Canada and NAFTA

lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Canada and NAFTA

Post by lesliepaul »

Watching and reading daily about Canada,USA and Mexico and the NAFTA agreement..........on one hand we have the U.S. government who are currently trying real hard to have a full time show on Comedy Central and Canada who appears to be sending children into battle over these issues. Justin........you are being taken for a fool and I suggest growing a spine dealing with the petulant man/child Trump. Show us some signs that you (Canada) have a clue on how to deal with a country (U.S.) that has every intention to stick it up our :cuss: at all costs.

Justin........your father had his supporters and his detractors over his life in politics but rest assured, there would be no smile on his face when meeting with such a vile, out of touch, ignorant P.O.S. as Trump and the morons he has surrounded himself with. In fact, he probably would have been spending most of his time with Melania.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Canada and NAFTA

Post by GordonH »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Business/ ... FTA-issues

The US lets the dairy industry to add hormones & along with other items to the cows, which does get into the milk.
Would our smaller dairy industry survive the dumping of US dairy products into Canada. One thing is for sure more of Family dairy farms would disappear.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

One of the interesting aspects that I did not know of until this whole issue became public knowledge is that Canada subsidizes various industries. I don't disagree with this as it supports Canadian jobs and Canadian families.

What I find strange is that when Trump is called out on his feelings of "buy American" and working for American interests that the world jumps all over him including Canada.

Its ok if we "buy Canadian" and support Canadian industry but its bad if Trump does the same for his country?

Either way the whole thing is a big mess and I'm glad that I'm on this side of the border.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

The US is too :cuss: BIG and can do whatever the heck they want, especially when there's petulant man/child Trump as leader. ANy "win" for Canada will come with a huge downside for Canada that's not always readily apparent.
Canada has never had any clout in these talks regardless of leader, to think otherwise is foolish.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Canada has always gotten the short end of the stick in negotiations with the US, who by the way ignores any part of agreements they wish on any whim they dream up, thus anything they sign or agree to is virtually worthless anyway.

Turn off the taps flowing to the US and we'll see how cocky Trump is then. The only language the US understands is not getting something they want.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

The only language the US understands is not getting something they want.
[/quote]

That sums up much of what the U.S. is all about..........."we are the greatest country on earth"............sorry folks, that ship has sailed but keep telling yourself that.

Return to “Canada”