38%
Donald Trump
62%

Total votes: 101

Nedroj
Übergod

Re: Trump or Trudeau

Post by Nedroj »

Buckeye19 wrote:I made half a dozen visits south of the border in 2017. Washington, Arizona, Hawaii, Tennessee and Colorado were a few of the states I was in for various lengths of time. Meeting and chatting with the people there, evidently, politics and their President came up. I was somewhat caught off guard by the consistent positive reviews from an overwhelming majority of people I heard from on Trump.

One of the most talked about things was how "real" he was. "Like no other politician before him" was something I heard on a regular basis. People don't seem to care about what he posts on Twitter because he is saying things that a lot of people are thinking.

People like to know they are being protected, they like to have jobs and they don't like paying taxes for stupid government ideas. Trump is providing all of these things and more. I would not be surprised when he wins a second term. People down there are tired of the classic Politician and that's exactly what Hillary was.

You are absolutely correct. Americans voted for trump for a few reasons one of which was that he does actually talk like an average american. He rude, crude, in your face and wont hold back anything, something that politicians have never done and it allowed them to relate with Trump on a personal level. Even though not everyone agrees with everything he says and does, you can still admire the guy for not being a typical Politician saying the typical Political non-sense.

The proof to my opinion is the voters themselves.
52% of white women voted for Trump
25% of Hispanic women voted for Trump
16% of non white women voted for Trump
45% of college educated women for Trump

So even after all the random crap Trump was caught saying during his campaign as well as having a female option, a large portion of Female voters still voted for him.

Income Level of Voters:
Under 30,000$ = 41% Trump / 53% Hillary
30-49,000$ = 42% Trump / 51% Hillary
50-99,000$ = 50% Trump / 46% Hillary
100-199,000$ = 48% Trump / 47% Hillary
200-249,00$ = 49% Trump / 48% Hillary
250,000$+ = 48% Trump / 46% Hillary

Besides the lower income people on average voting more so for Hillary, for everyone making more than 50,000$ the vote was split pretty evenly considering Trump is known for his "Businesses" One would think the higher income ones would be drastically leaning towards Trump while the lower ones would drastically lean towards Hillary.

Support for "The Wall"
Supported: 41% Total = 10% Hillary / 85% Trump
Opposed: 54% Total = 76% Hillary / 16% Trump

Support for The Wall wasnt as divided as one would think given that 10% of Hillary voters supported it while 16% of Trump voters opposed it.
'I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand' - Confucius
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Resurrecting this now that we have both leaders at odds with eachother.

Trudeau has spent his term in office trying (and succeeding) in improving relations between Canada and other nations across the globe, striking new trade deals, and working to get our products to market.

Trump on the other hand has alianated allies, broken trade agreements. Spent more effort on trying to be friendly with Russia and North Korea. Implemented policies to help Chinese jobs after they violated laws hurting Americans.

Given Canada’s situation, and reliance on the global economy and allies, who would you rather have as PM: Trump, or Trudeau?
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Leading up to the Ontario election, Doug Ford was on Trump's side. Why I'll never know. Now, less than a week after the election, he says he'll stand "shoulder to shoulder with Trudeau". Can you imagine Andrew Scheer being anywhere near as tough as Trudeau?

Be quick, Conservatives. You replaced a weak leader in Ontario with Doug Ford. Dump the weak and insecure Scheer and replace him with Ford. The nation cries out for strong leadership.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

I certainly wouldn’t expect Scheet to stand up to Trump the way Trudeau is now to Trump, or how Cretien did to Bush.

That said, this thread is specifically about who would act better in the interests of Canada should they be our Prime Minister. Trump, or Trudeau.

And why you might think so.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Only on a Castanet poll would one find a majority of Trump supporters. It doesn't surprise me though, considering how these people vote in provincial elections.
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

Trump is not acting in the best interest of his country, he’s acting in the best interest of himself. Why would you threaten to impose tariffs on an automobile industry that is owned by a US company, uses parts made in the US and whose stock is owned by a lot of Americans? On top of that, it will make those automobiles more expensive for all Americans to buy. Appease some automobile factory employees at the expensive of a whole lot more Americans. Makes no sense.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

goatboy wrote:Trump is not acting in the best interest of his country, he’s acting in the best interest of himself. Why would you threaten to impose tariffs on an automobile industry that is owned by a US company, uses parts made in the US and whose stock is owned by a lot of Americans? On top of that, it will make those automobiles more expensive for all Americans to buy. Appease some automobile factory employees at the expensive of a whole lot more Americans. Makes no sense.

Its exactly what Trudeau did. It is targeting liberal areas. Liberal voters. Eventually people will realize this
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Just arrived in Edmonton. Refreshing to overhear so many people siding with Trudeau and expressing disdain for Trump.

If there’s one thing Trump has accomplished, it is in uniting Canada against him.
StraitTalk
Lord of the Board

Post by StraitTalk »

This is officially my favourite poll on castanet ever.

38-30? Bahahaha it's like shooting fish in a barrel around here.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

StraitTalk wrote:This is officially my favourite poll on castanet ever.

38-30? Bahahaha it's like shooting fish in a barrel around here.

Those 38 votes came from Calgary.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

They didn’t need to. There are plenty here in kelowna who would happily see an authoritarian come in and start locking up children and destroying our international reputation.
christopher
Board Meister

Post by christopher »

Omnitheo wrote:They didn’t need to. There are plenty here in kelowna who would happily see an authoritarian come in and start locking up children and destroying our international reputation.

The current Canadian Government is doing a good job of that
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Care to provide sources for that?
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Bumping this thread to see if things have changed in the wake of the responses to the current crisis, among other things.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Omnitheo wrote:Bumping this thread to see if things have changed in the wake of the responses to the current crisis, among other things.

Yup - JT is an even bigger weakling and even dumber than everyone thought. Go back into your cottage spineless! Does anyone know if he's heading up to Harrington Lake this weekend? Or was the Easter photo-op enough to let us all know that he and Sophie are still "married"?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson

Return to “Canada”