First Nations should give up Status Cards

Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: First Nations should give up Status Cards

Post by Rider59 »

Ka-El wrote:
Ka-El wrote: It's funny how people with the least knowledge of an issue often have the strongest opinions on it.

For example, ...

Rwede wrote: You're inferring that those leftists are less educated than those who strive for equality and fair treatment for all?

The really sad thing is there is no excuse for such ignorance in this day and age of internet access. I am grateful that our First Nations history and current issues are going to be taught in our high schools so our next generation is not as naive. Typically, the more educated a person is the less likely they will have racist ideas.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=74088

I hope this 'new' education includes the full story on how the FN treated each other.

"quantitative body counts—such as the proportion of prehistoric skeletons with ax marks and embedded arrowheads or the proportion of men in a contemporary foraging tribe who die at the hands of other men—suggest that pre-state societies were far more violent than our own."

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/cr ... showed-up/
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Rider59 wrote: I hope this 'new' education includes the full story on how the FN treated each other.

Me too, and whatever other deflection strategies they can come up with so we can all continue to avoid addressing these issues in any constructive or reconciliatory manner. With all the information that is so readily available regarding more relevant (relevant to treaty talks and reconciliation) history and current issues and circumstance, I can appreciate the inclination of many to want to ignore all that and hold on to their preconceived notions. Finding irrelevant stuff (irrelevant to ongoing treaty talks and plans for moving forward) like you have provided can be very helpful in that regard.
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

Ka-El wrote:
Rider59 wrote: I hope this 'new' education includes the full story on how the FN treated each other.

Me too, and whatever other deflection strategies they can come up with so we can all continue to avoid addressing these issues in any constructive or reconciliatory manner. With all the information that is so readily available regarding more relevant (relevant to treaty talks and reconciliation) history and current issues and circumstance, I can appreciate the inclination of many to want to ignore all that and hold on to their preconceived notions. Finding irrelevant stuff (irrelevant to ongoing treaty talks and plans for moving forward) like you have provided can be very helpful in that regard.

I see your reading comprehension is as strong as your reasoning skills. Were did I comment on treaty talks? I was commenting on this revised history education you so strongly support. So, in that context, teaching the full history of FN is very relevant.

Talk about deflection. LOL
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

how they treated each other has zero to do with the govt of canada relationship with first nations. the only reason you bring that up is to try and project your hate on them . how did europeans treat each other in ww2 ? how did americans treat blacks ? irish ? how did catholics treat folks during inqusition ?

how ever it was it is their history . not yours not canadas. Off topic
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Sep 21st, 2017, 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: baiting/ personal attack
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

maryjane48 wrote:how they treated each other has zero to do with the govt of canada relationship with first nations. the only reason you bring that up is to try and project your hate on them . how did europeans treat each other in ww2 ? how did americans treat blacks ? irish ? how did catholics treat folks during inqusition ?

how ever it was it is their history . not yours not canadas. Off topic

One more time. I was commenting on the education of the FN history to be taught in the public school system.

So, the complete history of the FNs has nothing to do with the history of the FNs? Gotcha.

BTW, the the atrocities conducted by the 'white man' is and has been fully documented, why not the FN's history.

Return to “Canada”