GM strike Ontario

waynetyea
Fledgling

GM strike Ontario

Post by waynetyea »

we dont care if they settle or not .. after all they did not care one bit when western star trucks left kelowna and went to the states... or dynasty electric cars was bought out and shut down ... tough it out, after all your 50 dollar an hour jobs dont mean anything to us westerners who are lucky to make 15-20 per hour here is just lucky to have a job, cry me a river. sincerly
Chyren
Board Meister

Re: GM strike Ontario

Post by Chyren »

Why is how much they make a reason to dislike them?

By your comment you only make half of what they do and would be more than happy taking what they have.

Disliking someone over what they make is silly.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

While i agree with most of the post i don't see what's with all the "western" talk.
When Western Star was running i knew a few workers there and they weren't much of a return on the dollar if you get my drift Lol

I imagine people busting their *bleep* within a mile from any of these union plants anywhere feels the same.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

$34 is the top wage at Cami.

The Cami strike could prompt 3,000 layoffs in other factories, including 308 in London, ON. Morale remained high on the picket line Tuesday and workers have been overwhelmed with support, with many seeing the strike as a fight to save jobs from going south, said Mike Van Boekel, chairperson of Unifor Local 88, representing the workers.

“Our support is huge. People understand this. They are getting their heads around it and they know it is wrong,” he said.

http://www.wallaceburgcourierpress.com/ ... -in-london
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Return to “Canada”