$10 + Million a Piece

Raven1
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: $10 + Million a Piece

Post by Raven1 »

Ok, guess I'll have to spoon feed you...

A hundred years ago when people immigrated to Canada, many came and left their old life behind. Family for example.....when they left they didn't know whether they'd ever see them again. But SACRIFICED that relationship for what was hoped to be a better life. Lifestyle for example.....many paid all they had to board ships to come to North America. They had hopes and dreams of a new life in the new land. They SACRIFICED the comfort of familiar lifestyle and surroundings to take that voyage.

Even 50 years ago when they came it was UNDERSTOOD in order to flourish they would learn the language and customs. They didn't have GIVE UP their own, but they wanted to learn English and needed to learn the language in order to do business or get a job.

I'm not sure when MULTICULTURALISM became a "thing", but it has been the ruination of North America. (Just my opinion)
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

And then after going through the gruelling immigration process to become a citizen of one of the greatest countries on the planet, people treat you like you don’t belong or shouldn’t have the same rights as them.

Why not respect those who picked Canada from a list of nearly 200 countries. Those who uprooted their lives to become part of this great thing we have going here.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Raven1
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Raven1 »

"The Great Thing" you speak of is disintegrating before your eyes and you don't even see it.

Of course they pick Canada.....
Canada is one of the easiest countries to migrate into and basically operates an open door policy. Most anyone is considered....even when crossing illegally on foot....and provided the necessities while being hastily investigated.

There is NO SACRIFICE for anyone wanting to immigrate to Canada. AND TOO MANY RECEIVED THE MEMO.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Disintegrating before my eyes? I think not. Canada is a mosaic of different cultures. It always has been. We are a nation of immigrants. Unless you are 100% native, you or your ancestors came here for a better life from elsewhere, and helped shape this country into what it is. There was no end point for when Canada became “Canada” as it is today. It is a continual evolution.

People from around the world have come here, and made names for themselves as Canadians. Artists, scientists, innovators. There is a reason that Canada does proportionately better on a lot of these levels than the United States. Because as opposed to the melting pot of the US, people can come here, and celebrate their culture and heritage and identity, and bolster our overall cultural identity.

But since you believe immigrants are destroying our country, please point to this graph and tell me at which point the immigrants stopped being Canadian Pioneers and builders, and started being Canadian destroyers?

"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Raven1 wrote:Ok, guess I'll have to spoon feed you...

A hundred years ago when people immigrated to Canada, many came and left their old life behind. Family for example.....when they left they didn't know whether they'd ever see them again. But SACRIFICED that relationship for what was hoped to be a better life. Lifestyle for example.....many paid all they had to board ships to come to North America. They had hopes and dreams of a new life in the new land. They SACRIFICED the comfort of familiar lifestyle and surroundings to take that voyage.

Even 50 years ago when they came it was UNDERSTOOD in order to flourish they would learn the language and customs. They didn't have GIVE UP their own, but they wanted to learn English and needed to learn the language in order to do business or get a job.

I'm not sure when MULTICULTURALISM became a "thing", but it has been the ruination of North America. (Just my opinion)

I guess if sacrifice, giving up access to family and friends, and leaving an old home for good are important measures of how worthy someone is in becoming a citizen, I am sure you must be welcoming with open arms those who come from war torn countries, cruel dictatorships, and other unstable countries, for these are the very people who risk never being able to return to from where they came from, they risk so very much on the off chance that they will be allowed to stay and make a better life for themselves and for their new adopted home.

To become a citizen you basically have to have very good English or French, you have to pass a citizenship test, which I am lead to believe that even most Canadians would struggle to pass and potentially be denied at the whim of an official who need not give you any explanation. This process is harder and more drawn out today than probably any point in the past 50 or so years. The criteria for immigrating to Canada are certainly higher today than 20 or so years ago.

As for when multiculturalism came to Canada, it has been here since before Europeans settled here. First Nations groups have individual cultures and the European settlers also had their own cultures. This diversity is still very apparent across Canada, or are you going to pretend that Halifax, Quebec city, Masset, Calgary and Richmond all have the same culture?

Raven1 wrote:"The Great Thing" you speak of is disintegrating before your eyes and you don't even see it.

Of course they pick Canada.....
Canada is one of the easiest countries to migrate into and basically operates an open door policy. Most anyone is considered....even when crossing illegally on foot....and provided the necessities while being hastily investigated.

There is NO SACRIFICE for anyone wanting to immigrate to Canada. AND TOO MANY RECEIVED THE MEMO.

Lol! No Canada is certainly not "one of the easiest countries to migrate into". It is so very clear that you have never looked at the immigration process or the many ways one can be refused. Honestly, just try to go through a few of the dozens of multi-page forms needed. See if there is some reason that you might be refused such as have you had any former runs in with the law, including a DUI or such, are you a little too old or do you work in a less than desirable field, do you have any medical concerns which might make you a risk, do you have incomplete second level education, etc. If you think I am making these up, just look on the CIC site. I know of one person whose application packages for immigration and citizenship were well over a thousand pages long, included detailed financial records, police records from previous home countries, detailed background about family members and former employers, etc. and cost several thousand of dollars for one person. If you think it is easy, especially for those coming from places like Afghanistan, Iran, etc. you are very wrong indeed.
Raven1
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Raven1 »

Yes I guess that's one interpretation of my post.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 31st, 2017, 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
kelofornia
Übergod

Post by kelofornia »

I guess the price has gone up.....$50, 000 000..... :200:

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#210842
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

He was a rejected non-Canadian non-citizen; he was thrown out of the country, and now he wants to sue us? For Canada to chuck someone out this guy had to be up to his neck in feces and blood. And there are two more hopeful multi-millionaire wannabees waiting in the wings to sue us too?

The lawyers are rolling over with laughter and joy...piles of cash to be had in this game!

Foolishly, I had thought it couldn't get worse, but it does.

:135:
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Ameziane's Edmonton-based lawyer, Nate Whitling, said the government's recent out-of-court settlement — worth a reported $10.5 million — with Khadr over violation of his rights has prevented scrutiny of Canada's alleged complicity in abuses at Guantanamo Bay. A judicial inquiry is needed, Whitling said.

"Only then can the Canadian public come to understand the extent to which Canada is responsible for the torture of innocent detainees in the aftermath of 9/11," Whitling said.

who is Nate Whitling? Well none other than the guy who got $10.5 million for the murdering terrorist Omar Khadr. Isn't that fantastic. So word has gotten out - Canada is an easy touch. Hire Whitling, claim abuse, and wait for the cheque to come from PM Dumb Dumb. Just fantastic.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

GB. You were absolutely correct when you asked in a previous post "why 10 million? Why not $100 million?"

The lawyer took your advice, it seems.

Just watch. The next we will hear is that he "settled" out of court for $25 Million as that is just SO MUCH cheaper than fighting the claim in a court of law.

As I said previously the floodgates are wide open now.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

I don't think Canada can afford to take a chance with anymore immigrants from Muslim countries. A few bad apples...
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Rider59 wrote:I don't think Canada can afford to take a chance with anymore immigrants from Muslim countries. A few bad apples...

Or ... and I know this is a radical idea for some, Canada and her representatives could just obey her own laws and we wouldn't have anything to worry about.
Raven1
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Raven1 »

Verum wrote:Or ... and I know this is a radical idea for some, Canada and her representatives could just obey her own laws and we wouldn't have anything to worry about.

Not nearly as radical as newcomers to this country having some RESPECT for the opportunity that has been presented to them here.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Verum wrote:Or ... and I know this is a radical idea for some, Canada and her representatives could just obey her own laws and we wouldn't have anything to worry about.

or leftists could stop misrepresenting what is really going on and instead look at the reality. Canada is being used by terrorists as a staging ground. Now these said terrorists, the ones who survive anyway, know that all they have to do is scream about laws being broken and these fake "Canadians" get a paycheque, from the land of the bleeding heart and the soft head.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson

Return to “Canada”