A guide for non first nations

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

A guide for non first nations

Post by maryjane48 »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/cry ... -1.4231427

Crystal Fraser says the idea for the guide came out of interviews she did as part of the research for her PhD thesis on the history of residential schools in the Inuvik area. She has interviewed about 60 people in Aklavik, Tsiigehtchic, Fort McPherson and Inuvik.
techrtr
Übergod

Re: A guide for non first nations

Post by techrtr »

A good example of how well educated people aren't necessarily particularly intelligent. The attempted German extermination of the Jews was genocide. A technologically advanced culture encountering another culture and changing it (a natural process), is not genocide. It's gone on for thousands, if not millions of years.

I really wish I was First Nations because I would be screwing the system for ever penny I could squeeze out of gullible, white Canadians.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

I find her ideas lopsided and biased. Reconciliation is a two way street. Perhaps we should put together a guide for how natives should relate to White people, and start by not misappropriating band money, and remitting your tax forms on time, among many things. Indigenous have a lot of hard work if they truly want to preserve their culture and languages and it shouldn't be up to Canadians to teach them their languages. Even the French feel threatened by English speakers. Just like BLM and other leftist groups, she believes whites are privileged. She has the tone of a racist. She wants to forge ahead with those a--h*le white people. Her goal is to dismantle colonialism - I suppose a 100% Native government is in her future.

The article is not available, but the title raises a little red flag with me.

http://www.academia.edu/24526235/_Can_F ... Together._
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

techrtr wrote:A good example of how well educated people aren't necessarily particularly intelligent. The attempted German extermination of the Jews was genocide. A technologically advanced culture encountering another culture and changing it (a natural process), is not genocide. It's gone on for thousands, if not millions of years.

I really wish I was First Nations because I would be screwing the system for ever penny I could squeeze out of gullible, white Canadians.

well lets look at facts shall we instead of the rebels version of history . facts that the nazi got the term final solution from canadas colonial plans for the natives . ie extermination. fact that diseaes were introduced in the hopes most the natives would die off . reservers are at the time of introduction the same as germanys concentration camps . list goes on . even your hero john a macdonald refered to them as savages . most folks would want to exterminate a savage it doesnt imy neighbourly affection does it
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

Rebel version of history - uhhh, I think you're the one who's been reading too much revisionist, biased, sensationalist, and inaccurate history. The comment about the Final Solution is stupid beyond belief and I'm left shaking my head. Sorry Mary Jane, I agree with some of your comments, but you are woefully misinformed when it comes to real history.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

maryjane48 wrote:well lets look at facts shall we instead of the rebels version of history . facts that the nazi got the term final solution from canadas colonial plans for the natives . ie extermination. fact that diseaes were introduced in the hopes most the natives would die off . reservers are at the time of introduction the same as germanys concentration camps . list goes on . even your hero john a macdonald refered to them as savages . most folks would want to exterminate a savage it doesnt imy neighbourly affection does it

Do you have a source that Nazis based the Holocaust after Canadian/British "extermination" of First Nations?

One would think they would have taken inspiration from a more successful example.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Sir, We are looking anxiously for your report as to Indian titles both within Manitoba and without; and as to the best means of extinguishing [terminating] the Indian titles in the valley of Saskatchewan. Would you kindly give us your views on that point, officially and unofficially? We should take immediate steps to extinguish the Indian titles somewhere in the Fertile Belt in the valley of Saskatchewan, and open it for settlement. There will otherwise be an influx of squatters who will seize upon the most eligible positions and greatly disturb the symmetry [organization] of future surveys. 1870 (a letter)

But this alone does not justify a change in the policy of this Department, which is being geared towards the final solution of our Indian Problem." [emphasis added] 1910

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.interes ... hools/amp/

From the Greek, genos, meaning race, kind + -cide that first applied to the extermination of the Jews by Nazi Germany. The systematic killing of, or a program of action intended to destroy a whole national or ethnic group." Webster's New World Dictionary, 3rd edition, 1994.

Definition of Assimilation - "Cultural absorption of a minority group into the main cultural body." (Ibid).

Genocide has since become 'assimilated' into the cultural lexicon of modern times and the word now applies to any attempt to destroy another culture. Perhaps, in the case of First Nations, we should have our own word. I propose, 'Genoassimilationism'. Definition: The absorption of Canada's First Nations into the dominant Canadian social and economic body politic through the systematic destruction of Indigenous cultures.

In other words, what happened to First Nations people was not a "monumental act of carelessness", as Milloy suggests, but a deliberate, systematic goal of Indigenous absorption into the dominant culture through heinous means, that included the horror of residential schools in which rape, murder, starvation, and physical and emotional beatings were commonplace.

Whereas 'carelessness' has an aura of carefree untroubled behaviour; not thinking before one acts, for example, Genoassimilationism lays the blame exactly where it should be, at the doors of the churches and the central government.
Walking Wounded
Übergod

Post by Walking Wounded »

maryjane48 wrote:well lets look at facts shall we instead of the rebels version of history . facts that the nazi got the term final solution from canadas colonial plans for the natives . ie extermination. fact that diseaes were introduced in the hopes most the natives would die off . reservers are at the time of introduction the same as germanys concentration camps . list goes on . even your hero john a macdonald refered to them as savages . most folks would want to exterminate a savage it doesnt imy neighbourly affection does it

Still waiting for the facts to look at. Here's a fact, MJ you are the most racist person on these forums.
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

FreeRights wrote: Do you have a source that Nazis based the Holocaust after Canadian/British "extermination" of First Nations?

One would think they would have taken inspiration from a more successful example.

https://indiancountrymedianetwork.com/h ... on-system/

http://www.encyclopedia.com/social-scie ... ation-camp

http://www.encyclopedia.com/social-scie ... ation-camp

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... 81d0a98269

http://www.worldfuturefund.org/Reports/ ... ocide.html

and many many more
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

maryjane48 wrote: facts that the nazi got the term final solution from canadas colonial plans for the natives . ie extermination. fact

are you able to provide any proof to support this, anywhere? I really would like to see some documented evidence that Himmler was sitting at a table somewhere in Berlin reading and quoting Canadian politicians from the 1860's. That would actually be quite fascinating from a historical context.

Do you think that the Germans might instead have been influenced by ACTUAL attempted genocides, like the attempted extermination of the Armenians by the Turkish Muslims in the early 1900's? Or does that just not suit the narrative?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
maryjane48 wrote: facts that the nazi got the term final solution from canadas colonial plans for the natives . ie extermination. fact

are you able to provide any proof to support this, anywhere? I really would like to see some documented evidence that Himmler was sitting at a table somewhere in Berlin reading and quoting Canadian politicians from the 1860's.

It seems the Nazis were more inspired by the American solution of reservation systems than Canada's.

Return to “Canada”