Really dumb Canadian freed from Taliban

Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Really dumb Canadian freed from Taliban

Post by Merry »

I agree with those who think there's more to this story than meets the eye.

First, I find it odd that anyone would take his pregnant wife into a war zone. Second, I believe I read a story somewhere that the U.S. had previously negotiated this family's release, along with another hostage, but at the end of the day only the other hostage was actually let go (making me wonder if Boyle was only pretending to be a hostage, and didn't really want to leave). Third, Boyle clearly fears that the U.S. is suspicious of him and his motives, or he wouldn't have been worried about boarding that U.S. flight. Fourth, Boyle's history suggests more than a passing interest in events in Afghanistan, along with some sympathy for people we in the West tend to think of as the enemy. And fifth, Boyle's appearance (both before and after this incident) suggest someone who is either in the process, or has already, converted to the Taliban's version of the Islamic faith.

I hope I'm wrong, but time will tell.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Jlabute wrote:It may be possible this guy is less honorable than the Taliban.

which is why I think you'll see the NDP recruiting him to run in the next federal election.

Unless the Liberals recruit him first !

[icon_lol2.gif]
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

Merry wrote:I And fifth, Boyle's appearance (both before and after this incident) suggest someone who is either in the process, or has already, converted to the Taliban's version of the Islamic faith.

I hope I'm wrong, but time will tell.

I think he and his wife have said that they of the Islamic faith, but not that of their captors. How is their appearance that of the Taliban?
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
Tootsie
Board Meister

Post by Tootsie »

I totally agree with Catsumi and Carrs Landing Viking. Something's not right with Boyle's story. And notice HE is the only one commenting. She doesn't get to be heard? Mmmm, then again maybe she would just agree with whatever he says. Maybe someone should ask her point blank "were you raped? was your baby murdered?". They need one of those behavioral experts watching their facial expressions to see if they're lying.

Now that they're back in Canada I hope someone is watching them. Their past associations to me, would deem this acceptable.
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

I think there's a lot more to this story. Either this guy is incredibly stupid, or he was doing more than just backpacking around Afganistan.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

I would think if you needed an excuse to go for terrorist training, or just mingle with your terrorist buddies, just say you went to Afghanistan for a hike and got captured. I bet the middle east will become one of the best hiking zones in the world.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Jlabute wrote:I would think if you needed an excuse to go for terrorist training, or just mingle with your terrorist buddies, just say you went to Afghanistan for a hike and got captured. I bet the middle east will become one of the best hiking zones in the world.

Jlabute, I think you nailed it...terrorist training, make contacts, agree on codes, financing arrangements, etc). This is the most logical reason for Boyle to go there in the first place; I buy into it more than the one man Red Cross theory.

Again last night on CBC 11:00 pm news the opening statement was that the Taliban had AGAIN released a statement saying they were no way involved in capture-kidnap-hostage scenario. The rest of that news item switched to boohoo stories about how Boyle needed a glass of water, and that the kids were eating with their hands, and how we just simply MUST be very gentle with them...la la la, and newscaster grinning away like an idiot. (Or, was she silently laughing ?) :smt045 You have to see this for yourself, it was such utter pap and not the usual you see on TV news even at its worst.

I know this sounds conspiracy-oriented, but I think there is careful stage managing in the background. We are going to be shown and told what higher ups wish us to believe.

Where is the Ottawa whistleblower?

Has anyone heard whether Turdo routed him/her out?

:smt045
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

This article gives a little bit of background about the wife, and may help explain why she agreed to go to a war zone with her hubby.
http://www.phillymag.com/news/2016/10/2 ... hua-boyle/

It sounds as though she didn't really want to go to Afghanistan, but that he somehow managed to talk her into it.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

What I find incredibly amusing is that, although I agree that there's something "off" about selection Afghanistan as a potential tourist destination, I think it's equally as absurd that some of us here are deeming him a terrorist with no actual evidence of yet regarding literally any terrorist activities that you all allege that he was up to.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Ok, so I browsed quickly thru the link outlining her story which is pretty thin, just surmises from her former pals and that's about it.

As to visiting Afghanistan, a war zone, where terrorists are harboured even though zillions of bucks have been airdropped there to improve conditions.... All I can say is It looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, must be a duck! So be incredibly amused about this situation.

Seems to me that Canada is also now a safe harbour for terrorists or wannabees.

Singh objects to a certain segment of the population being questioned about their reverence for the Air India terrorist ( 300 died), Khadar payout, Edmonton attacker with ties to terrorist organization, fast tracking of immigrants, some may have good intentions but not all, ...will we wake up or sleep through all this?

This is NOT the Canada my folks fought and died for.

:135:

Unknown
sixxonesixx
Fledgling

Post by sixxonesixx »

When people are held in a terrorist environment, they would have some knowledge of operations and tactics. Why weren't these people separated and debriefed at entry in Canada? Canada must have intel on the "Boyles" as far as suspicions and facts. Every item points to just another raised eyebrow for them and... government. CSIS had nothing to mention? Were they ever questioned about these suspicious Muslims? Way too many secrets.
just sayin
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

FreeRights wrote:What I find incredibly amusing is that, although I agree that there's something "off" about selection Afghanistan as a potential tourist destination, I think it's equally as absurd that some of us here are deeming him a terrorist with no actual evidence of yet regarding literally any terrorist activities that you all allege that he was up to.

what his ex wife and ex brother in law-convicted terrorist-- not good enough evidence for you :200: honestly give your head a shake
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

After watching CBC's TV's second interview with Boyle tonight, wherein he shares with us the revelation of how bad the food was during their detainment ( mouldy, he said, consistently) I couldn't help but notice from his somewhat rotund body that he certainly didn't refuse any if it.

He had enough of a caloric excess to promote growth of that ugly chinstrap face fuzz.

CBC refrained from asking pointed questions that beg to be answered.

So much for investigative, informative interviews.

Unknown
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Catsumi wrote:After watching CBC's TV's second interview with Boyle tonight, wherein he shares with us the revelation of how bad the food was during their detainment ( mouldy, he said, consistently) I couldn't help but notice from his somewhat rotund body that he certainly didn't refuse any if it.

He had enough of a caloric excess to promote growth of that ugly chinstrap face fuzz.

CBC refrained from asking pointed questions that beg to be answered.

So much for investigative, informative interviews.

Don't want to "offend" anyone by asking them questions that are actually relevant.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

yup........100% correct
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “Canada”