Trudeau Face Consequences.

Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Trudeau Face Consequences.

Post by Merry »

on the critical issue of ethical conduct, Ministers are expected to be thoroughly familiar with the Conflict of Interest Act.

https://pm.gc.ca/eng/news/2015/11/27/op ... government

Clearly, Trudeau didn't read his own memo.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
justincase
Board Meister

Post by justincase »

Trudeau's violation of the new ethics rules implemented by the former Conservatives a few years ago is so MINOR it comes with no penalty. Even jaywalking comes with a fine. Peter MacKay was fined $200.00 twice for his ethical shenanigans!

So let's review a little of what the former Conservatives committed during their decade of darkness:

For a historic Second time (actually 3rd time), the Conservatives prorogued government to prevent Canadians from hearing the testimony of how Afghani detainees were turned over for torture (a war crime) including a little Afghani boy who was raped so badly his intestines were coming out of his body.

Ten days after the USA halted imports from XL meats, the Conservatives allowed Canadians to eat tainted, contaminated meat, killing 10 Canadians and poisoning dozens more!

Cheating in every single election the Conservatives ever won, Election Canada, after a plea bargain by the Conservative cabal, fines the Conservative Party of Canada nearly 1/4 of a million Dollars.

Stephen Harper's ETHICS advisor and the parliamentary secretary was taken away to prison in Leg Irons and handcuffs. The first time in 60 years that someone so close to the Prime Minister went prison, PRISON!

Maxime Bernier is forced to resign as Minister after allowing access to sensitive NATO documents to the outlaw motorcycle organization the Hell's Angels associate Julie Couillard.(Treasonous?)

Until a low-level Conservative operative was sent to jail, Canadians had never heard of Robocalls. During sentencing, the Judge notes in the defendant's refusal to co-operate with the crown that he could not have committed these crimes without the help of a very senior Conservative party member!

For the first time in any western world democracy, the Conservatives were found guilty and in contempt of Parliament!

The ETS Scandal is an ongoing Canadian political scandal involving alleged wrongdoing by Canadian Conservative government officials in the award of a $400-million information technology services contract and allegations of political interference by the Conservatives in the ensuing cover-up.

To attend a 2015 Conservative election rally attended by harper, members needed to be invited, then to apply to attend, be vetted and screened by CSIS, produce an invitation at the venue entry gates and be frisked. Harper surrounded himself with his Blackwater security thugs, so it was impossible for everyday Canadians to access him, yet despite the strongest security protocols in the history of Canada, harper "accidentally" shares a hotel with infamous outlaw motorcycle gang the Hells Angels. The next day, harper publically announces in an election promise to tighten Canada's Marijuana laws. Hmmmmm...there seems to be a theme going on in this party that nobody has bothered connected the dots!

The Conservatives are responsible for 75% of all debt and borrowing since Confederation. A fact made even more Poignant that hidden in one of the Conservatives 900-page omnibus bills is a loophole that allows spending without parliamentary approval.

Have Canadians forgotten these Criminals, corrupt or morally bankrupt Conservatives: Dean Del Mastro, Micheal Sona, Nigel Wright, Irving Gerstein, Doug Finley, Mike Duffy, Pamela Walin, Patric Brazeau, Peter Penashue, Pierre Lacroix, Don Merrideth, Author Porter, Bruce Carson, Parm Gill,Rick Dykstra, Reb Bowers, Michael Donison, Susan Kehoe, Vic Toews?
1) People forget conservatives used to be fiscally conservative. After harper, they have become fiscally liberal and socially racist. Fascism is the only thing they wish to conserve.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

I'm trying to figure out what all that stuff has to do with the fact that Justin Trudeau broke the Law; not once but FOUR times.

Even if every word of what you say is true, how does other wrongdoing somehow make Trudeau's wrongdoing OK?

It's not OK for ANYBODY to break the Law; I don't care WHO they are. And that applies just as much (or moreso) to our sitting Prime Minister as it does to you or I.

Trudeau broke the Law, plain and simple. And there should be meaningful consequences for that.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Glacier wrote:^^^ So it seems to me that your solution to the Conservative's problems is to have the same political policies as the Liberals so that when people go in the polling both, they just randomly pick between the two. Here's a theory, no amount of policy changes will defeat Trudeau. Trudeau, after all, campaigned to the left of the NDP last time, and still won in a landslide. In order to actually defeat Trudeau, you have to actually propose things that make more sense than the Liberals. You can't just mimic the party in power, and expect to defeat them. The more likely way Trudeau will get defeated is that the voters will get tired of him after 10 or 15 years as the do with all political parties in power eventually.

Justin's evil dad always won because he had Quebec in the bag every election. If Justin can get Quebec back into the Liberal fold and away from Jagmeet (not a hard task given those guys are known to be a bit racist) then he will solidify his power base. If Jagmeet can hold Quebec then it's not so easy for JT and his gang to keep power. The Conservatives should gain a few seats this election, including getting back Kelowna as the NDP voters who went with the Liberals on the promise of PR and were (surprise!!) lied to will go back to voting NDP and splitting the vote here again, and other ridings across Canada. I still predict a minority government next election for JT, just like his evil dad in 1972.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

If the Cons had elected a stronger leader, instead of "the boy next door with dimples" I think they'd have had a good chance of beating the Libs, given all the ethical gaffs the Libs have made lately. But Scheer, nice guy though he may be, is simply not the type to inspire people to vote for him the way they did for Justin.

Canadians were tired of Harper's arrogant, "one man band" type of leadership when they gave him the boot. But they still want a strong leader at the helm; just a kinder, gentler one. They thought that's what Trudeau would be, but his lack of experience and narcissistic personality have tripped him up.

The relative invisibility of both opposition parties these days is making it easy for Canadians to overlook Trudeau's weaknesses, but once the Cons replace Scheer with a better leader (which they'll do after they lose the next election) Trudeau's days will be numbered.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Merry wrote:They thought that's what Trudeau would be, but his lack of experience and narcissistic personality have tripped him up.

There really is very little in terms of difference between Trudeau and Harper in terms of leadership style. Both were/are total autocrats. With his crackdown on any MP's who might have a different opinion on abortion, and his meddling with the nomination process within his own party, JT displays a lot of Harper traits, but really who he really is mimicking is his horrible, evil dad.

The big difference is that JT has a media protecting him, instead of continually plotting on how to make him look bad to sell a load of BS to the voting sheep.

Don't underestimate the amount of buyer remorse there is out there with JT.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

GB - actually the media have not been particularly protecting JT. The coverage has been no better or worse than what Harper received.

What is actually protecting JT is the same as what really protected Harper. A solid team behind him that gets things done and fills in any weaknesses. People will put up with a level of shenanigans and missteps if the direction of the country is meeting most of their expectations. Harper had Flaherty to soften his message and do a credible job, plus people like Ambrose and Moore doing more quiet but credible jobs. Things like the Bev Oda affair didn't stick at the ballot box because of an overall sense of competency. Yes, those things make people look harder at the competency issue, but if it is there, then it washes away. In the end, what sunk Harper was less team voice, some losses in cabinet with weak replacements (Joe Oliver in finance for example) that lead to policy implementations gone awry.

At least for the moment, JT has the wind in his sails in that regard. From those I talk to, this ethics violation is not really sticking. They don't pay a lot of attention, and the basic sentiment I get as feedback is that it is nothing new, and the rules that politicians make for themselves are weak, and always have been.

What those busy folks are concerned with are issues like wage growth, what's happening with NAFTA and the unemployment rate, health care, education, housing, interest rates. Much more "kitchen table" stuff.

JT and crew have promised a look at the ethics rules in the wake of their indiscretions. I've heard that one before. They will study and discuss for months until it fades away...
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

The liberal scandals have been relatively minor next to the conservative ones. You would never know though by the posters on this forum. They shriek and howl at every little thing, yet when the tables were turned they were silent on the abuses of the Harper government. Or downplaying every issue.

I’ve been saying for years, electing liberals or conservatives is just asking for the same thing we always get. Politicians abusing power. Getting embroiled in scandals, appealing to the wealthy and not relating to the majority of actual Canadians.

Want a change from the status quo? Elect the party without a federal history of scandals lies and abuses. Elect the NDP.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

hobbyguy wrote:GB - actually the media have not been particularly protecting JT. The coverage has been no better or worse than what Harper received.

I guess. It's all a matter of perception I suppose.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Omnitheo wrote:The liberal scandals have been relatively minor next to the conservative ones.

Really? Relatively minor eh? I remember the lunatic left went nuts when Harper went to a baseball game in New York. And yet they are saying relatively nothing about Trudeau's Aga Khan faux pas. I'd like to see the complete freak-out if a Conservative PM ever flew around in private helicopters with a billionaire, especially one receiving Canadian taxpayer cash. The screams of agony would be deafening.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

The Green Barbarian wrote: I'd like to see the complete freak-out if a Conservative PM ever flew around in private helicopters with a billionaire, ...

Or fly a fleet of vehicles across the globe for ... oh, - wait :135:
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Or take a joy ride on a taxpayer funded helicopter? Right Peter Mackay?
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Actually, he wants to see the freak out about it?

Here’s Hobbyguy’s post about him from a few years ago
viewtopic.php?f=84&t=57316&hilit=Peter+mackay+Helicopter&p=1676855&view=show#p1675436

But read GB’s response to it below. And he accuses others of hypocrisy...
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I don't care WHO is breaking the ethics Law, it's still WRONG and there ought to be consequences. REAL consequences, not just bad publicity.

It's ridiculous deciding a politician's guilt or innocence based on which Party you support. Canadian Law applies to everybody, regardless of partisan stripe (or at least it OUGHT to).

Trudeau broke the Law, and should face serious consequences as a result. What those in the opposing Party did, or did not do, has absolutely NO relevance here. Trudeau broke the Law; plain and simple.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Agreed, but as long as we have corrupt politicians making the laws, they are going to make sure they can live with the consequences (hand slap) when they break them. This isn’t the first time on these forums we have read the rage of people frustrated with politicians breaking their own laws and generally behaving like arrogant goofs, and the usual suspects were just as complicit in making excuses for their own guy then as they are now incensed that the other party is doing it. I’m not excusing Trudeau. It is wrong now – but it sure as hell was wrong then too. The last was decidedly voted out of office, but not until his economic claims and promises were exposed to be false. Not that it is right, but unless our economy starts doing a lot worse before the next election I don’t really think this will be an election issue.

Return to “Canada”