Singh cries racism!!

Jlabute
Guru

Re: Singh cries racism!!

Post by Jlabute »

Punjab PM? I hope this is a jokepoke.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Chyren wrote:Holy god I can't believe that this is even a conversation!

Who the heck cares about his religious beliefs? Did Justin Trudeau ever get asked about his feelings about any white acts of terrorism or simply crimes? No because it isn't important.
Singh is right in saying that Canadians across the board know its wrong.

Why is he even being asked such questions? How about caring about his position on jobs, economy, trade, or any other REAL issue in this country instead of asking him questions because of his religion.

Its because its click-bait for media and nothing more. Again lets judge the man on the job he does and not because of his religion. Its 2017, enough is enough.

Its so silly that we're even having this discussion.

Milewski asked Singh his position on the posters venerating the perpetrators of a terrorist act.

He is being asked this because his views are extreme enough, he's not allowed to travel to India. You can bet if JT or Scheer were prohibited from traveling to a particular country because of their stance on that country's politics, they'd be asked where they stood on celebrating those venerated for terrorism in the name of that stance.

Singh is trying to walk some kind of tightrope to avoid offending those who still venerate these terrorists.

Canadians across the board (other than those who venerate the perpetrators of this particular act of terrorism) know that celebrating these perpetrators is wrong. Singh now protests he didn't know what posters Milewski was referring to. This doesn't sound likely, as it's hard to imagine a man who wants to be PM of Canada being that out of touch. Besides, here's the question:

Milewski: Do you think that some Canadian Sikhs go too far when they honour Talwinder Singh Parmar as a martyr of the Sikh nation … when he was the architect of the Air India bombing? Do you think that’s appropriate?

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/10/03/ja ... leadership

If he's simply concerned that Parmar was never convicted, why not just say so up front?

More importantly, why not address the perception that Parmar is being venerated as a martyr for his perceived involvement in the worst act of mass murder and terrorism in Canadian history?

Why the tightrope?
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

It's a disgusting insult to every non-sikh East Indian person in Canada. Yet this dufus can't even form a coherent response to questions about this. Boy, his handlers sure dropped the ball on this one.
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Jlabute wrote:Punjab PM? I hope this is a jokepoke.

India currently has a Sikh PM....Punjab is a state.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

I’ll have to watch CBC tonight to see if Rick Mercer or This Hour Has 22 Minutes mocks Jagdeep Singh’s bone headed reaction to a fair question. More than a few NDPers are probably wishing they voted for a different leader right about now.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Hurtlander wrote:I’ll have to watch CBC tonight to see if Rick Mercer or This Hour Has 22 Minutes mocks Jagdeep Singh’s bone headed reaction to a fair question. .

Rick Mercer might but the This Hour people are too far left and so would be too scared to say anything for fear of offending anyone and messing with the warm feeling in their liberal tummies. Showing up at Rob Ford's home in a stupid costume including sword and scaring his children - totally cool. Calling out this Sikh NDP leader for not answering a question - sorry, can't do that for fear of offending someone.

That being said, I hope they surprise me and grow a spine.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

techrtr wrote:It's a disgusting insult to every non-sikh East Indian person in Canada. Yet this dufus can't even form a coherent response to questions about this. Boy, his handlers sure dropped the ball on this one.

What’s an insult to them is calling them “East-Indian” for one.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump

Return to “Canada”