Support for Trudeau remains high

Jlabute
Guru

Re: Support for Trudeau remains high

Post by Jlabute »

We all know who khadr will vote for.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Jlabute wrote:We all know who khadr will vote for.

Being sorely disappointed in past elections I personally have not voted for a long time, but now I find myself outraged enough to try it once again in order to rid ourselves of this abomination of a federal government.

Again, I predict that the voter turnout will be higher this coming election than ever before!

I know that I am not alone in this fervent wish.

Out, out, out!!!! Be gone !!

:-X
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
pepecat
Board Meister

Post by pepecat »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Carrs Landing Viking wrote:
Lol. Yes I am female, and you could not pay me to vote for the airhead JT.

I prefer the type that don't have air between their ears. :biggrin:

other than the fact that JT isn't very bright, a fact that all but the staunchest JT Kool-Aid drinkers would concede, do you have any other issues with JT? If you don't vote for JT, who would you consider voting for? If it's the Conservatives, have you not considered all of the leftist talking points about what a horrible neo-Nazi woman-hating gay hating piece of garbage Andrew Scheer is?

If you have considered these points, and still want to vote for Scheer, why are you disregarding all of these fear-mongering talking points from the Left? Why wouldn't you just fall in line here and vote as you are being told to vote? I am curious as I was only half joking about the liberal (small L) people I know who are all telling me that there is no way that women will vote Conservative in the next election and that "the majority of women" will all vote enmass for JT (like they apparently did last election, though I can't find much proof to back that one up). Thanks and appreciate your thoughts.

Here's my thoughts.
I like Justin Trudeau. I admire his demeanor and his respect of other countries and other cultures. I am happy that Canada is once again becoming a world leader in peace and harmony. I like that I can travel the world again and be proud that Canada is no longer a minion to the USA's reputation of racism and intolerance. Justin Trudeau is a necessary counter-balance to the mess that is the United States.

I am not sure why you keep referring to women as voters for the "cute guy". Not sure why you refer to left-thinkers as fear-monging either. You seem more comfortable with placing yourself with Donald Trump supporters. Maybe you are living in the wrong country?

Stop insulting people like me with your condescending know-it-all garbage.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

*Do not start making this personal!
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

pepecat wrote:Here's my thoughts.
I like Justin Trudeau. I admire his demeanor and his respect of other countries and other cultures. I am happy that Canada is once again becoming a world leader in peace and harmony. I like that I can travel the world again and be proud that Canada is no longer a minion to the USA's reputation of racism and intolerance. Justin Trudeau is a necessary counter-balance to the mess that is the United States.

The respect for other countries and cultures is great, and where support for JT should end.

Giving away Canada's money when we are in debt makes no sense to anyone who doesn't see through JTs rose coloured glasses.
840 million to Syria promised.
https://globalnews.ca/video/3359092/trudeau-says-government-says-canada-to-give-syria-840m-following-deadly-attack

Massive deficit spending, JT starts to look for other funding to give away more money; promises it won't hurt the middle class wallets by taking away healthcare.
https://globalnews.ca/news/3327930/fede ... kes-booze/

I have been open and transparent about that, and have been entirely consistent in my desire to not be perceived to be bending or breaking any rules," Trudeau said.
https://www.google.ca/amp/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4296641
His dodgy words suggest he has no idea how his funds are handled and defects with the statement above.

If you have the time, this one is worth a read.
http://financialpost.com/investing/investing-pro/the-10-million-lifetime-tax-bill-welcome-to-trudeaus-new-tax-rate

My support remains low for him. His agenda is very clear and it is to gain a seat at the united nations for all his humanitarian efforts in giving away Canadians money they don't have to spend. He has greatly improved others counties views of Canada by handing out money, negotiating deals in favour of others countries and ruined my thoughts on him by dipping into the pockets of Canadians to help fund it all.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

pepecat wrote:
Here's my thoughts.
I like Justin Trudeau. I admire his demeanor and his respect of other countries and other cultures.

Yes, I can agree with you on this. Trudeau loves to pander to other countries, and shovel hundreds of millions of dollars of our taxpayer cash at every cause held dear by his fellow leftist and Euro-trash pals. He also loves pandering to cultures that use Canada as a terrorism staging ground, even forking out $10.5 million of our tax dollars to them if oh no! our Supreme Court using an out-dated piece of paper that never contemplated such an event happening deems said terrorists had their rights violated. Even after they murder US medics in cold blood. What a great guy with so much respect. It seems his respect has no limits, and neither does his largess when it comes to our tax dollars.

I am happy that Canada is once again becoming a world leader in peace and harmony.

When did we stop being a world leader in peace and harmony? What changed and when?

I like that I can travel the world again and be proud that Canada is no longer a minion to the USA's reputation of racism and intolerance.

Since this never happened, and Canada was never a minion as you describe, I have always travelled the world and been proud of Canada. I realize that in the fevered brains of deranged leftists, they felt that before the snow board instructor took over in 2015 there was some reason to say that we weren't tolerant, but that was just in the imaginations of people who aren't very bright.

Justin Trudeau is a necessary counter-balance to the mess that is the United States.

I would agree with you to some extent, if they honestly knew we existed. But they don't. So not much balance there. Kind of like saying a flea on an elephant's bum is a good balance to the elephant.

I am not sure why you keep referring to women as voters for the "cute guy".

Not sure who this is aimed at as I never said this. What I did say that the dumber parts of JT's platform in the last election, like appointing unqualified people to cabinet because of their genitals, and of reforming the election system (oh yeah he lied about that one) drew a lot of women voters who traditionally vote for the NDP to JT's side in the last election. Women who vote Conservative voted Conservative like they always do, women who always vote Liberal voted Liberal, and some of the women who traditionally vote NDP voted Liberal. I don't think it had much to do with JT being cute, and more about just having policies dumb enough to attract them away from the traditionally really dumb NDP. JT out-dumbed the NDP, and so was able to draw some votes away from them.

Not sure why you refer to left-thinkers as fear-monging either.

It's pretty obvious. Because they continually commit the act of mongering fear. They did it with Harper, and now they are doing it with Scheer. Another word for someone who fear-mongers is LIAR. That was kind of my point. The Left is lying their butts off about Scheer, and expecting that "the majority of women" will vote for JT and not Scheer. I was asking Carrs Landing Viking if she would go along with these horrible lies and vote for JT, and if not, why not. I honestly don't care about your opinion, it was Carrs Landing's opinion I value.

You seem more comfortable with placing yourself with Donald Trump supporters. Maybe you are living in the wrong country?

Not sure what this means, but why I am not surprised that someone who doesn't like my opinions doesn't want me here. What a shock. "Tolerant liberals" aren't actually tolerant. They just want everyone to think like they do, and they want to shout down everyone who doesn't think like they do. And this is why Trump won, and why I think Scheer is going to win in 2019. Or at the very least, reduce Selfie-Boy to a minority.

Stop insulting people like me with your condescending know-it-all garbage.

LOL - more bullying from another "tolerant liberal". Hey pal, I'm not stopping anything, especially "know it all garbage", whatever that means. All opinions are welcome here, and if you don't like it, that's 100% your problem.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

I just caught it now, "Support for Trudeau remains high."

Was there a pun intended on that?

Why without those being high he would not have been voted in! LMAO.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Maybe it is just my not keeping track diligently enough, but has anyone else noticed that the News has been pretty thin about the Edmonton attacker and the Canadian responsible for planning a terrorist attack on NYC ?

Just putting it out there to see if anyone else has noticed this.

Could it be that these incidents aren't newsworthy or is it the beginning of a sleight of hand coverup? Will our PM demand the extradition of the NYC plotter or are they letting this be handled by the Americans?

Seems that there is much more attention paid to the horrible Vegas shooting than what's happening in Canada.

Just a thought.

:130:
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

More Canadians were affected by the Vegas attack than the Edmonton attack. There were multiple news articles about Edmonton though. What are you expecting? Unless there’s any new developments there’s nothing to report on.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Possible. Good thing the NYC plotter was caught, otherwise we'd be all caught up in that too. Maybe even worse.

Canadian terrorists just don't seem to catch much limelight. No eyecatching headlines, very little background checking being reported, whereas every stone has been flipped over down south.

Strange.

Unknown
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

I don’t think it’s strange at all
Confirmation bias, also called confirmatory bias or myside bias,[Note 1] is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms one's preexisting beliefs or hypotheses.[1] It is a type of cognitive bias and a systematic error of inductive reasoning. People display this bias when they gather or remember information selectively, or when they interpret it in a biased way. The effect is stronger for emotionally charged issues and for deeply entrenched beliefs.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Catsumi wrote: Will our PM demand the extradition of the NYC plotter or are they letting this be handled by the Americans?

No, he's going to let the Americans incarcerate him, have a brainless Supreme Court make another idiotic ruling using an out-dated piece of paper as their guide, and then greet him with a $10.5 million cheque at the airport when he lands in Canada. And the trained leftist seals will all clap in unison.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

GB. You may be correct in predicting the future outcome of the NYC potential terrorism attack that thankfully was caught in time. However, 10 M $ may be seen as small spuds....

The day after the Edmonton chap was caught, the Police Chief of Edmonton was in front of the news reporters and one of them asked why said chap had not been under police surveillance. The Chief replied that he had been about two years ago but it was dropped in time as there were SO MANY OF THEM. The next question was asked and his statement wasn't questioned further. In later re-runs broadcasts that sentence was not included. Strange indeed.

So, coming from Edmonton's Police Chief that there is an abundance of people who need to be watched and possibly not the manpower to do so, personally I am concerned. It may be in a short time that we see attacks, more of them and in a more spectacular manner with high body counts because we can't keep track of potential harm-doers. After all, we are not that different from the States as we have participated in the same wars, sadly. The costs of such attacks could see damages well over the ten million mark.

Some may be lulled as Omintheo seems to wish in his first post, and that we are to ignore past injustices as we are too suspicious by his second post.

I don't subscribe to either. I think Canada is coming into a new age which isn't all that welcome.

Unknown
Retrosnap
Board Meister

Post by Retrosnap »

...Implying that small business owners and family farms are tax cheats

...considering going after staff discounts and employee meals as a taxable benefit

Meanwhile...

...sheltering family trusts from the tax man

...vacationing on private island of billionaire

...and
IMG_20171011_093546.jpg

To paraphrase the ads used against Michael Ignaetieff when he was Liberal Leader...

"Justin Trudeau...He isn't there for you"
35mm photography is a job, medium format is a skill, large format is a way of life.

Return to “Canada”