47063
38250

$10 + Million a Piece

Re: $10 + Million a Piece

Postby Verum » Nov 5th, 2017, 4:49 pm

Raven1 wrote:Not nearly as radical as newcomers to this country having some RESPECT for the opportunity that has been presented to them here.

So, if Canada wrongs someone, should they not have recourse to be compensated?
Should Canada not respect her own people?
Should Canada not take responsibility for her own actions?
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Explains why so few people reply to me, and why I might not reply
Verum
Fledgling
 
Posts: 335
Likes: 169 posts
Liked in: 264 posts
Joined: Oct 5th, 2017, 11:31 pm

Re: $10 + Million a Piece

Postby Raven1 » Nov 5th, 2017, 5:39 pm

I guess the meaning of respect only applies to new citizens and the treatment they receive from the country of their choosing.

Now don't take that and twist it around; just read it and accept it as it is written.

They CHOSE to come here for the benefits they could reap while sewing very few seeds that would benefit anyone other than themselves and their followers.
Raven1
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 730
Likes: 581 posts
Liked in: 254 posts
Joined: Nov 21st, 2007, 5:11 am

Re: $10 + Million a Piece

Postby Verum » Nov 5th, 2017, 5:52 pm

Raven1 wrote:I guess the meaning of respect only applies to new citizens and the treatment they receive from the country of their choosing.

Now don't take that and twist it around; just read it and accept it as it is written.

They CHOSE to come here for the benefits they could reap while sewing very few seeds that would benefit anyone other than themselves and their followers.

A country should respect all citizens equally and nothing I have said suggests otherwise. Other than that, I don't know what your point is with your first sentence.

Since I can only assume that the "They" you refer to in your last sentence are the "new citizens" from your first sentence, I think your claim that "They CHOSE to come here for the benefits they could reap while sewing very few seeds that would benefit anyone other than themselves and their followers." is extremely ignorant of the myriad of benefits that those who come to Canada and choose to make it their home have brought all of us. Certainly, some may not bring much, but that's also true of natural born Canadian citizens too. People like Alexander Graham Bell and Mike Lazaridis were immigrants and I hope I don't need to remind you of the benefits and respect they brought to Canada.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Explains why so few people reply to me, and why I might not reply
Verum
Fledgling
 
Posts: 335
Likes: 169 posts
Liked in: 264 posts
Joined: Oct 5th, 2017, 11:31 pm

Re: $10 + Million a Piece

Postby Catsumi » Nov 5th, 2017, 6:41 pm

Raven1 wrote:I guess the meaning of respect only applies to new citizens and the treatment they receive from the country of their choosing.

Now don't take that and twist it around; just read it and accept it as it is written.

They CHOSE to come here for the benefits they could reap while sewing very few seeds that would benefit anyone other than themselves and their followers.



The newest candidate for our millions of bucks is not, never was, a Canadian citizen. He lived here for five years and then was kicked out.

And no, you cannot expect your words NOT to be twisted. Some are pros at it.
I can and WILL spray mercaptans all over your ill-considered & vacuous statements.
Don't bring peashooters to a gunfight.
User avatar
Catsumi
Board Meister
 
Posts: 470
Likes: 685 posts
Liked in: 313 posts
Joined: May 24th, 2017, 7:26 pm

Re: $10 + Million a Piece

Postby Verum » Nov 5th, 2017, 7:50 pm

Catsumi wrote:And no, you cannot expect your words NOT to be twisted. Some are pros at it.

While some might do so, just because someone uses your words to show inconsistencies in your argument or obvious biases does not mean that they twisted your words.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Explains why so few people reply to me, and why I might not reply
Verum
Fledgling
 
Posts: 335
Likes: 169 posts
Liked in: 264 posts
Joined: Oct 5th, 2017, 11:31 pm

Re: $10 + Million a Piece

Postby Raven1 » Nov 5th, 2017, 8:06 pm

My point hasn't changed, and isn't about to til there's a little redistribution of gratitude and respect coming from some of those that have CHOSEN Canada as their new home.

As the saying goes.....when in Canada do as Canadians do....not as you please because you are ignorant of our society.
Raven1
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 730
Likes: 581 posts
Liked in: 254 posts
Joined: Nov 21st, 2007, 5:11 am

Re: $10 + Million a Piece

Postby Verum » Nov 5th, 2017, 8:32 pm

Raven1 wrote:My point hasn't changed, and isn't about to til there's a little redistribution of gratitude and respect coming from some of those that have CHOSEN Canada as their new home.

As the saying goes.....when in Canada do as Canadians do....not as you please because you are ignorant of our society.

What has that to do with the compensation awarded to these men?

The problem with your saying is that it is relatively meaningless. There is no one set of things Canadians do. We do not have a single culture or even a small, relatively similar set of cultures, but rather, Canada has a huge variety of cultures. Canadian cultures do have shared values, and so long as one lives fairly closely to those values, one is being a good Canadian. If you think that immigrants should embrace your culture specifically, then you yourself are not being particularly Canadian. If you think that they should embrace Canadian values, you are right and my experience is that immigrants tend to do so at least as well as natural born Canadians.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Explains why so few people reply to me, and why I might not reply
Verum
Fledgling
 
Posts: 335
Likes: 169 posts
Liked in: 264 posts
Joined: Oct 5th, 2017, 11:31 pm

Re: $10 + Million a Piece

Postby kelofornia » Nov 6th, 2017, 4:13 am

Verum, do you find the dollar amounts in these payouts acceptable ?
kelofornia
Übergod
 
Posts: 1516
Likes: 5 posts
Liked in: 6 posts
Joined: May 22nd, 2005, 7:40 pm
Location: Okanagan

Re: $10 + Million a Piece

Postby Verum » Nov 6th, 2017, 8:15 am

kelofornia wrote:Verum, do you find the dollar amounts in these payouts acceptable ?

It depends how you look at them. I trust that our legal representatives have at least attempted to keep the amounts as small as reasonable, but it is not acceptable for our government to screw things up so much that we are having to make these payouts in the first place. So, the amounts are acceptable because I suspect we could not get away with a smaller amount, but the fact that events conspired to make these payouts appropriate is not acceptable.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Explains why so few people reply to me, and why I might not reply
Verum
Fledgling
 
Posts: 335
Likes: 169 posts
Liked in: 264 posts
Joined: Oct 5th, 2017, 11:31 pm

Re: $10 + Million a Piece

Postby Catsumi » Nov 6th, 2017, 7:02 pm

^^^

A fine example of pretzel prattle.

Please read the original link to follow the story, and then, can you come back to us here, your fellow Canadians, and tell us that we owe this guy 50 Million bucks??

He was KICKED OUT of Canada, then went to Iraq and then to Afghanistan where he must have been at war with our side and allies, got scooped up by the Americans and sent to prison. What the hell else would you expect?? And it's OUR fault ? We have to pay him??

Honestly, I truly despair!
I can and WILL spray mercaptans all over your ill-considered & vacuous statements.
Don't bring peashooters to a gunfight.
User avatar
Catsumi
Board Meister
 
Posts: 470
Likes: 685 posts
Liked in: 313 posts
Joined: May 24th, 2017, 7:26 pm

Re: $10 + Million a Piece

Postby Verum » Nov 6th, 2017, 7:43 pm

Catsumi wrote:^^^

A fine example of pretzel prattle.

Please read the original link to follow the story, and then, can you come back to us here, your fellow Canadians, and tell us that we owe this guy 50 Million bucks??

He was KICKED OUT of Canada, then went to Iraq and then to Afghanistan where he must have been at war with our side and allies, got scooped up by the Americans and sent to prison. What the hell else would you expect?? And it's OUR fault ? We have to pay him??

Honestly, I truly despair!

This thread is not about Djamel Ameziane but rather Abdullah Almalki, Ahmad El Maati and Muayyed Nureddin. I have never said that Ameziane was entitled to the amount he claims, I neither know enough nor care to learn enough on his case to be able to make such a judgement. Please do not twist my arguments to apply them to situations completely different to those they were made for.
Last edited by Verum on Nov 6th, 2017, 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Explains why so few people reply to me, and why I might not reply
Verum
Fledgling
 
Posts: 335
Likes: 169 posts
Liked in: 264 posts
Joined: Oct 5th, 2017, 11:31 pm

Re: $10 + Million a Piece

Postby maryjane48 » Nov 6th, 2017, 7:58 pm

Canada should not be involved with torture. Its inhumam. If was up to me harper be in jail for crimes against humanity
User avatar
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 16001
Likes: 9976 posts
Liked in: 2497 posts
Joined: May 28th, 2010, 6:58 pm

Re: $10 + Million a Piece

Postby Catsumi » Nov 17th, 2017, 9:33 am

I cannot locate the thread where I mentioned that soon our very own radicalized Canadian citizens that joined ISIS against Canada are now returning to our fold.

The same is true of the UK who have decided they will not tolerate their return and will kill these ISIS terrorist supporters.

So, in stark contrast, Canada is gladly taking them all back in with open arms. Canada is to rehabilitate these men so that it doesn't occur to them to continue to fight, murder or bomb bomb us on our own soil.

Rehab hasn't really been a big success story with previously incarcerated murderers, rapists, pedophiles or even with killer dogs, but we KNOW it will work this time. It may cost a huge amount of money for psychiatrists, psychologists and hospitalization for these guys, but what the hell, it's only money.

I am sure our veterans who fought against ISIS will agree.
I can and WILL spray mercaptans all over your ill-considered & vacuous statements.
Don't bring peashooters to a gunfight.

the truth likes this post.
User avatar
Catsumi
Board Meister
 
Posts: 470
Likes: 685 posts
Liked in: 313 posts
Joined: May 24th, 2017, 7:26 pm

Re: $10 + Million a Piece

Postby Catsumi » Nov 19th, 2017, 6:22 pm

Has ANYONE else noticed, besides Sobrhusfat who posted a meme (p. 166 World memes) how fast this shameful story was buried?
I can and WILL spray mercaptans all over your ill-considered & vacuous statements.
Don't bring peashooters to a gunfight.
User avatar
Catsumi
Board Meister
 
Posts: 470
Likes: 685 posts
Liked in: 313 posts
Joined: May 24th, 2017, 7:26 pm

Re: $10 + Million a Piece

Postby Glacier » Nov 21st, 2017, 3:32 pm

Catsumi wrote:I cannot locate the thread where I mentioned that soon our very own radicalized Canadian citizens that joined ISIS against Canada are now returning to our fold.

The same is true of the UK who have decided they will not tolerate their return and will kill these ISIS terrorist supporters.

So, in stark contrast, Canada is gladly taking them all back in with open arms. Canada is to rehabilitate these men so that it doesn't occur to them to continue to fight, murder or bomb bomb us on our own soil.

Rehab hasn't really been a big success story with previously incarcerated murderers, rapists, pedophiles or even with killer dogs, but we KNOW it will work this time. It may cost a huge amount of money for psychiatrists, psychologists and hospitalization for these guys, but what the hell, it's only money.

I am sure our veterans who fought against ISIS will agree.

The government thinks that doing anything else means they will have to give each terrorist 10 million bucks lest we "violate their rights" by stripping them of the Canadian citizenship or leaving them overseas. 10 million times 100 or so ISIS fighters means 1 billion bucks the government will pay out.

THIS is what ISIS represents: feeding baby parts to the Yadizi mother, and raping to death her 10 year old. F'n sick.

https://twitter.com/LaloDagach/status/8 ... 9932325888
User avatar
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 25583
Likes: 2295 posts
Liked in: 7702 posts
Joined: Jul 6th, 2008, 9:41 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Canada

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests