On track for $28.5B deficit

squash junky
Fledgling

On track for $28.5B deficit

Post by squash junky »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#205070
this means an extra 1.5 billion in interest that is not going to health care, law enforcement, education, you name it. Better yet there is about 65 billion going to interest payments. Imagine what we could do with that?

Instead of bitching at J T (no, he wasn't my first choice) we should look at the system.
The people have no control or power after an election
we have a choice of 3 evils and choose for ourselves iso for Canada.
The winning pm makes an unlimited budget after elected iso having to present a budget before election with actual consequences for not keeping to it. (that would take care of a couple of campaign promises)
Nobody is accountable and all seem to lie, or present half truths or whatever you call it.
A governor general that is chosen by the opposition iso the pm
etc etc.
RUEZ
Fledgling

Re: On track for $28.5B deficit

Post by RUEZ »

Thank you liberal voters for screwing us.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Yeah darned democracy.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

RUEZ wrote:Thank you liberal voters for screwing us.

Yeah, no accountability from conservative supporters for why the Harper government was so decidedly removed from power this last election. There is not much doubt Trudeau has turned out to be a bit of a disappointment (he was elected largely on a mandate to invest in infrastructure development in Canada), and he will one day likely be voted out of power as well.

Not by Andy Scheer though. He’s just not ready.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

So true about being disappointed with the deficit as high as it is. Justin get it under control or spend it on something that we can see, not fluff.
Didn't vote for him though as I had to vote stragigically in Penticton.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

I voted NDP. They didn't run on a platform of deficit spending
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

I would have supported deficit spending if it went to much-needed infrastructure repair and development
– creating thousands of jobs, spurring economic activity and growth, etc. I thought that was the plan.
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

squash junky wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-205070-4-.htm#205070
this means an extra 1.5 billion in interest that is not going to health care, law enforcement, education, you name it. Better yet there is about 65 billion going to interest payments. Imagine what we could do with that?

Instead of bitching at J T (no, he wasn't my first choice) we should look at the system.
we have a choice of 3 evils and choose for ourselves iso for Canada.
The winning pm makes an unlimited budget after elected iso having to present a budget before election with actual consequences for not keeping to it. (that would take care of a couple of campaign promises)
Nobody is accountable and all seem to lie, or present half truths or whatever you call it.
A governor general that is chosen by the opposition iso the pm
etc etc.

In Search Of? You lost me. Please clarify what you're actually trying to point out. It's nonsense at this point.
This post was brought to you, by, the letter F, Q and the number 8
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 26th, 2017, 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

"Instead of bitching at J T (no, he wasn't my first choice) we should look at the system.
we have a choice of 3 evils and choose for ourselves iso for Canada."

Aside from my being anal.

What the #### is wrong with our system that we have to choose between who is worst to lead us?!?

The only reason this Is the case is because the voting public are f :cuss: ing idiots.

And I'm expected by them to abide by their idiocy.

:cuss: you idiots. I'll live how I want, when I want, despite this bs.

If one hasn't noticed. It's dog eat dog in this world. I accept in this world covenant rights, don't agree with that? There's a big lake in this valley to jump into.

Idiots.
Not at the person quoted

Return to “Canada”