Marc Emery and Dana Larsen

khutchi
Fledgling

Marc Emery and Dana Larsen

Post by khutchi »

A pretty wild standing committee with Activists really going hard on how bad the Cannabis Act is. Here is a link to 6 videos from the HESA Hearings on Bill C45....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6-6X8K ... T8e-saNmTy
"History is like a slingshot... the more you go back, the further you'll go."
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: Marc Emery and Dana Larsen

Post by maryjane48 »

khutchi wrote:A pretty wild standing committee with Activists really going hard on how bad the Cannabis Act is. Here is a link to 6 videos from the HESA Hearings on Bill C45....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6-6X8K ... T8e-saNmTy

we got the height limit taken out. little steps become big victories :130:
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

They feel left out $$$$ , just fighting for their piece of the pie cause they feel entitled to it.

Criminals who were involved in the sale before legalization should be permanently banned in any way from participating in any private sale of marijuana after legalization if that's the system BC goes with.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

jimmy4321 wrote:They feel left out $$$$ , just fighting for their piece of the pie cause they feel entitled to it.

Criminals who were involved in the sale before legalization should be permanently banned in any way from participating in any private sale of marijuana after legalization if that's the system BC goes with.

I can agree with you, but how do you achieve your dream? With the taxation the Feds are speaking of, you are going to still have black market. Further more, how do you know the Criminals are not the ones who are involved in the Government program?

There are many ways around the Government and money talks. Funny, so far I have not heard of the Indigenous Government putting a halt on this as what about them, no talk of what portion they need in order to let this become legal.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

My ONLY interest in this is that all governments could make money (a new source of revenue)which otherwise would go 100% to the black market, if people don't want to contribute to it just don't consume.
No system is perfect but if this were alcohol would we allow people to legally open shop if they spent their lifetime supplying anybody with moonshine or some basement brew? I doubt it.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

jimmy4321 wrote:They feel left out $$$$ , just fighting for their piece of the pie cause they feel entitled to it.

I disagree - some of these people were pioneers who are helping to reduce the power the province as. Always a good thing to deregulate always a bad thing to over regulate. Our bodies our choices and it is much less harmful than legal alcohol, showing politicians most certainly do not know what is best for us.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Maybe we can celebrate their trailblazing in a marketing campaign 50 yrs from now for some new weed strain.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

jimmy4321 wrote:Maybe we can celebrate their trailblazing in a marketing campaign 50 yrs from now for some new weed strain.

someone probably will
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

why ? isnt capatlism better than communism ?
davis123
Board Meister

Post by davis123 »

Oh BS, those ARE the people who should be profiting! Someone like Dana Larsen AKA Sensible BC - they have been working on this change for years! They ARE one of the many pioneers of implementing this change, they ARE the people who made this come to fruition. Without the likes of people like Dana Larsen the government would never legalize marijuana, we would all still be hearing the lies the government has fed us for so many decades. The government certainly shouldn't be the ones making the greatest profit. All the places you see around that sell bongs/hemp products/pipes those are the places where weed should be sold, those businesses have been around a long time, always fully aware of the ridiculous lies surrounding marijuana, yet they kept their businesses open no matter what stigma was attached to them because of the government-fed lies surrounding marijuana. Those businesses should train their staff on all strains, etc. and then be the ONLY place where weed can be bought so they make all of the profits. Screw everyone else who sucked up the lies from the government and was too stupid to open their eyes to the truth, they don't deserve to profit and then turn their nose down on the businesses that supported the legalization of this PLANT for decades. And you call them criminals pfft! I call you a follower with no critical thinking skills.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

davis123 wrote:And you call them criminals pfft! I call you a follower with no critical thinking skills.

I've forever been a supporter for legalization and I don't even consume the product.
I just don't believe that people involved in the ILLEGAL sale where there are no standards, no age restriction etc should be able to profit after legalization.
Criminals?? Well yeah!!! Lol
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

jimmy4321 wrote:
davis123 wrote:And you call them criminals pfft! I call you a follower with no critical thinking skills.

I've forever been a supporter for legalization and I don't even consume the product.
I just don't believe that people involved in the ILLEGAL sale where there are no standards, no age restriction etc should be able to profit after legalization.

Okanagan Spring Brewery sold during prohibition. By that logic, them, and all their employees, should be out of work. not sure that rationale makes any sense at all.
davis123
Board Meister

Post by davis123 »

jimmy4321 wrote: I've forever been a supporter for legalization and I don't even consume the product.

So the government LIED for decade after decade about the 'harms' of marijuana to suit their own agenda, there's been research out since what like the 1950's that MJ IS safe, it isn't addictive, etc., but the government continued to LIE. Do you honestly think everyone is going to just sit back and accept those lies, whether it is labelled illegal or not? Why the heck should they? The proof has always been there that marijuana isn't harmful and it's actually incredibly helpful for so many people. Do you understand it NEVER would have become legal and get to the point where it is now without all those 'criminals' as you call them? If the government threw out a new law tomorrow that states apples are unhealthy, addictive, etc., and no longer legal to buy them would you want all those grocery store 'criminals' thrown in jail and would you stop eating the apples because the government 'said so', I sure as hell wouldn't, cause I know the government is lying through their teeth. But if you are the type to jump off the bridge cause the government tells you so well by all means jump away but don't expect everyone else to act like sheep.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

davis123 wrote:
So the government LIED for decade after decade about the 'harms' of marijuana to suit their own agenda, there's been research out since what like the 1950's that MJ IS safe, it isn't addictive, etc., but the government continued to LIE. Do you honestly think everyone is going to just sit back and accept those lies, whether it is labelled illegal or not? Why the heck should they? The proof has always been there that marijuana isn't harmful and it's actually incredibly helpful for so many people. Do you understand it NEVER would have become legal and get to the point where it is now without all those 'criminals' as you call them? If the government threw out a new law tomorrow that states apples are unhealthy, addictive, etc., and no longer legal to buy them would you want all those grocery store 'criminals' thrown in jail and would you stop eating the apples because the government 'said so', I sure as hell wouldn't, cause I know the government is lying through their teeth. But if you are the type to jump off the bridge cause the government tells you so well by all means jump away but don't expect everyone else to act like sheep.

Government money is OUR money, and I hope the hell they milk this whole new source of revenue for what it`s worth, in turn great for the consumer.

Thanks for not talking about `Big Pharma` Lol

Return to “Canada”