Canadian Woman Kidnapped in Somalia, accused in Canada

techrtr
Übergod

Canadian Woman Kidnapped in Somalia, accused in Canada

Post by techrtr »

So, this Canadian woman was kidnapped and held hostage in Somalia for over 400 days. One of her accused kidnappers is currently on trial. What I find particularly vexing is how did this guy end up in Canada?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/accused-lindhout-coerced-kidnap-1.4357004
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Re: Canadian Woman Kidnapped in Somalia, accused in Canada

Post by Catsumi »

Yes, Techtr, I wondered too, but according to a news report the RCMP lured him to Canada with promises of a book deal. He bit.

I hope to heaven he spends the rest of his life in jail (faint hope here). I read her accounting in a recently published book..what a horror show that woman went through. Unfortunately, the rest of the hideous bunch are lying in wait for next victim.

Note to self: never travel anywhere near countries at war. :smt045
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 18th, 2017, 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

maryjane48 wrote:
Catsumi wrote:Yes, Techtr, I wondered too, but according to a news report the RCMP lured him to Canada with promises of a book deal. He bit.

I hope to heaven he spends the rest of his life in jail (faint hope here). I read her accounting in a recently published book..what a horror show that woman went through. Unfortunately, the rest of the hideous bunch are lying in wait for next victim.

trump raped his first wife yet you never posted about that. selective horror ?

Just what is wrong with you ?
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

Catsumi wrote:Yes, Techtr, I wondered too, but according to a news report the RCMP lured him to Canada with promises of a book deal. He bit.

Oh, that's a relief. I was going to start a rant about how useless our immigration officials are.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

techrtr wrote:

Oh, that's a relief. I was going to start a rant about how useless our immigration officials are.

Please do, as you have lots of fodder to work with.

How about if you start with the Edmonton attacker? He was questionable right from the start yet he was admitted into Canada. After he got in he was being watched due to his extremist views. He could have easily killed that cop and many innocent people.

Are we SO desperate for immigrants that we have to take in people who wish to war with us?

Baffles me.

Unknown
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

what govt let that guy in ? the harper govt in 2015 yet your still trying to blame our current govt ? shamefull :smt045
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

maryjane48 wrote:what govt let that guy in ? the harper govt in 2015 yet your still trying to blame our current govt ? shamefull :smt045

If you actually took the time to read the posts above you will see that not once did I criticize past or present governments, just stated facts. And yes, I believe the Immigration system needs to be examined and refurbished. No shame in that.

I could leap to conclusions too as you have. I could say that because you are so defensive you approve of what happened in Edmonton for instance?

To refresh your mind: 5 people were injured. The cop who was struck flew up 13 feet in the air from the impact; when he landed he was stabbed in the head and then wrestled the knife out of attackers hand. One has a fractured skull, the others had broken bones, 2 remain in hospital in serious condition. The attacker wasn't shot to death and now we await outcome of investigations.

A miracle that no one died.

I could say you must be happy about the above. BUT somewhere in there, MJ, you too must realize that our borders are just a little too easy to cross. It doesn't always have to be political, does it?

In this case of the woman who was kidnapped, raped, beaten, terrorized and deprived of her freedom one of the gang was lured to Canada by (undercover) RCMP offering him a book deal. Now, as this moves through the system I for one would hope that justice is served and that a fancy lawyer doesn't succeed in getting him off the charges. If that happens it may be possible that he gets a payout and possibly Canadian citizenship out of the deal. We shall wait and see. We have seen injustice enough and it isn't often that we are happy with sentences given to criminals.

Your constant shrill promotion of federal Liberals and NDP is doing more harm to those entities than good by irrational statements. Breathe, breathe.

Unknown
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Catsumi wrote:I could say that because you are so defensive you approve of what happened in Edmonton for instance?

When you say Edmonton all I can think of are those six girls that were sexually assaulted by one refugee at West Edmonton Mall in one afternoon.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson

Return to “Canada”