51250
51574

Trudeau Face Consequences.

Re: Trudeau Face Consequences.

Postby Ka-El » Dec 20th, 2017, 2:34 pm

Merry wrote: Two wrongs don't make a right Ka-El.

I agree absolutely Merry. It would be nice if we applied the same standards to everyone.
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill

3 people like this post.
User avatar
Ka-El
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4125
Likes: 2032 posts
Liked in: 3363 posts
Joined: Oct 18th, 2015, 8:19 am

Re: Trudeau Face Consequences.

Postby Rwede » Dec 20th, 2017, 3:39 pm

Image
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.

3 people like this post.
User avatar
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 11728
Likes: 9542 posts
Liked in: 5117 posts
Joined: May 6th, 2009, 9:49 am
Location: is everything!

Re: Trudeau Face Consequences.

Postby Ka-El » Dec 20th, 2017, 3:53 pm

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 20th, 2017, 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
User avatar
Ka-El
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4125
Likes: 2032 posts
Liked in: 3363 posts
Joined: Oct 18th, 2015, 8:19 am

Re: Trudeau Face Consequences.

Postby Glacier » Dec 20th, 2017, 4:39 pm

Golden: Andrew Coyne: My exclusive interview with the prime minister (minus the prime minister)

I seem to have been passed over, once again, for one of those “exclusive” year-end interviews Prime Minister Trudeau gives to CTV, Global News, TVA etc. etc. But I am not one to let a little thing like that stop me. Herewith my own exclusive interview with the prime minister, minus the prime minister.

Prime Minister, thank you for this. Might I just start with the news of the day? With regard to your holidays on the Aga Khan’s private island in the Caribbean, you’ve been found by the ethics commissioner to have broken the conflict of interest law in four places. Yet you face no penalties of any kind. You’ve said the decision should give Canadians confidence in the process. Why?

You claim you accepted his hospitality because he was a “close family friend.” Yet the ethics commissioner found you hadn’t seen him in 30 years, but for a hug at your father’s funeral. She seems quite clear the Aga Khan’s interest in you had more to do with your official position and his dealings with the government you lead. If she could see that, why couldn’t you?

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 26172
Likes: 2570 posts
Liked in: 8356 posts
Joined: Jul 6th, 2008, 9:41 pm

Re: Trudeau Face Consequences.

Postby Ken7 » Dec 20th, 2017, 5:41 pm

Trudeau publicly admitted he was wrong, now what. End of story, he's still a very sad choice to run anything more then a classroom of grade six students in Drama.

2 people like this post.
Ken7
Guru
 
Posts: 6139
Likes: 3281 posts
Liked in: 2219 posts
Joined: Sep 30th, 2007, 3:09 pm

Re: Trudeau Face Consequences.

Postby Ka-El » Dec 20th, 2017, 5:48 pm

Ken7 wrote:End of story, he's still a very sad choice to run anything more then a classroom of grade six students in Drama.

Disappointing to be sure. Too bad Harper's puppy dogs were more concerned about making excuses for their guy than listening to Canadians and preparing for the election with something more than attack ads. Consequences.
Last edited by Ka-El on Dec 20th, 2017, 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
User avatar
Ka-El
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4125
Likes: 2032 posts
Liked in: 3363 posts
Joined: Oct 18th, 2015, 8:19 am

Re: Trudeau Face Consequences.

Postby Merry » Dec 20th, 2017, 5:49 pm

Ka-El wrote:
Merry wrote: Two wrongs don't make a right Ka-El.

I agree absolutely Merry. It would be nice if we applied the same standards to everyone.

But that applies to you too Ka-El. You can't simply let Trudeau off the hook just because you're a Liberal supporter. If this had been Stephen Harper you'd have crucified him (as would I).
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin

3 people like this post.
User avatar
Merry
Guru
 
Posts: 6955
Likes: 4038 posts
Liked in: 3879 posts
Joined: Nov 2nd, 2008, 11:41 am

Re: Trudeau Face Consequences.

Postby Merry » Dec 20th, 2017, 5:51 pm

Glacier wrote:Golden: Andrew Coyne: My exclusive interview with the prime minister (minus the prime minister)

I seem to have been passed over, once again, for one of those “exclusive” year-end interviews Prime Minister Trudeau gives to CTV, Global News, TVA etc. etc. But I am not one to let a little thing like that stop me. Herewith my own exclusive interview with the prime minister, minus the prime minister.

Prime Minister, thank you for this. Might I just start with the news of the day? With regard to your holidays on the Aga Khan’s private island in the Caribbean, you’ve been found by the ethics commissioner to have broken the conflict of interest law in four places. Yet you face no penalties of any kind. You’ve said the decision should give Canadians confidence in the process. Why?

You claim you accepted his hospitality because he was a “close family friend.” Yet the ethics commissioner found you hadn’t seen him in 30 years, but for a hug at your father’s funeral. She seems quite clear the Aga Khan’s interest in you had more to do with your official position and his dealings with the government you lead. If she could see that, why couldn’t you?

He couldn't see it because his ego got in the way.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Merry
Guru
 
Posts: 6955
Likes: 4038 posts
Liked in: 3879 posts
Joined: Nov 2nd, 2008, 11:41 am

Re: Trudeau Face Consequences.

Postby Ken7 » Dec 20th, 2017, 5:53 pm

Ka-El wrote:Disappointing to be sure. Too bad Harper's puppy dogs were more concerned about making excuses for their guy than listening to Canadians and preparing for the election with something more than attack ads. Consequences.


It saddens me to think all he will do is apologize. He should actually be responsible for the total cost of his vacation including his security and Nannies. Maybe next time any PM will look at this from a different light.

Do you know how much we as Canadians are donating to his friends Charity?

Did you catch his press release!! Wow, very well done dozy!
Last edited by Ken7 on Dec 20th, 2017, 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2 people like this post.
Ken7
Guru
 
Posts: 6139
Likes: 3281 posts
Liked in: 2219 posts
Joined: Sep 30th, 2007, 3:09 pm

Re: Trudeau Face Consequences.

Postby Ka-El » Dec 20th, 2017, 6:03 pm

Merry wrote: But that applies to you too Ka-El. You can't simply let Trudeau off the hook just because you're a Liberal supporter. If this had been Stephen Harper you'd have crucified him (as would I).

I'm kinda disappointed Merry. I've always considered your posts to be thoughtful and objective and have read them carefully. If you can find an example of me making excuses for Trudeau or letting him off the hook I'd like to know so I can correct myself (pointing out the blatant hypocrisy of the Trudeau bashers is not the same thing as making excuses for him).

p.s. I am not Liberal and I am not a Liberal supporter. In fact, I have no partisan loyalties. I voted NDP in the last federal election, and Conservative in the two elections before that (yes, I voted for Harper)
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill

Merry likes this post.
User avatar
Ka-El
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4125
Likes: 2032 posts
Liked in: 3363 posts
Joined: Oct 18th, 2015, 8:19 am

Re: Trudeau Face Consequences.

Postby Gone_Fishin » Dec 20th, 2017, 6:41 pm

Ka-El wrote:
Merry wrote: But that applies to you too Ka-El. You can't simply let Trudeau off the hook just because you're a Liberal supporter. If this had been Stephen Harper you'd have crucified him (as would I).

I'm kinda disappointed Merry. I've always considered your posts to be thoughtful and objective and have read them carefully. If you can find an example of me making excuses for Trudeau or letting him off the hook I'd like to know so I can correct myself (pointing out the blatant hypocrisy of the Trudeau bashers is not the same thing as making excuses for him).

p.s. I am not Liberal and I am not a Liberal supporter. In fact, I have no partisan loyalties. I voted NDP in the last federal election, and Conservative in the two elections before that (yes, I voted for Harper)


All day long you tried to blame Harper for Trudeau's illegal activities. We may be slow, but we're not dumb. This is squarely on Trudeau, he broke the law, four laws in fact. He should resign, despite your adoration for the man, and your voting for him in the last election.
Must see TV >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVshw0CY-Hc

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Gone_Fishin
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3777
Likes: 3904 posts
Liked in: 2518 posts
Joined: Sep 6th, 2006, 6:43 am

Re: Trudeau Face Consequences.

Postby Ken7 » Dec 20th, 2017, 6:47 pm

Gone_Fishin wrote:
All day long you tried to blame Harper for Trudeau's illegal activities. We may be slow, but we're not dumb. This is squarely on Trudeau, he broke the law, four laws in fact. He should resign, despite your adoration for the man, and your voting for him in the last election.


They apparently missed this as it is a first for Canadian Prime Minister, there for what can you argue? How can you defend his actions?

He's sorry all right that he got caught.

3 people like this post.
Ken7
Guru
 
Posts: 6139
Likes: 3281 posts
Liked in: 2219 posts
Joined: Sep 30th, 2007, 3:09 pm

Re: Trudeau Face Consequences.

Postby Gone_Fishin » Dec 20th, 2017, 6:49 pm

Ken7 wrote:
Gone_Fishin wrote:
All day long you tried to blame Harper for Trudeau's illegal activities. We may be slow, but we're not dumb. This is squarely on Trudeau, he broke the law, four laws in fact. He should resign, despite your adoration for the man, and your voting for him in the last election.


They apparently missed this as it is a first for Canadian Prime Minister, there for what can you argue? How can you defend his actions?

He's sorry all right that he got caught.


That does seem to be the pattern here. They are sorry they get caught. I shiver when I think of how much we don't know about. Where's the $20 billion gone?
Must see TV >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVshw0CY-Hc

3 people like this post.
User avatar
Gone_Fishin
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3777
Likes: 3904 posts
Liked in: 2518 posts
Joined: Sep 6th, 2006, 6:43 am

Re: Trudeau Face Consequences.

Postby Urbane » Dec 20th, 2017, 6:56 pm

Three "d" words come to mind . . . disappointing, deceitful, and dumb.

4 people like this post.
User avatar
Urbane
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 20329
Likes: 7493 posts
Liked in: 8951 posts
Joined: Jul 8th, 2007, 6:41 pm

Re: Trudeau Face Consequences.

Postby Ken7 » Dec 20th, 2017, 7:07 pm

Urbane wrote:Three "d" words come to mind . . . disappointing, deceitful, and dumb.


Another one starts with D and ends with K.
Ken7
Guru
 
Posts: 6139
Likes: 3281 posts
Liked in: 2219 posts
Joined: Sep 30th, 2007, 3:09 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Canada

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests