberal party are riding on his dad's coattails all the way, to suggest otherwise is disingenuous. Do you think he would be prime minister today if his name was Justin Templeton? If you answer yes, I would suggest you are blinded by a bit of his star power.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

fvkasm2x wrote:
The argument for Trump over Trudeau is pretty much the same as so many people used when voting for Trudeau last election. "He's not Harper."

A lot of people voted for Trump because he wasn't Hillary. A lot of people would vote for Trump, because he's not Trudeau.

It's a crazy notion, but sadly... one many of us are forced with because we are essentially only given 2 or 3 candidates and often times, they all suck

Which is an extremely irresponsible way to vote. People are voting based on misinformation against someone else, instead of the actual policies and merits of another.

Still nobody in this thread has posted a single merit for Trump.

I see Trump is now leading in the poll. Care to provide a reasonable argument why you feel that Donald Trump would make a better prime minister than Justin Trudeau?

Here's some more low hanging fruit to support Trudeau over Trump:

Trudeau: fills his cabinet with scientists and people with an appropriate resume in the fields that qualifies them to make informed policy decisions:

Trump: appoints lobbyists, family members, and other swamp monsters.
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

Post by HorganIsMyHero »

Btfsplck wrote:You set the bar quite low if you think Trudeau is well educated. Drama teacher and snowboard instructor. Awesome!

I'm not sure I comprehend your post. It takes at least 5 years of university education to become a teacher. Trudeau completed a BA in literature and then a subsequent degree in education to teach.

If 5 years of university education isn't good enough for you, how many years of education do you think PMs should have? 7? Is there a particular number or a particular degree you have in mind?
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

Omnitheo wrote:Which is an extremely irresponsible way to vote. People are voting based on misinformation against someone else, instead of the actual policies and merits of another.

But I suppose you're fine with Trudeau winning with a big help from that very thing?

I personally know dozens of people who voted for Trudeau because they were tired of Harper. It had nothing to do with him or his platform, it was just to get rid of Harper.

"Strategic voting" they called it.

That's fine though... but not if it's for someone against "your" guy?

Omnitheo wrote:Care to provide a reasonable argument why you feel that Donald Trump would make a better prime minister than Justin Trudeau?

You only gave us two options. You didn't allow us to vote "Neither" or for a different person. I've said repeatedly they both need to be as far away from politics as possible. They're both terrible. But If I have to choose one idiot over another idiot, I'd choose the idiot with terrible behavior I can predict and who has at least 1 policy I am on board with, instead of 0.

Return to “Canada”