Buddha of the Board

Who is hiring the most in Canada

Post by maryjane48 »

seewood
Guru

Re: Who is hiring the most in Canada

Post by seewood »

Even I could have told you that.

More baristas with liberal arts, geography, anthropology...degrees and high debt. Difficult to pay those tuition fees off on tips..
Qualifier though, plenty have made it while working for tips....

I remember reading somewhere Switzerland's universities limit those that go into the arts.
Nothing wrong with the arts, I just have a difficult time when they ask for handouts/grants to pay their wages. Should be self supporting me thinks.
OK back on topic now....
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

seewood wrote:Even I could have told you that.

More baristas with liberal arts, geography, anthropology...degrees and high debt. Difficult to pay those tuition fees off on tips..
Qualifier though, plenty have made it while working for tips....

I remember reading somewhere Switzerland's universities limit those that go into the arts.
Nothing wrong with the arts, I just have a difficult time when they ask for handouts/grants to pay their wages. Should be self supporting me thinks.
OK back on topic now....

Thats what happens when you live in a society that coddles their young into believing being a free spirit is OK instead of preparing them for a successful and financially stable future.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

seewood wrote:More baristas with liberal arts, geography, anthropology...degrees and high debt..

I don't generally talk to these folks too much.

But when I do I usually say...I'll have a Big Mac with no onions. :biggrin:
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

seewood wrote: More baristas with liberal arts, geography, anthropology...degrees and high debt. Difficult to pay those tuition fees off on tips...

Newsflash: anyone with a Liberal Arts Degree in geography, anthropology, psychology, sociology, history, political science, economics, etc. still working as a barista, would not have been any farther ahead with some sort of business degree. People with degrees in accounting work for people with Liberal Arts Degrees. Our former PM was a Liberal Arts graduate.

seewood wrote: Qualifier though, plenty have made it while working for tips.....

:smt045 and no student debt

Return to “Canada”