Man caught trying to carry gun onto plane...

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Man caught trying to carry gun onto plane...

Post by the truth »

a muslim male trying to bring a gun on a plane, no reason for concern here :200:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

ya, I wouldn't have been worried at all if he was white :200:
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Do not start bickering! *Loads the queue...*
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

vegas1500 wrote:Not sure, as a restricted gun owner the laws around transport are very specific. May be wrong but I believe this would be a felony. I hope they throw the book at him.

Would certainly make news if he's charged with a fellony since there's no such thing in Canada. (Sorry I could'nt help myself)

It will be very interesting how this person is handled by the courts. Considering the screeners think it's a big deal to find granny with a nail file.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

The fact the weapon was unloaded does in no way mitigate the seriousness of the offense committed by this idiot. The man should have the book thrown at him for every offense committed in relation to the acquisition, possession and attempt to bring it aboard an aircraft. Nobody should be sympathetic to this man's circumstances, regardless of his motivation for doing what he did. Even the dumbest people in our midst know better than to do what he did. And I agree with those who say that deportation to his country of origin ought to be a consideration for people who commit serious crimes. Our country and Canadians have extended a welcoming hand and when someone demonstrates this kind of behavior.... out they go.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

yup :up:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Ka-El wrote:ya, I wouldn't have been worried at all if he was white :200:

If he were white, he would have been John McLean and would have saved the day.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Treblehook wrote:The fact the weapon was unloaded does in no way mitigate the seriousness of the offense committed by this idiot. The man should have the book thrown at him for every offense committed in relation to the acquisition, possession and attempt to bring it aboard an aircraft. Nobody should be sympathetic to this man's circumstances, regardless of his motivation for doing what he did. Even the dumbest people in our midst know better than to do what he did. And I agree with those who say that deportation to his country of origin ought to be a consideration for people who commit serious crimes. Our country and Canadians have extended a welcoming hand and when someone demonstrates this kind of behavior.... out they go.

tries it the first time with an unloaded gun, if he gets away with it, tries it again with a loaded gun the next time

that simple
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Yup. An unloaded gun can always be loaded, helped by someone else who smuggles some bullets in a carry on handle or something.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

the truth wrote:
Treblehook wrote:The fact the weapon was unloaded does in no way mitigate the seriousness of the offense committed by this idiot. The man should have the book thrown at him for every offense committed in relation to the acquisition, possession and attempt to bring it aboard an aircraft. Nobody should be sympathetic to this man's circumstances, regardless of his motivation for doing what he did. Even the dumbest people in our midst know better than to do what he did. And I agree with those who say that deportation to his country of origin ought to be a consideration for people who commit serious crimes. Our country and Canadians have extended a welcoming hand and when someone demonstrates this kind of behavior.... out they go.

tries it the first time with an unloaded gun, if he gets away with it, tries it again with a loaded gun the next time

that simple

Makes no sense^^ why load if he got away with it. What' makes even less sense? Using an unloaded weapon. That's like bringing a knife to a gun fight
This post was brought to you, by, the letter F, Q and the number 8
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

He's implying it was a trial run. Very common to try it and if it works try it for real. We might never know for sure but he certainly should be deported.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

Smurf wrote:He's implying it was a trial run. Very common to try it and if it works try it for real. We might never know for sure but he certainly should be deported.

Trial run? He's just testing to see if he can get away with it?
It's Damn hard to do the real thing from behind bars.

What am I missing?
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

All we know from this article is a man transported a restricted weapon in a carry on bag with no ammunition. An idiot apparently.

Yet posters are calling for deportation with no facts.

Cart before the horse. Scaredy cat's. And people wonder why I don't follow the lemmings. Jeebus.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

Two points: Anyone who is not afraid of a gun being pointed at them, minus confirmation that it is actually loaded, is a fool. Therein lies the critical danger of someone possessing a gun on an aircraft... loaded or not! In Canada you must possess a permit to convey, which normally stipulates the time and purpose for which the firearm is being possessed. I can't imagine anyone in authority issuing a permit to convey to someone indicating they were going to fly to another Canadian city. Second point is that when suggesting the individual should be deported is of course contingent upon his being convicted of the offense.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Treblehook wrote: ... when suggesting the individual should be deported is of course contingent upon his being convicted of the offense.

:135: But he's Muslim? Do we really need to wait for that? Where's Sheriff Joe?

Return to “Canada”