The Rebel’s steady spiral downwards

Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

The Rebel Media’s sympathetic coverage of the white nationalist protest in Charlottesville, Va.,—correspondent Faith Goldy repeatedly calls marchers on that side “patriots,” as many of them called themselves—was finally what pushed Rebel co-founder Brian Lilley to break with the activism-media outlet.

The Rebel had become increasingly toxic in mainstream Canadian discourse, and the target of a campaign for companies to pull ads from its website. The latest bit of chumminess with overt racists at a violent and deadly rally also prompted Conservatives to urge colleagues disavow them, from MP Michael Chong to Alberta conservative leadership candidate Doug Schweitzer.

But the attrition from within was something different; after Lilley, occasional contributors Barbara Kay and John Robson bolted Tuesday.

More …
http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/th ... &ocid=iehp
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: The Rebel’s steady spiral downwards

Post by maryjane48 »

glad you brought this up again like i did. my question is who on the right besides lilly rempel and few other will disinvow themselves from the rebel and right . infact i think the right should be declared a terrorist organisation. they have proven themselfs that . and faith goldy should be on her way to jail .
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Haven't seen much Rebel stuff lately but I did find Brian Lilley to be a good commentator, seems a smart move if the Rebel is going for extremes.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Rebel Media meltdown: …

Rebel Media, the far-right news organization that Ezra Levant built from the remnants of the Sun News Network, appeared in near total meltdown on Thursday, losing more high-profile contributors, facing accusations of financial mismanagement and being shunned by leading conservative politicians as the shock of the Charlottesville neo-Nazi protests reverberated through Canada.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/re ... &ocid=iehp
LiamHaddock
Übergod

Post by LiamHaddock »

"This site can’t be reached

therebel.media’s server DNS address could not be found.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN"

I dunno if its just me but I can't seem to get the rebel to load!
Where am I going to get my right wing propaganda from now?
lol in all fairness I found the rebel informative as it showed me why/how some of the right wing lunitics think and was always good to chuckle and go "*bleep* thats one way to spin bs lol"
Oh well atleast we have the castanet forums still to follow and watch our local regular "characters/posters" with their predictible hard line stances on both sides of political spectrum go back and forth. Every day the threads give me some ammusment even if Im just sitting back and watching the others go back and forth endlessly!

:130:
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

ezra explains why he booted faith goldy
LiamHaddock
Übergod

Post by LiamHaddock »

this was interesting to watch! very enlightening on how the rebel operates and could explain why the website is down today/at the moment.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

http://www.theprovince.com/news/nationa ... story.html

ezra exposed as a snake oil shyster .

it was so clear to some of us that ezra was a charector a facade . a actor and now not only is that confirmed he also is scam artist
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

http://globalnews.ca/news/3680438/a-fig ... ntroversy/

more truths coming out in regards to the racist rebel
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

I've been saying this as long as The Rebel existed.

Remember this thread?
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=73522&p=2212493&hilit=Rebel#p2211510
I hope none of you got suckered into this one.

Hopefully these donations do go to the advertsised destination in their entirety and aren't used in anyway to pay off Ezra's lawsuits.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=71711&hilit=Rebel&start=15
f/22 wrote:

I think shows how Ezra is truly a sweet person dedicated to freedom of speech.

And I totally support Dr. Jordan Peterson’s views to the tune of twenty bucks, as well as wish him well.

Yikes. Sorry about your $20

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=70502&hilit=Rebel
Any of you guys donate for Ezra's appeal?
Boy that's a fun thread too

I was gonna keep going back further too, but honestly there are dozens of threads involving The Rebel and even more linked videos. I see frequent posters vehemently defend Ezra in many of these, yet they are strangely quiet on threads like this.

Where you at Rebels?
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Omnitheo wrote: Where you at Rebels?

At least one has been working very hard of late at destroying his own credibility :smt045
I see what you did

Post by I see what you did »

good riddance to bad rubbish

Return to “Canada”