200 Thousand on book cover Artwork

khutchi
Fledgling

200 Thousand on book cover Artwork

Post by khutchi »

This town doesn't need any more ammo against the Federal liberals but i can't help myself

http://nationalpost.com/opinion/colby-c ... ments-area

Keep up the great work Mr. Cash.
"History is like a slingshot... the more you go back, the further you'll go."
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: 200 Thousand on book cover Artwork

Post by Queen K »

Oh my God, unbelievable right?

You've out done yourself.

I'm surprised none of the anti-Trudeau crowd has seen this or commented.

The Green Barbarian? Gone Fishin'? Rwede? Old Techie? Urbane? What's happened to you guys?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

It must be such a self-liberating feeling spending and endless supply of money that isn't yours :up:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Diz, if you gave me your credit card, I could try it out myself. :up:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Queen K wrote:Diz, if you gave me your credit card, I could try it out myself. :up:

Pffft! Suppose you'll feel entitled to the reward points as well :laugh:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Good grief! Just when you thought this arrogant, self serving, smarmy, slippery eel PM Trudeau couldn't top his last outrage, he pulls another rabbit out of his rear to flaunt before the hapless taxpayer.

This fool and Morneau (who forgot he owns a grand chateau in France) are in charge of Canada's financial future. Please....send help!

Just reading the comments in the link says it all.

Somehow too, we will find that the Boyle debacle has cost us a fortune. I can smell it coming down the sewer pipes.

:swear:
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Dizzy1 wrote:
Queen K wrote:Diz, if you gave me your credit card, I could try it out myself. :up:

Pffft! Suppose you'll feel entitled to the reward points as well :laugh:

But of course! I'd have a lot of them too. So would Justin if you handed it over him. [icon_lol2.gif]
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Completely unnecessary and rediculous. And do we even get to see the artwork?

This is like that new kelowna city logo where we paid tens of thousands for someone to rip off someone else’s art. I’ll say to this what I said to that. If the government needs some artwork, instead of paying 100k to someone, instead send it out to high schools to make it a contest for their students to earn a scholarship or bursary.

Wasting large amounts of money on things to rewards friends/family/supporters of the government is the repeated MO of the liberals and conservatives. Adscam comes to mind.

This is why we need a real change, In the form of the NDP.
Last edited by Omnitheo on Oct 14th, 2017, 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Oh now you've asked for it Omnitheo.

You know what's coming next right? [icon_lol2.gif]
khutchi
Fledgling

Post by khutchi »

Most are aware i'm not exactly the most Tory friendly poster but kudos to the Conservatives on this one. Apparently not wasting a quarter a million on book covers is not a given when you assume office.

Here's the original article: https://www.blacklocks.ca/budget-cover-cost-212234/

"The spending on 2017 budget art themes is the highest to date. The department last year spent $176,339 to photograph two models posing as mother and daughter for the cover of the 2016 budget. Previous Conservative cabinets published budgets with a plain blue cover or inexpensive stock photos purchased from commercial distributors for $600 or less."

Right. A plain Cover. How about that?! [icon_lol2.gif]

Because it's a budget. Not the third installment of the Lord of the Rings for christ's sake...

And I get marketing is important (i guess) and is present in every facet of our lives. But why can't the Libs just dial it down a bit sometimes. It's really irritating.

This is a government dossier that only a bunch of reporters and bureaucrats will ever see. And they literally don't have time to give two :cuss: what's on the front. Honestly sometimes I forget if the Liberals run the country or if PepsiCo does. 
"History is like a slingshot... the more you go back, the further you'll go."
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Omnitheo wrote:Completely unnecessary and rediculous. And do we even get to see the artwork?

This is like that new kelowna city logo where we paid tens of thousands for someone to rip off someone else’s art. I’ll say to this what I said to that. If the government needs some artwork, instead of paying 100k to someone, instead out out out to high school students and make it a contest to earn a scholarship or bursary.

Wasting large amounts of money on things to rewards friends/family/supporters of the government is the repeated MO of the liberals and conservatives. Adscam comes to mind.

This is why we need a real change, In the form of the NDP.

For once I agreed with you until I got to the last sentence.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I am absolutely shocked :200: at this waste , I mean how many Conservative Action Plan billboards would this have equated too in its day?
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/201 ... t-ads.html
When it comes to cash the drain never backs up.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

khutchi wrote:Here's the original article: https://www.blacklocks.ca/budget-cover-cost-212234/

“We would like to know about ethnicities you would like us to cover,” wrote a McCann executive. “Asian? Native? Indian? Latino? There are four models, so we will have to choose.”

Guess we can't have Whites now can we? That wouldn't show any multicultural diversity
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 18th, 2017, 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Bait removed.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 18th, 2017, 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to bait
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."

Return to “Canada”