Trudeau Face Consequences.

Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Trudeau Face Consequences.

Post by Ken7 »

If found guilty, Trudeau could face consequences for his Bahamas vacation
Benjamin Diaz — September 19, 2017 add comment

Justin Trudeau’s family Christmas vacation to the Bahamas in 2016 could be career ending consequences for the Prime Minister.

Trudeau is being investigated by the House of Commons Conflict of Interest and Ethics Commissioner, Mary Dawson for his trip to the Aga Khan private island in the Bahamas and using Khan’s private helicopter to get there.

If found guilty, Trudeau could be the first Prime Minister to break federal law.

The Aga Khan Foundation receives millions of dollars from the federal government every year triggering the investigation on the Prime Minister.

In the rule of ethnics Trudeau is to decline hospitality from the foundations founder, Aga Khan.

The opposition continues to grill Trudeau on his vacation and for using taxpayers money for some parts of the vacation, including food and drinks.

The investigation has been ongoing for 10 months and no conclusions have been made by Ethics Commissioner Mary Dawson, if found guilty Trudeau would probably just receive a slap on the wrist, but his reputation could mean career ending and giving up the position as Prime Minister of Canada.

Justin Trudeau tried to hide the cost and expenses from the media, but they picked it up shortly after he returned from the vacation, the expenses turned out to be much higher months later when CBC requested the financials under the Access to Information Act, over $80,000 more than originally disclosed to the Parliament.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Trudeau Face Consequences.

Post by Ken7 »

I read this report, I will wait to see what happens, I actually think like TRUMP would say Fake news. One can only hope!
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Re: Trudeau Face Consequences

Post by Catsumi »

Last I heard it cost close to $300,000.00 for his vacation where he gifted millions of Canadian taxpayers money to Kahn, who is described as a philanthropist.

I thought philanthropists gave away their OWN money, not someone elses.

This shameful boondoggle rankles right up there with payout to terrorist.

What have we done to wind up with this sorry-a :cuss: excuse of a leader.?

:swear: :swear: :swear:
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Ken7 wrote:
In the rule of ethnics Trudeau is to decline hospitality from the foundations founder, Aga Khan.

This made me laugh.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Catsumi wrote:Last I heard it cost close to $300,000.00 for his vacation where he gifted millions of Canadian taxpayers money to Kahn, who is described as a philanthropist.

Pretty sure he donated to the Khan's foundation. Just like Harper did before him.
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.thestar ... nture.html
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Omnitheo wrote:
Catsumi wrote:Last I heard it cost close to $300,000.00 for his vacation where he gifted millions of Canadian taxpayers money to Kahn, who is described as a philanthropist.

Pretty sure he donated to the Khan's foundation. Just like Harper did before him.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.thestar ... nture.html

Sorry for the misunderstanding as I didn't make it clear that I oppose gifting our money to "philanthropists" whether it be JT, Harper or the Man in the Moon.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

The money wasn't donated to a philanthropist, it was donated to an organization. Just like if you were to donate to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, it doesn't mean you're giving money to Bill Gates
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

It's unethical though when the organization you're donating taxpayer dollars to is one that is run by one of your best friends.

Surely there are plenty of worthy causes in the world, without donating to one that raises so many ethical (or unethical as the case may be) questions?
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Omnitheo wrote:

How many helicopters did Harper fly around in with the Khans?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

he should but reality is its him or the ndp . i would prefer the ndp but until more voters are willing to send a message of enough of the skimming then this is what we are stuck with
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

I don't know why we bother to write article about this, discuss it on the internet or even draw attention to it.

Let's face it. Nothing will happen to him.

Look at all the controversies he's been involved with already and still, support for him is pretty high. Basically, it doesn't matter if you're a terrible leader and a terrible person... as long as you're not Harper.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

He certainly does seem to have a bit of a "Teflon" veneer at the moment; but I can't see it lasting much longer. As people begin to realize that he's really just a privileged member of the upper class who happens to have a famous name, and who has no more in common with ordinary people than any other member of the "one percent" group does, the tide will begin to turn.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

I read a fair number of online newspapers and my guesstimate is that a tidal wave of negative public opinion is already at tsunami level for this sock puppet-run government.

Check it out in editorials across the country. Everything from terrorist Khadar multi-million $ payout, illegal immigration, poorly conceived tax changes, spendthrift holidaying and "gifting" our tax money to philanthropists to distribute around the globe while we have expensive problems that need fixing at home, and on and on.

Yes, there are those that live on their knees and worship at JT's shrine.

The rest have their eyes wide open. Unfortunately or perhaps with sly manipulation they weren't asked to participate in this "survey".

Was anyone here asked what they think? I wasn't.

:-X

Unknown
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Merry wrote:He certainly does seem to have a bit of a "Teflon" veneer at the moment; but I can't see it lasting much longer. As people begin to realize that he's really just a privileged member of the upper class who happens to have a famous name, and who has no more in common with ordinary people than any other member of the "one percent" group does, the tide will begin to turn.
Personally, I don't care how wealthy he is, whether or not he's a member of the "one percent", how famous his name is, or what he has in common with me. I don't care about his socks or his hair or his selfies or his speech patterns.

I care whether or not he's making good choices for our country.

What bothers me isn't about "who he is", it's that he doesn't seem to have a clue what he's doing, what he's promising, or who he's screwing over in the process.

I don't expect him to be an expert in everything, any more than I'd expect any other leader. But any good leader is capable of figuring out who to go to for advice, who to listen to, how to weigh out the pros and cons, how to sort the wheat from the chaff. JT seems completely unable to figure out where to turn for the expertise he lacks, and instead he keeps pandering to emotion-driven complaints with whatever sounds good.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Omnitheo wrote:The money wasn't donated to a philanthropist, it was donated to an organization. Just like if you were to donate to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, it doesn't mean you're giving money to Bill Gates

Or to the Bill Clinton Foundation.... another waste of our Tax dollar.

Return to “Canada”