maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Poll 2 thirds of Canadians support this

Post by maryjane48 »

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Poll 2 thirds of Canadians support this

Post by GordonH »

Okay, under both Provincial & Federal regulations with proper Licenses (shop & license is in owners name.... not the shops name). Reason for that if caught selling to underage (just once) the licensee loses there license (1 strike rule) No ifs, buts or maybes about it.

Reason for both the shop & license being in the owner actual name, is so the owner can't turn around change the name of the shop & reopen.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

GordonH wrote:Okay, under both Provincial & Federal regulations with proper Licenses (shop & license is in owners name.... not the shops name). Reason for that if caught selling to underage (just once) the licensee loses there license (1 strike rule) No ifs, buts or maybes about it.

Reason for both the shop & license being in the owner actual name, is so the owner can't turn around change the name of the shop & reopen.

if a liquor store sells to minor what happens ? or cigs ? do they get shut down ?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Okay, under both Provincial & Federal regulations with proper Licenses (shop & license is in owners name.... not the shops name). Reason for that if caught selling to underage (just once) the licensee loses there license (1 strike rule) No ifs, buts or maybes about it.

maryjane48 wrote:if a liquor store sells to minor what happens ? or cigs ? do they get shut down ?

Personal I would expect nongovernment liquor stores (government liquor store check ID's if they are not sure) to lose their liquor license for selling to underage.
As for the store selling cigarettes to underage they should have cigarette sales pulled from the store imo.

Of course those in control of these decisions usually don't have the backbone to be that tough on idiot store owners.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

Agreed. Legalization should support as many jobs as possible.

Return to “Canada”