First Nation child dies

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: First Nation child dies

Post by the truth »

how do you people come up with this bs
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

the truth wrote:how do you people come up with this bs

Unlike yourself, we have some interest in knowing and understanding the truth.

Yes, I understand that takes a bit more intellectual sweat than what you are used to.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

off topic
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Oct 3rd, 2017, 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

:spitcoffee: classic
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

the truth wrote:how do you people come up with this bs

im not sure how this story even concerns you if your such a understanding person on first nation issues, it seems to me only the guilty ones would respond in negative way to a canadian problem :130:
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

Ka-El wrote:That it is better to be born white (preferably male) with all the associated privileges and benefits

- and that's the truth !

Or maybe it is better to be born into a non-primitive culture with non-primitive superstitious beliefs. Especially if one lives beside a modern world.
The two are not compatible with each other and never will be regardless of all the left wing psychobabble. The two worlds are opposite and contradictory. No amount of blah blah blah from the left will change that and the continued defense of the "culture of victimization" due to a perceived racist population is just SOP for the elitist pretentious psychology majors.
Is it race or culture that is the issue, I say culture. I could care less of how someone looks, color of skin, where they are from or the language they speak. Their culture and their beliefs are what effects me. Sometimes monetarily (culture of welfare) and sometimes even for personal safety (culture of religious domination).
And before anyone get's all huffy, my godson is Nisga'a. Non welfare first nation that embraces their past while looking at the future and joining the modern world.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

JagXKR wrote: Or maybe it is better to be born into a non-primitive culture with non-primitive superstitious beliefs.

:135: Wow! Really ?!?!? Is that what you think the issue is ??? I am so glad that today's high school students are going to finally have the opportunity to have a much better and much more complete understanding of our First Nations issues.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=74088

And before anyone get's all huffy, my godson is Nisga'a. Non welfare first nation that embraces their past while looking at the future and joining the modern world.

Yes, the Nisga'a have signed a treaty with the government and Nisga'a citizens pay taxes like everyone else. It surprises me you would be aware of this and still want to make blanket assumptions regarding other First Nations people. The Nisga'a are not the only Nation that want to "embrace their past while looking at the future and joining the modern world". Still, members from all Nations would laugh at the notion the disadvantages they experience come from living in a "primitive society".

We still have such a far way to go …

In the recently released Social Progress Index, Canada is ranked second amongst all nations for its tolerance and inclusion. Unfortunately, the truth is we have a far worse race problem than the United States. We just can’t see it very easily.

http://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/out- ... of-mind-2/

Since December of 2012 and the rise of Idle No More events, there have been numerous teach-ins throughout the country. Some focused on reconciliation, some provided background to those unfamiliar with the causes of indigenous discontent and others attempted to provide a possible vision for the future. Unfortunately much work still needs to be done to overcome pervasive and damaging stereotypes.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/chelsea-vo ... 95611.html

... and that's the truth.

Return to “Canada”