Really? Canada Isn't Ready For Pot?

Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Really? Canada Isn't Ready For Pot?

Post by Smurf »

Maryjane48 in the "site C " topic you wrote the following.

maryjane48 wrote:

your not a expert on electrical generation as is any of your gang of bclib supporters . you are in no position to even comment short of talking points .

Based on your standards do you believe you are qualified " to even comment short of talking points " on this "pot" subject? Based on your standards, please explain what your qualifications are.

Actually based on the standards you seem to present I doubt many of us on here would be able to comment or talk on this or most other subjects.

What do you think, are you qualified to talk on pot? Do you think I am?
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Municipalities in British Columbia are clamoring to have a say in the marijuana policies they believe will fall largely on their shoulders to enforce when pot becomes legal next summer.

Vancouver Coun. Kerry Jang, who is also the city's point person on marijuana, said municipalities have largely been ignored by the federal government, which has so far taken a "father-knows-best approach."

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/207383 ... bby-on-pot
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

the topic isnt if im qualifed or you are . play the ball not the person . facts are making weed legal isnt rocket science and instead of crying about its time for canada to right a 100 year wrong. its that simple .
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Ready? We've been more than ready for years. The protests from the odd mayor and councilor are just rank and file Conservative hacks showing off their party loyalty. Either that or they are trying to shut down the shops that are opening early so that the shops can be opened by the "right" people at the right time after showing the proper "respect". Next July will come, there will be parties, and life will go on. Some of us will be happy and some of the cranks will remain cranky. Most of the profits will be funneled into the right pockets.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

You can always find a reason not to do anything, without a deadline it'll be another 20yrs of BS.
I think the noise from most is about "whats in it for me?" while knowing how determined this government is for legalization, everyone wants the tax money but no one wants to take the heat by going on record.
It'll play out like the GST - demonized during campaigns, but love the revenue.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

steve mc
Fledgling

Post by steve mc »

feed all studies reports and data into computer and except the results its the most logical intelligent solution
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

So provinces complain that the federal government is passing the buck onto them for how to deal with legalization.
Meanwhile municipalities are complaining that the federal government is being too heavy handed.

Somehow I feel if the federal government asked cities to come up with plans they’d complain that the responsibility was being passed onto them, and if the federal government just came up with a nationwide policy the provinces would complain that they didn’t have enough input or control,

Either way, however this was done, people would complain it wasn’t being done the other way. Maybe the cities can work with the provinces to come up with a plan, and take into consideration that this is happening either way, and they need to suck it up and make a plan.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Premier John Horgan used Tuesday's first ministers meeting to stress the importance of getting the price right for legalized pot. Horgan said on his way into the meeting in Ottawa that it's important to get the price point correct so the black market does not thrive.

He also said he's confident next July's deadline for the legalization of recreational marijuana is achievable, adding he might be proven wrong as he gains more experience in government.

Horgan said he thinks the retail infrastructure is already in place for the sale of the drug in B.C., where there are already a number of marijuana dispensaries.

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/208298 ... ce-for-pot

At least we are on the right track on this matter here in BC
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

The Premiers and the Prime MInister are meeting and discussing how to tax weed. They are concerned that they set the selling point high enough to get meaningful money out of it, yet not so high that it allows crime to continue in the market. Well, part of the legalization will allow each person, or maybe household, to have up to 4 plants. I think that a lot of people won't go and buy their weed, they'll just grow their own. A good sized plant can produce enough to last for a long, long time.
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

Around and around we go on this issue.

It will be legal and it will happen next year. What the general public is concerned about is the safety on their roads and highways with respect to marijuana use.

There has to be clear guidelines set up in each province WELL BEFOREHAND to allow the public to understand the new policies.

You can't say on June 30th its illegal and July 1st its illegal and voila!

Take any new provincial traffic law for example. Recent changes in BC with respect to cell phone laws were presented to the public over and over well in advance of its release. Zero changes to the public behavior. In fact based on the videos and news reports over the past few years people still don't know its wrong to hold your phone in your hands. (Don't hold your phone in your hands)

I'm happy that the people that use it will have the opportunity to get it legally but understand that there will be consequences with any new policy whether its in the near future with respect to impaired driving, or way in the future in the hospitals with any possible lung diseases or sicknesses. (I already feel the people that support Pot to attack me on this point)

Buckle up its going to be quite the ride over the next few months.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

cars will be self driving soon. relax and chill :130:
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Of course, there will be a bunch of stupid kids who get ahold of some weed and crash mom and dad's car, maybe even killing somebody. It's been going on with alcohol for about a hundred years. There are laws and breakers of the law will face consequences.

Concerned about the cost of weed? You can have up to 4 plants in your house. The trick might be stopping the dog and the cat from eating the leaves.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

bob vernon wrote:Of course, there will be a bunch of stupid kids who get ahold of some weed and crash mom and dad's car, maybe even killing somebody. It's been going on with alcohol for about a hundred years. There are laws and breakers of the law will face consequences.

Yes this will be a problem, and yes I think the governments need to get off their butts and get the right items written up before it's legal. There will be some deaths for sure same as alcohol, but apparently people should just "relax and chill" when some loved ones die.

I would like them to get the laws worked out better than they have for distracted driving, why drinking and driving is still seen as "so evil" but distracted driving is killing more people yet the punishments are a tiny fraction comparably is beyond me.

I would like to see something stiff out of the gate, but feel we will get a far far less for enforcement.

There is also the fact that many people already drive often impaired by pot and there simply isn't much happening to catch then while it's illegal, so what more will really change? Time will tell, I hope for the legalisation to happen well, but let's be honest.....governments are involved.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

bob vernon wrote:Of course, there will be a bunch of stupid kids who get ahold of some weed and crash mom and dad's car, maybe even killing somebody. It's been going on with alcohol for about a hundred years. There are laws and breakers of the law will face consequences.

Unfortunately over the years i can't count how many times i see people drive to the far end of parking lots, dog parks, ball fields etc to smoke weed. Can't imagine legalization will increase it.

Return to “Canada”