Uncover Faces in Quebec

Osoyoos_Familyof4
Board Meister

Re: Uncover Faces in Quebec

Post by Osoyoos_Familyof4 »

Because it's not "the law of the land", it goes against the Charter of Rights and Freedoms which technically should usurp Provincial Law should the Feds challenge it which I hope they will.
Osoyoos_Familyof4
Board Meister

Post by Osoyoos_Familyof4 »

GB you will desperately obfuscate with outside issues to make a point off -topic. You are transparent beyond belief, stick to what we're talking about which is the Proposition and the Niquab. I know you would appreciate me going off topic so you could spin some more egregious hyperbole to thinly try to support your more general agenda of puking randomly about the left.

Oddly enough you'd rather try to desperately discredit me, even when we have an issue I think you and I mostly actually agree upon.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

the truth wrote:why twist this into something its not, if they do not like the laws of the land they are free to get the f :cuss: out

As are you. The underlying laws of the land protect those from persecution by their religion. Laws like these however are designed to indirectly target certain minority groups circumventing the charter.

Like I said, their explanation for the law being “I should be able to see your face” should extend to any sort of facial covering, my sunglasses to hoodies to scarves, to hats. Will it though? Will people tell someone getting on the bus “excuse me sir, can you take of your hat and sunglasses” “ma’am imma gonna need you to remove your scarf”. Perhaps if the majority citizens of Quebec started feeling the same “inconvenience” they may be against the law. Having to remove any partially face covering items every time they enter any government building or get on the bus.
Last edited by Omnitheo on Oct 21st, 2017, 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Osoyoos_Familyof4 wrote:
The type of garments they wish to ban are an insult to women and must be challenged by more mainstream Muslims

We'll be waiting a long time for that.
Last edited by Dizzy1 on Oct 22nd, 2017, 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Osoyoos_Familyof4 wrote:Because it's not "the law of the land", it goes against the Charter of Rights and Freedoms which technically should usurp Provincial Law should the Feds challenge it which I hope they will.

Yes please challenge it Feds. Millions of taxpayer dollars spent on a few women who wear burkas in Quebec. Imagine if those tax dollars were spent instead on education or just about anything else to benefit these women instead of fighting in court about whether or not their religious freedom extends to taking away their freedom to show their faces in public. The whole thing is so uniquely Canadian, especially the part about wasting millions of taxpayer dollars.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Osoyoos_Familyof4 wrote:GB you will desperately obfuscate with outside issues to make a point off -topic. You are transparent beyond belief, stick to what we're talking about which is the Proposition and the Niquab. I know you would appreciate me going off topic so you could spin some more egregious hyperbole to thinly try to support your more general agenda of puking randomly about the left.

Oddly enough you'd rather try to desperately discredit me, even when we have an issue I think you and I mostly actually agree upon.

I honestly don't know what you are talking about. In an attempt to use big words you ended up just writing a giant confusing mess. As I said, if you want to call the Burks thing racist fine, but then forcing people to.hide crucifixes in public is racist too. You can't have it both ways. You can call that egregious hyperbole, but that's just you avoiding the elephant in the room.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

Its 2017 and we're having this stupid debate again. Yes I said "stupid." With all the problems in our country right now with the economy, jobs, infrastructure, poverty and the such we really have to pass a law like this?

Wow, its nice to know Quebec seems to have the time to spend on this because they've figured out all the other problems there....

I feel like we've gone backwards in time.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Chyren wrote:Its 2017 and we're having this stupid debate again. Yes I said "stupid." With all the problems in our country right now with the economy, jobs, infrastructure, poverty and the such we really have to pass a law like this?

Wow, its nice to know Quebec seems to have the time to spend on this because they've figured out all the other problems there....

I feel like we've gone backwards in time.

This I agree with. So much stupidity surrounding this entire issue.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Omnitheo wrote:
As are you. The underlying laws of the land protect those from persecution by their religion.

so you agree then that hiding crucifixes in public is persecution? Or is it only persecution if it's a certain religion? I am just curious as a lot of people seem to want the law to be based on their feelings rather then on principles.
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

Again its a stupid law that targets a SMALL group of people in Quebec. It will be struck down when challenged and it will be. The religious debate it creates again is silly. Remember its happened in the past...

1) The government went after people wearing turbans in policing.....crushed.
2) Crosses in public...crushed.

This will die too because in the end there are more people in Canada mad over price increases for a double double at Tim's than this issue.
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

If you walked into a bank pretty much anywhere with a balaclava on, the police would probably arrive with guns drawn in short order. Why should anyone covered head to toe with only their eyes visible be treated any differently. Vive le Quebec! Don't like it, don't let the door hit you on the butski on the way out.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

techrtr wrote:If you walked into a bank pretty much anywhere with a balaclava on, the police would probably arrive with guns drawn in short order. Why should anyone covered head to toe with only their eyes visible be treated any differently. Vive le Quebec! Don't like it, don't let the door hit you on the butski on the way out.

and that's the truth
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Prestige Mike
Board Meister

Post by Prestige Mike »

techrtr wrote:If you walked into a bank pretty much anywhere with a balaclava on, the police would probably arrive with guns drawn in short order. Why should anyone covered head to toe with only their eyes visible be treated any differently. Vive le Quebec! Don't like it, don't let the door hit you on the butski on the way out.

Silly argument

Balaclava's and Niqabs clearly represent different things. You can be pretty certain that if someone is in a bank with a balaclava they are there to rob it. You can also be pretty certain that if someone walks into a bank with a niqab on they are there to do business.

And that's the truth! *rolls eyes*
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

Prestige Mike wrote:

Silly argument

Balaclava's and Niqabs clearly represent different things. You can be pretty certain that if someone is in a bank with a balaclava they are there to rob it. You can also be pretty certain that if someone walks into a bank with a niqab on they are there to do business.

And that's the truth! *rolls eyes*

Duh, of course they represent different things, but criminals or terrorists are opportunistic. They know that a balaclava is going to attract attention as will a dead President mast. However, a Niqab won't. Wearing a turban in a bank or government office is no different that wearing a cowboy hat. A full face covering is a different thing entirely.
Prestige Mike
Board Meister

Post by Prestige Mike »

A cowboy hat and glasses does almost the same job. Until there are a bunch of robberies involving niqabs I think it is best to not discriminate against Muslim women who wear the Niqab.

Return to “Canada”