Toronto cops hearing put off

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Toronto cops hearing put off

Post by maryjane48 »

http://globalnews.ca/news/3670483/offic ... e-hearing/
i was at hospital yesterday get some xrays and a guy was there also for xrays and his daughter had down syndrome . i could see the proudness in his face when he talked to her and i cant imagine what he would think if it was his daughter being mocked
whitecandle
Board Meister

Re: Toronto cops hearing put off

Post by whitecandle »

From the article ... Const. Sasa Sljivo and Const. Matthew Saris made a brief appearance at a police tribunal before their case was adjourned to Sept. 19, though they did not say how they were pleading, nor were the Police Services Act charges against them read out.

Most if not all first appearances are adjourned to another date to give both sides time to prepare. They made their first appearance on August 15th - case was adjourned to September 19th. Question is, why are you singling out police officers and not anyone else who gets their first appearance adjourned?
Remember yesterday. Dream tomorrow. Live like crazy today.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

because i want to see the police treat bad cops the way they treat a non cop for diong same things . i have lots more unfortuantly so dont read my posts . choice is yours :130: .
whitecandle
Board Meister

Post by whitecandle »

You want to see police officers treated the same as civilians? Looks like that is exactly what happened when their case was adjourned. Standard procedure whether it's a police officer, lawyer, or civilian.
Remember yesterday. Dream tomorrow. Live like crazy today.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

nice try at putting words in my mouth . play the ball not the person . i want to see no pay for cops facing a court case . just like the rest of us would . or be forced to go on ei or what ever . i would like to see when cops are convicted that the head of that detachment make a public announcment of how they wont stand for criminal actions by their members .
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

maryjane48 wrote:nice try at putting words in my mouth . play the ball not the person . i want to see no pay for cops facing a court case . just like the rest of us would . or be forced to go on ei or what ever . i would like to see when cops are convicted that the head of that detachment make a public announcment of how they wont stand for criminal actions by their members .

What should happen?

I think a cop should they be found guilty should have to pay the salary back, however until that time their life shouldn't be ruined by taking support away before guilt. Retroactive debt is fine I think in this profession as it requires a public commitment different than others. (I'd add firemen as well)

You desire guilt and penalty before any actual evidence. I hate crooked cops. You've posted stories that are gross about what they have done and I agree, but you try to lynch those that are speculative as well. Pick the battle is best, to me at least.

The fact this hearing ran as most others isn't some scam or fault. They are coming to their day to win or be punished. That day matters and should it be true, what turds....seriously. Even when I find a place to accept a bad joke their accused act isn't anywhere near a hope of a chance of that........should it be true.

and should it be true, they should be tossed......that isn't the qualities we want serving the people.

Return to “Canada”