Trudeau Face Consequences.

Trudeau Face Consequences.

Postby Ken7 » Sep 19th, 2017, 5:02 pm

If found guilty, Trudeau could face consequences for his Bahamas vacation
Benjamin Diaz — September 19, 2017 add comment

Justin Trudeau’s family Christmas vacation to the Bahamas in 2016 could be career ending consequences for the Prime Minister.

Trudeau is being investigated by the House of Commons Conflict of Interest and Ethics Commissioner, Mary Dawson for his trip to the Aga Khan private island in the Bahamas and using Khan’s private helicopter to get there.

If found guilty, Trudeau could be the first Prime Minister to break federal law.

The Aga Khan Foundation receives millions of dollars from the federal government every year triggering the investigation on the Prime Minister.

In the rule of ethnics Trudeau is to decline hospitality from the foundations founder, Aga Khan.

The opposition continues to grill Trudeau on his vacation and for using taxpayers money for some parts of the vacation, including food and drinks.

The investigation has been ongoing for 10 months and no conclusions have been made by Ethics Commissioner Mary Dawson, if found guilty Trudeau would probably just receive a slap on the wrist, but his reputation could mean career ending and giving up the position as Prime Minister of Canada.

Justin Trudeau tried to hide the cost and expenses from the media, but they picked it up shortly after he returned from the vacation, the expenses turned out to be much higher months later when CBC requested the financials under the Access to Information Act, over $80,000 more than originally disclosed to the Parliament.
Ken7
Guru

Liked in: 2135 posts

Re: Trudeau Face Consequences.

Postby Ken7 » Sep 19th, 2017, 5:03 pm

I read this report, I will wait to see what happens, I actually think like TRUMP would say Fake news. One can only hope!
Ken7
Guru

Re: Trudeau Face Consequences

Postby Catsumi » Sep 19th, 2017, 6:08 pm

Last I heard it cost close to $300,000.00 for his vacation where he gifted millions of Canadian taxpayers money to Kahn, who is described as a philanthropist.

I thought philanthropists gave away their OWN money, not someone elses.

This shameful boondoggle rankles right up there with payout to terrorist.

What have we done to wind up with this sorry-a :cuss: excuse of a leader.?

:swear: :swear: :swear:
nothing wrong with being open minded as long as your brains don't fall out.

3 people like this post.
Catsumi
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 810 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Sep 19th, 2017, 9:06 pm

Ken7 wrote:
In the rule of ethnics Trudeau is to decline hospitality from the foundations founder, Aga Khan.

This made me laugh.
3.7 cents kwh in alberta is a lie. The science is settled - wind turbines suck.

Not all leftists are stupid, but most stupid people are leftists.

2 people like this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 12209 posts

Postby Omnitheo » Sep 19th, 2017, 10:17 pm

Catsumi wrote:Last I heard it cost close to $300,000.00 for his vacation where he gifted millions of Canadian taxpayers money to Kahn, who is described as a philanthropist.

Pretty sure he donated to the Khan's foundation. Just like Harper did before him.
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.thestar ... nture.html
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau
Omnitheo
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2450 posts

Postby Catsumi » Sep 20th, 2017, 12:02 pm

Omnitheo wrote:
Catsumi wrote:Last I heard it cost close to $300,000.00 for his vacation where he gifted millions of Canadian taxpayers money to Kahn, who is described as a philanthropist.

Pretty sure he donated to the Khan's foundation. Just like Harper did before him.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.thestar ... nture.html

Sorry for the misunderstanding as I didn't make it clear that I oppose gifting our money to "philanthropists" whether it be JT, Harper or the Man in the Moon.
Catsumi
Generalissimo Postalot

Postby Omnitheo » Sep 20th, 2017, 12:22 pm

The money wasn't donated to a philanthropist, it was donated to an organization. Just like if you were to donate to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, it doesn't mean you're giving money to Bill Gates
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau
Omnitheo
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2450 posts

Postby Merry » Sep 20th, 2017, 12:34 pm

It's unethical though when the organization you're donating taxpayer dollars to is one that is run by one of your best friends.

Surely there are plenty of worthy causes in the world, without donating to one that raises so many ethical (or unethical as the case may be) questions?
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin

Catsumi likes this post.
Merry
Guru

Liked in: 3722 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Sep 20th, 2017, 12:39 pm

Omnitheo wrote:

How many helicopters did Harper fly around in with the Khans?
3.7 cents kwh in alberta is a lie. The science is settled - wind turbines suck.

Not all leftists are stupid, but most stupid people are leftists.

Catsumi likes this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 12209 posts

Postby maryjane48 » Sep 20th, 2017, 12:57 pm

he should but reality is its him or the ndp . i would prefer the ndp but until more voters are willing to send a message of enough of the skimming then this is what we are stuck with
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 2658 posts

Postby fvkasm2x » Sep 20th, 2017, 8:16 pm

I don't know why we bother to write article about this, discuss it on the internet or even draw attention to it.

Let's face it. Nothing will happen to him.

Look at all the controversies he's been involved with already and still, support for him is pretty high. Basically, it doesn't matter if you're a terrible leader and a terrible person... as long as you're not Harper.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Liked in: 1057 posts

Postby Merry » Sep 20th, 2017, 11:29 pm

He certainly does seem to have a bit of a "Teflon" veneer at the moment; but I can't see it lasting much longer. As people begin to realize that he's really just a privileged member of the upper class who happens to have a famous name, and who has no more in common with ordinary people than any other member of the "one percent" group does, the tide will begin to turn.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin

Catsumi likes this post.
Merry
Guru

Liked in: 3722 posts

Postby Catsumi » Sep 21st, 2017, 9:18 am

I read a fair number of online newspapers and my guesstimate is that a tidal wave of negative public opinion is already at tsunami level for this sock puppet-run government.

Check it out in editorials across the country. Everything from terrorist Khadar multi-million $ payout, illegal immigration, poorly conceived tax changes, spendthrift holidaying and "gifting" our tax money to philanthropists to distribute around the globe while we have expensive problems that need fixing at home, and on and on.

Yes, there are those that live on their knees and worship at JT's shrine.

The rest have their eyes wide open. Unfortunately or perhaps with sly manipulation they weren't asked to participate in this "survey".

Was anyone here asked what they think? I wasn't.

:-X
Catsumi
Generalissimo Postalot

Postby rustled » Sep 21st, 2017, 9:20 am

Merry wrote:He certainly does seem to have a bit of a "Teflon" veneer at the moment; but I can't see it lasting much longer. As people begin to realize that he's really just a privileged member of the upper class who happens to have a famous name, and who has no more in common with ordinary people than any other member of the "one percent" group does, the tide will begin to turn.
Personally, I don't care how wealthy he is, whether or not he's a member of the "one percent", how famous his name is, or what he has in common with me. I don't care about his socks or his hair or his selfies or his speech patterns.

I care whether or not he's making good choices for our country.

What bothers me isn't about "who he is", it's that he doesn't seem to have a clue what he's doing, what he's promising, or who he's screwing over in the process.

I don't expect him to be an expert in everything, any more than I'd expect any other leader. But any good leader is capable of figuring out who to go to for advice, who to listen to, how to weigh out the pros and cons, how to sort the wheat from the chaff. JT seems completely unable to figure out where to turn for the expertise he lacks, and instead he keeps pandering to emotion-driven complaints with whatever sounds good.

Catsumi likes this post.
rustled
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 4382 posts

Postby Ken7 » Sep 21st, 2017, 12:00 pm

Omnitheo wrote:The money wasn't donated to a philanthropist, it was donated to an organization. Just like if you were to donate to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, it doesn't mean you're giving money to Bill Gates

Or to the Bill Clinton Foundation.... another waste of our Tax dollar.

Catsumi likes this post.
Ken7
Guru

Next

Return to Canada