Bombardier vs Boeing

KevinJP
Fledgling

Bombardier vs Boeing

Post by KevinJP »

Since the US government has slapped a duty on Bombardier's aircraft, then maybe Trudeau should have the courage to tell Boeing to take their F-18's and shove it. He should also tell Lockheed Martin to take a hike and buy our new fighters from some other country. After all, if the American's are not going to defend us in the upcoming war with Korea, then we should be free to chart our own course.
seewood
Guru

Re: Bombardier vs Boeing

Post by seewood »

Going to get interesting in the next while regarding Canada's requirement for replacing the CF-18's.
I wouldn't be surprised if JT does cancel the Super Hornet order now or hold off until the tariffs on the Canadair jets are lifted. Kibosh the F 35's as well.
Typhoon or Gripen 39, anything but the Rafale would work for Canada. Mig 35?

All this while we are trying to renegotiate NAFTA....
I am not wealthy but I am rich
KevinJP
Fledgling

Post by KevinJP »

seewood wrote:Going to get interesting in the next while regarding Canada's requirement for replacing the CF-18's.
I wouldn't be surprised if JT does cancel the Super Hornet order now or hold off until the tariffs on the Canadair jets are lifted. Kibosh the F 35's as well.

OMG, can you imagine the Donald seeing Russian planes stationed on North American soil?
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

seewood wrote:Going to get interesting in the next while regarding Canada's requirement for replacing the CF-18's.

i say we get the new russian jet lol su-57 i think it is

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukhoi_Su-57

The fighter is intended to succeed the MiG-29 and Su-27 in the Russian Air Force and serve as the basis for the Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft (FGFA) being co-developed by Sukhoi and Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) for the Indian Air Force.[18][19] The prototype first flew on 29 January 2010 and deliveries of production aircraft to the Russian Air Force are to begin in 2018.[20] The prototypes and initial production batch are to be delivered with a highly upgraded variant of the AL-31F used by the Su-27 family as interim engines while a new clean-sheet design power-plant is currently under development. The aircraft is expected to have a service life of up to 35 years
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Yep, absolute BS. Heavily US subsidized Boeing had no real alternative to offer Delta, and they got upset that the airline would prefer something other than their re-used Brazilian jets. So now they’re calling bombardier planes “dumping” because bombardier received government subsidies.

As if Boeing hasn’t been “dumping” their jets all over the world for decades.

I hope Canadian airlines are looking away from Boeing for any future purposes
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Boeing............only exists because of the U.S. military contract along with HUGE Federal and State tax breaks. Boeing is king at threatening Washington state with "we will move this and that to this redneck eastern state if you don't give us everything we want". Their last Trump-like tantrum was in 2015/2016.

:cuss: Boeing.............war mongers!
Last edited by ferri on Sep 27th, 2017, 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: word censor workaround
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Two possibilities present themselves. Either Bombardier is no longer a private company but an arm of the government. Or — as seems equally plausible — the government of Canada at some point became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bombardier.

If the latter, this would put those periodic government payments to Bombardier in a whole new light: not so much a subsidy, it seems, as a dividend.

http://nationalpost.com/opinion/andrew- ... government
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
deedub
Fledgling

Post by deedub »

Maybe Bombardier should develop a competitor for the Super Hornet and F-35 .
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

deedub wrote:Maybe Bombardier should develop a competitor for the Super Hornet and F-35 .

Avro Arrow?
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

boeing get same type of govt money glac so its kinda a odd article for globe and mail to print . shouldnt they investigate the americans bs instead of trying to paint canada in a bad light
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Both can't seem to survive on their own dime & constantly are seeking taxpayer bailout & getting it.
As I've said in the past sink or swim on your own dime not on taxpayers dime.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

:up: :up: :up: :up:
GordonH wrote:Both can't seem to survive on their own dime & constantly are seeking taxpayer bailout & getting it.
As I've said in the past sink or swim on your own dime not on taxpayers dime.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

A pipe dream if ever there was one.

Bombardier has cost us millions upon millions and no end in sight.

:swear:
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

So many unpatriotic people in here.

The same kind of people who would support things like Trump’s “make America great, buy American”. Somehow they hold no love for our own local industry. Every airline manufacturer in the world is government subsidized. It would be impossible to compete with the tens of billions that Boeing receives from the government otherwise.

What bombardier receives in subsidies it turns into airliners which put Canadians to work, and are sold into foreign markets bringing revenue back into Canada which the government takes tax from.

1 billion subsidy for 20 billion in profits is a pretty good deal.

Why is that everyone here is so much against this Canadian company? What is your alternative? Where are your complaints about Boeing or Airbus for doing the same thing?

Should we just step out of the game? Canada should give up on high tech manufacturing? Leave the industry to subsidized Boeing or Chinese manufacturers? Have our Canadian engineers migrate elsewhere to take their skills to rival countries/companies?

Where were these criticisms while Harper was the one handing out the subsidies? If it were Scheer in power saying “we’re going to support our Canadian workers, engineers, and industry” would we be reading the same comments here?
Last edited by Omnitheo on Sep 27th, 2017, 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Omnitheo wrote:So many unpatriotic people in here.

The same kind of people who would support things like “make America great, but American”.

Riiiggggghhht. It's the left the loves protectionism and corporate welfare.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Canada”