Energy east pipeline dead

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Energy east pipeline dead

Post by The Green Barbarian »

maryjane48 wrote:if you were really interested in jobs you would know the green se tor out jobs the oil industry by wide margin

and almost none of those "green jobs" exist without gobs of taxpayer cash supporting them. That's called "unsustainable".
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Last edited by ferri on Oct 5th, 2017, 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: personal attack
Carrs Landing Viking
Übergod

Post by Carrs Landing Viking »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 5th, 2017, 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: personal attack
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

I said to my wife earlier today that if Sir John A. Macdonald were trying to build the railroad today he'd be stymied. So I was just watching Global National and the National Energy Minister, James Carr, was asked that very question, i.e. Could Sir John A. Macdonald build the railroad today? He couldn't answer the question, saying that it was hypothetical. When pressed he ended up replying that if Sir John A. could meet the required criteria then it would be possible to build the railroad.

Forget it. With what we're seeing now, with all the regulations and red tape designed to block large projects, the railroad couldn't be built. The TransCanada Highway would be doubtful as well. Canada needs a change of direction or our economy will be heading south. It's disturbing that Transcanada would have sunk over $1 billion into this project to be "rewarded" with more regulations being piled on to the old ones. That's not fair at all.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

On Global News tonight they were talking about the visionary leadership of Sir. John A in building the national railway, and of the visionary leadership of the government of the days in building the Trans Canada Highway. Hmmm.

Trudeau campaigned on a platform of economic growth through infrastructure development. So far, the drop in investment spending in the energy sector is estimated to be more than $50 billion. Whether the so-called green sector creates more jobs than the energy sector or not, those jobs are not there right now, and the immediate job losses due to this government’s regulatory ineptitude have been projected at over 15,000. That will impact families and entire communities.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/oil-pat ... -1.3524684

That could have ripple effects across the country.

Warning for investors, not just environmentalists, in fossil fuel spending

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/fossil- ... -1.3524952
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

thrre zero sense in chasing a dead horse. the age of oil is almost over. its time to move on to better cleaner future . :130:
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

maryjane48 wrote: thrre zero sense in chasing a dead horse.

I think that much has been realized. I'm sure some will still try and get through to you though.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

maryjane48 wrote:thrre zero sense in chasing a dead horse. 130:

I agree. Wind and solar power are dead.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

I had been hoping that the Energy East pipeline would proceed, because for many years I've been an advocate of more industrial development in Canada, to achieve less reliance on the United States. And I share the concerns of those who believe that over regulation, and uncertainty about regulation, can both kill future industrial development. (Note I say OVER regulation, because I do believe in government regulation of industry, but not to the point of overkill).

That said, once I'd had a chance to calm down a bit (following the cancellation announcement) and do a bit of research, I now think that changed circumstances (in the form of approval of Keystone as well as the drop in oil prices) had more to do with this cancellation than either the new Govt regs or the Environmental Movement.

This article explains it very well (and makes a lot of sense while doing it):
http://business.financialpost.com/opini ... thats-good
Last edited by Merry on Oct 6th, 2017, 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

Bending over for qubec again, help other countries not canada thanks trudeau. You and the ndp are the same no job people. :200:
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

When the Liberals first came to power, many commentators applauded them for bringing a deft hand to the pipeline file. The party was exercising Solomon-like fairness, some suggested, by giving environmentalists what they wanted in bringing about the cancellation of Northern Gateway, while giving the business community what it wanted by backing Kinder Morgan’s Trans Mountain pipeline.

But really, that’s not how regulatory decisions are supposed to work. Companies should know the criteria they’re required to meet to gain approval, and if they meet them, should expect to receive authorization to proceed. A government committed to the rule of law and evidence-based policy-making would follow the expert recommendations of the NEB. Letting politics corrupt the process is corrosive to investment and business confidence.

http://nationalpost.com/opinion/nationa ... gy-project
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Mark5
Board Meister

Post by Mark5 »

maryjane48 wrote:
Mark5 wrote:It is not dead. Just on hold. One day in the future it will be built. That day will come when people realize that there really is no alternative for the earths gift of fossil fuels no matter how hard they wish. Let the other countries use all theirs up first. We will be sitting on the proverbial gold mine.

you plan on making oil. its a finite energy source. . that means it wont last for ever. pipelines and oil industry are dead is what you really mean :130:

There are still oil reserves everywhere. It could last for centuries if used properly.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

The rest of the world is surging ahead with new technology. North America is still looking at the past, protecting the boomer's investments, denying climate change, and losing the races. Big OIl in the US owns the Senate and is preventing solar projects from going ahead in the southwest.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/08/africa/ou ... index.html

http://www.climatechangenews.com/2017/0 ... ort-dream/
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Mark5 wrote: There are still oil reserves everywhere. It could last for centuries if used properly.

Despite whatever initiatives are undertaken to reduce our reliance on fossil fuels, we will be using oil and oil by-products in one fashion or another for generations to come yet. Trudeau is missing a great opportunity to engage in some nation-building, connecting Alberta to New Brunswick, and the Energy East pipeline project should have been a win-win-win scenario for everyone. This is a great disappointment for those of us looking at the bigger picture.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Ka-El wrote:Despite whatever initiatives are undertaken to reduce our reliance on fossil fuels, we will be using oil and oil by-products in one fashion or another for generations to come yet. Trudeau is missing a great opportunity to engage in some nation-building, connecting Alberta to New Brunswick, and the Energy East pipeline project should have been a win-win-win scenario for everyone. This is a great disappointment for those of us looking at the bigger picture.

:up:

Return to “Canada”