Morneau's firm doing work for the feds

Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Morneau's firm doing work for the feds

Post by Rwede »

GrooveTunes wrote:Funny how the OP makes this an issue with the Libs when it was his Harper CONS that started all this....

https://forums.castanet.net/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=64167&p=1928026&hilit=target+benefit+pension+plans#p1928026

Not at all, Groove. The point is Morneau's conflict of interest, not whether you ex-posties have the pension you want.

You seem more interested in paying off Morneau to the groovy tune of several million dollars so that you can point blame at someone else.

Legalizing dope isn't worth having Morneau pilfer your pension, is it?
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Rwede wrote:
GrooveTunes wrote:Funny how the OP makes this an issue with the Libs when it was his Harper CONS that started all this....

https://forums.castanet.net/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=64167&p=1928026&hilit=target+benefit+pension+plans#p1928026

Not at all, Groove. The point is Morneau's conflict of interest, not whether you ex-posties have the pension you want.

You seem more interested in paying off Morneau to the groovy tune of several million dollars so that you can point blame at someone else.

Legalizing dope isn't worth having Morneau pilfer your pension, is it?

Not a small matter, but "want"? Or earned and paid into? I'm guessing earned and paid into, for years and years.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Queen K wrote:Not a small matter, but "want"? Or earned and paid into? I'm guessing earned and paid into, for years and years.

And then Liberal Morneau comes along and pockets that money with his pension legislation.

Aren't you guys tired of blaming Harper for Morneau's theft?
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

You didn't read this post of mine? Where does "you guys" come from?

Queen K wrote:Like I said.

There also seems to be a huge component of "Psychopath or sociopath" to his personality.

Queen K wrote:The man has passed his "Best Before" date as a minister of anything. Nothing can hide this fact.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Uh-oh. Someone spilled the beans.

Finance Minister Bill Morneau did not seek clearance from the federal ethics commissioner before he introduced pension-reform legislation that could benefit the firm founded by his father and in which he still owned one million shares. https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/po ... e37036038/

Morneau won't answer the questions, and Trudeau is crapping his pants (don't stain those nice socks) trying to defend Moneybags Morneau in response to opposition questions on whether Bad Bill ripped off pensions.

Looks like the Liberals are going down the same path as Chretien and his smug arrogance in the face of damning incrimination.
GrooveTunes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by GrooveTunes »

All posts are my opinion unless otherwise noted.
GrooveTunes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by GrooveTunes »

Even though it appears that Billy boy is in conflict but hasn't been proven yet, CONS and their supporters are still trying to deflect their original proposal to attack workers and retired workers pensions.

December 1, 2017
The Honourable William Morneau
Minister of Finance
House of Commons
Ottawa ON K1A 0A6
Dear Minister Morneau,

I am writing to you today on behalf of the Canadian Coalition for Retirement Security (CCRS).

We are a coalition of 21 organizations representing nearly 5 million members with a common goal of ensuring the protection of public and private sector employee's and retirees accrued pensions and benefits.

On November 1, 2017, a motion was presented in Parliament that offered your government an opportunity to dismiss House Government Bill C-27, An Act to Amend the Pension Benefits Standards Act 1985, and to end a stressful year for Canadian retirees.

Since October 2016, when you originally presented Bill C-27,employees and retirees have spoken out by the
thousands and asked you to end this unfair attack on retirement security. Finance Canada staff conducted consultations on Bill C-27 in May 2017 –more than six months after the legislation was first tabled in the House of Commons. The consultations were neither public nor transparent, and to date, none of the organizations “consulted” have received feedback or been informed of next steps in this exercise.

In 2015, Prime Minister Trudeau was clear. He told the National Association ofFederal Retirees that defined benefit pensions “which have already been paid for by employees and pensioners, should not be retroactively changed into [target benefit plans]”and that to do this is “unacceptable” and “wrong in principle”.Bill C-27 would permit exactly that. The measures
proposed by Bill C-27 will hurt the middle class something that is contrary to the government’s stated priorities. The Canadian economy will benefit more by keeping this spending power in the pockets of the Canadians who have earned these pensions.It is timefor this government to withdraw Bill C-27 and ensure pension promises are honoured. To continue to leave the bill in its current state is an ongoing threat to the earned pensions and retirement security of hundreds of thousands of Canadians.

Pensions are deferred compensation, and workers have already provided their services in exchange for them.
Bill C-27 allows employers to change pension agreements, even for those who are already retired. It’s wrong, and it’s unfair. A deal is a deal, and providing employers this legal loophole to back out of their commitments is shameful.
The withdrawal of Bill C-27 is long overdue. I hope that you and your government will honour the promises made to employees and pensioners.

Retirees can’t afford to wait any longer.

Sincerely,
Sayward Montague
Chair, Canadian Coalition for Retirement Security
Director of Advocacy, National Association of Federal Retirees
Enclosure: List of Canadian Coalition for Retirement Security Member Organizations
cc:
The Right Honourable Justin Trudeau,
P.C., M.P.,
Prime Minister
of Canada
Lynn Hemmings
, Senior Chief,
Financial Sector, Policy Branch, Department of Finance
Canada
All posts are my opinion unless otherwise noted.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

I see a force of 5 million people who are going to get hosed by Morneau.

That doesn't bode well for Trudeau in 2019, does it?

I think, Groove, that your public service buds should vote strategically to oust Trudeau and Morneau to help protect your pensions from the grubby hands of Morneau Sheppell. You guys have the numbers to do it.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: Bill Morneau

Post by maryjane48 »

justincase wrote:The Honourable Minister Morneau is wealthy beyond most Canadians imaginations. The ethic Commissioner found him in error of the conflict of interest rules. He did declare his Villa but failed to disclose that it had been sheltered in a corporation, a small administrative error of a man with assets in the billions. The former honourable Peter MacKay was found in extreme conflict of interest TWICE and fine $200.00 twice! The honourable Minister Morneau gave up his profitable family business to help Canada who's economy has been left in tatters by the previous government's scandals and dismal economic policies that left Canada in the second of two made by Conservative recession (2012, 2015).
Thanks in part to This Honourable Minister Canada now has the highest growth rate of any G-7 country by a wide margin! Our GDP is up to 4.5 % the largest single increase in 17 years, there are now 450000 new jobs, 300000 families have been lifted out of poverty, this years projected deficit is $11 billion under estimates. Middle-class taxes are down, small business taxes are down, Canada has the lowest corporate tax in the G-7 at 14.7%. Alberta, a major economic driver in Canada's economy is back on her feet leading provinces in GDP!
On the home front in Kelowna our hard working local MP Steven Fuhr reports that the recent statistics from the Central Okanagan Economic Development Commission indicate that household income has risen, labour force participation and housing starts are up, unemployment is low, more business licenses have been approved, and record breaking numbers in passenger traffic at Kelowna International continue to bring visitors to the Okanagan.
Your Federal Liberals promised to be an inclusive government and have reached out across the bench to include all parties in all major decisions. Appointed The Rt. Honourable Kim Campbell to chair the most important committee in Ottawa, the committee on judicial change. Included the Conservatives Rona Ambrose and James Moore to help with the NAFTA negotiations. They have changed directions on many pieces of legislation because Canadians asked them to.
The opposition is still tracking in the same routine Canadians voted against with their Vitriol, cackling and spin. The leader of the opposition pledged not to engage with the racist pundit media site the Rebel, bit recently hired a white-supremacist, neo-Nazi sympathizer from the Rebel to run their 2019 election campaign.
The fact of the matter Canadian conservatives are responsible for 75% of all Canadian government debt since confederation. Just say no to their vitriol, and keep them out of our wallets and support the government of Canada, TEAM CANADA!

Jealous much ? Lol

Return to “Canada”