38%
Donald Trump
62%

Total votes: 101

ferri
Forum Administrator

Re: Trump or Trudeau

Post by ferri »

:-X I'm seeing a few people making this personal. Stop now unless you want to go on the queue.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

Post by HorganIsMyHero »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Then you posted a video where Trump said: "If Ivanka weren't my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her". So he made a joke that he would go on a date with her, IF she wasn't his daughter. You totally misrepresented what Trump said, and you now just keep digging yourself even deeper. So sad.

He said dating as in a progression of dates not a single date. Please stop misrepresenting his words. His words can be be argued over for years and picked apart. It doesn't change the fact that he's gross, says wildly inappropriate things about many people including his family, and is not fit to be any sort of leader in any capacity.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

About the only benefit I could see of having Trump as PM would be that his hands would be far out of reach of the nuclear button.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Omnitheo wrote:About the only benefit I could see of having Trump as PM would be that his hands would be far out of reach of the nuclear button.

and Trudeau wouldn't be PM, another huge benefit.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Just looked at the poll results and at this time it's a 50/50 dead heat.

This completely baffles me.

But then again I am completely baffable at times. :up:

As much as I have no time for JT I would never want The Donald, and his groupies tainting our country.

JT, IMHO, would never do the damage to Canada or the World that Trump could, he's too busy looking pretty

and trying to ensure his place in history as the Canadian Dreamboat PM.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

I can sympathize Barney, but it might just be a matter of kids being kids. Although, I suppose some people would prefer we isolate ourselves from the global community while further inspiring divisiveness and hate among the various groups in our own population. Maybe they would prefer that, rather than taking selfies, Trudeau would conduct the business of government via tweeter as well. And science? Well we know Stephen Harper wasn’t a big fan of science either. Hey, maybe they think we could get a bunch of coal-burning plants going up here too! Add some color to our snow come winter.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Baffles me too Barney

Considering how vocal Trudeau's critics have been of his vacations (I was really hoping to find a talley somewhere adding all the expenses up)

Donald Trump's mar a lago trips in just his first 100 days cost taxpayers over 20 million dollars.

You could add up all of Trudeau's expenses and the Khadr settlement and it still wouldn't come close to how much the US president charges his citizens so he can play golf every weekend.

And mind you that's 100 days. Not a year and a half. I really don't think our tax system could handle the burden that would be 4 years of Donald Trump.

Taxpayer money to charities and developing countries: Bad
Equivalent taxpayer money to Trump's personal vacations: Just fine.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Omnitheo wrote:
Donald Trump's mar a lago trips in just his first 100 days cost taxpayers over 20 million dollars.

more fake news. What else is new.

However, I can agree, I would never want Trump representing our country. I didn't vote in the poll, but if I HAD to choose, my finger would shakingly point my mouse at Trudeau, as much as it would make me ill to do so.
Last edited by ferri on Aug 12th, 2017, 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: bait removed.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

Post by HorganIsMyHero »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Omnitheo wrote:

more fake news. What else is new.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-trips-mar-a-lago-cost-taxpayer-money-barack-obama-a7708666.html

http://www.ibtimes.com/trumps-first-100-days-vacation-costs-presidents-mar-lago-trips-outpace-obamas-travel-2528715
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

I suppose most people are aware of what happened in Virginia today. I guess that is what those here on this thread who chose Trump as their choice for Prime Minister would like to see in the streets of Kelowna. After all, when David Duke (leader of the KKK) was interviewed he was quoted as saying “This is what we voted for” (not fake news). Disgusting. If only there was some way of rounding up all these Canadian Trump supporters and kicking them out of our country. Xenophobic hatred is not what most Canadians vote for and people who would promote agendas of divisiveness and populism need to be isolated themselves and exposed and removed before they can spread their poisonous views. These are dark and ugly times for the United States. God help us that we have broken people among us who would wish the same for our country.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Ka-El wrote: If only there was some way of rounding up all these Canadian Trump supporters and kicking them out of our country. Xenophobic hatred is not what most Canadians vote for and people who would promote agendas of divisiveness and populism need to be isolated themselves and exposed and removed before they can spread their poisonous views. These are dark and ugly times for the United States. God help us that we have broken people among us who would wish the same for our country.

this seems a bit extreme. If only there was a way to kick out all of the uber-sanctimonious blatherers who consistently misrepresent reality and overstate the situation due to their own personal confirmation bias. Take a chill pill dude.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Take a chill pill dude.

What’s extreme is people actually wishing we could have Trump as Prime Minister instead of Trudeau (unless, as already proposed, this is just a matter of child minds engaging in crude and unsophisticated partisan argument). You can continue to pretend and make excuses for this sort of crap all you choose. I’ll take the "uber-sanctimonious blatherers" over those who would embrace and promote division and xenophobic hatred any day. They are far less dangerous.
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

Post by HorganIsMyHero »

The Green Barbarian wrote:yawn. More fake news from the liberal media echo chamber.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... lago-cost/

I don't really care about the exact figure and I wasn't the poster who brought up the costs. if you bothered to read the second link i posted it questions the $20 million figure and says it probably isn't accurate but that the trips were still very expensive.

Your own link says the same thing. Did you read it? Here's a quote:

No doubt, a presidential trip out of Washington is expensive. It's reasonable to assume that Trump's multiple weekends at Mar-a-Lago cost taxpayers millions.

The Green Barbarian wrote:now tell us how Trump said he wants to have sex with his daughter, and fail to back that up too. Lies and more lies.

I never made this statement and at this point I feel like you're just baiting me by changing my words and continually attacking me by calling me a liar. I have no interest in fighting with you. Best of luck with worshipping Trump.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Ka-El wrote: You can continue to pretend and make excuses for this sort of crap all you choose.

Where have I done that? I haven't excused anyone. I also think that some people here need to calm down, as they are going to do themselves some serious damage to their health.

I’ll take the "uber-sanctimonious blatherers" over those who would embrace and promote division and xenophobic hatred any day. They are far less dangerous.

are they though? Really? There seems to be a lot more uber-sanctimonious blathers bent on completely misrepresenting reality and out-right lying then there are those who would "embrace and promote division and xenophobic hatred", whatever the hell that even means. When I see someone deliberately misrepresenting what Trump said about his daughter, purposely to mislead for a political agenda, is that person also "promoting division"? And hatred? Yet because it's your shared hatred, it's seems to be ok. Well it's not ok with me.

Return to “Canada”