maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Sheer looks to empower anti abortionists

Post by maryjane48 »

jimmy4321
Guru

Re: Sheer looks to empower anti abortionists

Post by jimmy4321 »

He's falling into a trap, he won't be the next PM making that kind of noise.

He better learn the old Bait & Switch
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

There are enough Universities banning and wrongly blocking speakers etc on a regular basis. No need to use the dumb ones that weren't actually blocked as a corner stone argument.

Seems foolish. It is a slanted op-ed though and should be taken as a grain of salt as it will be part of the "slander the new guy as much as possible" campaign that the far left thinks helps, but we shall see how Sheer progresses and we will know if the Cons are dead, or reviving. Time will tell.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

The article states that Scheer was elected by the party by the social conservatives. True enough. But a large part of his support came from the anti-Quebec crowd in Canada who have existed since the nation's founding and before. Electing Mulroney was once thing. He was anglo. But Bernier? That would be an insult to their ingrained anti Catholic, anti-Riel, conscription crisis, and anti-Trudeau biases.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Andy Scheer - he's just not ready
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Ka-El wrote:Andy Scheer - he's just not ready

My mother says his dimples are
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

He's appearing in McDonalds commercials for "Seriously Chicken" I saw a short one (I'll have to find it later to post it) where his co-star compares the fast food chicken sandwich to a "seriously good looking prime minister". Pretty sure Scheer is not a prime minister.

Do people think he looks that good though? Was that why he was chosen? Cons still under the impression Trudeau was elected just for his looks? That's the case cons are in for another shocker. I wonder if the kid will steal his policies from The Simpsons the way he stole his press dinner jokes.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Omnitheo wrote: Pretty sure Scheer is not a prime minister.

Well yeah, it's not 2019 yet.

Cons still under the impression Trudeau was elected just for his looks? .[/quote]

well as he's proven in spades, Trudeau wasn't elected for his brains, that's for sure.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Omnitheo wrote:Pretty sure Scheer is not a prime minister.

The Green Barbarian wrote:Well yeah, it's not 2019 yet.

Omnitheo wrote:Cons still under the impression Trudeau was elected just for his looks? .

The Green Barbarian wrote:well as he's proven in spades, Trudeau wasn't elected for his brains, that's for sure.

Lets look back:
2011 anyone but Ignatieff, so the voters pick Jack
2015 anyone but Harper, so the voters pick Justin
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Canada”