"Cannabis gummy bears"

WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Re: "Cannabis gummy bears"

Post by WalterWhite »

dominik wrote:
WalterWhite wrote:Fancy - this is fear-mongering 101 plain and simple. "Won't anyone think of the children?!" As stated - no one's going to hand out their stash of edibles for Hallowe'en. Even if, and that's one mighty big if, if they did - no one's going to die from OD'ing on edibles - let alone even OD in the first place. My gawd what a pile of hogwash. Maybe it was this same cop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrZLc9lqQM0

Lol - nice way to twist the context. Of course any parent needs to be as vigilant as always when it comes to their kids receiving candy from strangers. That's been going on since before I was a kid, and won't change until they do away with trick or treating altogether. No one's advocating not protecting the children - just not falling for getting freaked out by what amounts to a media made-up bogeyman in the name of gummy-bears.

I am sorry Walter but you did say it is "fear mongering" and that your personal opinion "that nobody is going to hand out their stash of edibles" or that "nobody will die of it". By saying that you are in essence saying that this announcement is unnecessary. And by your statement you made the assumption that you know every person, and every child and their medical reaction to any of those compounds.

I am not trying to tear you down here but that is what you had said, and the intent behind your statements seems to be that you don't take this personally serious. This is okay, however it is important to understand that just because we can't imagine something or it doesn't happen in our immediate surroundings, doesn't make it impossible, or for that matter means it isn't happening.

Let me clarify - you can not OD from edible THC gummy bears - period. Yes, some people have become very high eating edibles - "tripping ballz" as the saying goes. I am not in any way whatsoever saying parents should not inspect their child's candy - I too am a parent.

What do take issue with - is the ridiculous comments/media reports using words such as poison, lacing, tainting/tainted. It's THC from pot in gummybears fer chrissakes - not carfentanil. Even the Castanet report on gummybears said it had absolutely nothing to do with Hallowe'en, trick or treating - or children - yet here it is being touted as a danger parents need to be vigilant about this Hallowe'en. Beware Cannabis Candy More bull *bleep* click bait story telling disguised as supposed news. Unbelievable crap Castanet.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

If anyone hears of the handing out of cannabis infused gummy bears please send me the civic address. So I don't take my children there....
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

voice of reason wrote:no one is going to be giving out 15 dollar packs of medicated gummies and no parent should let their kid eat a random unpackaged gummie bear or any other candy that doesnt look legit

Pretty much what the story was getting at.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

JLives wrote:If anyone hears of the handing out of cannabis infused gummy bears please send me the civic address. So I don't take my children there....

I'll take the address too. :-)
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

If any of you hear of it then let me know, i'll take all of them
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

I would be far more worried about people handing out these gummy bears. Beware, the following link is funny, but has crude humour:
https://www.amazon.com/Haribo-SUGAR-Classic-Gummi-Bears/product-reviews/B006J1FBLM
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

WalterWhite wrote: yet here it is being touted as a danger parents need to be vigilant about this Hallowe'en. Beware Cannabis Cand

I read the rest of the story first so I didn't go off on a tangent.

Colorado’s Ban on Weed Gummy Bears Goes Into Effect This Weekend

https://hightimes.com/edibles/colorados ... s-weekend/
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

What's funny about the authorities trying to protect children from cannabis products is, if kids want cannabis, they can get it anywhere.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Bman wrote:I once had 3 excess cases of gummy bears. I put a "Free candy" sign on the side of my van and I got arrested because of it.
There wasn't a microgram of thc in any of them.

Gummy bears make great ear plugs if you're operating loud machines.

Wax lips were a weird candy. Do they still exist, or am I still living in the era of a 5 cent all day sucker.

yes they still exist lol
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

In calls to poison control, nearly three-quarters of kids had no or minor effects, but four children suffered major effects, according to the study. There was also a reported death, of an 11-month old who initially arrived at a hospital unresponsive and with a rapid heart beat. A urine drug screen came back positive for THC, though the study notes that the connection between the death and marijuana is unclear.

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/07/25/co ... increased/

Visits to vets have increased as well so this story should serve as a warning to both parents and pet owners to be aware.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

While I agree this is probably a hoax , parents should always scan over the Halloween haul.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

jimmy4321 wrote:While I agree this is probably a hoax , parents should always scan over the Halloween haul.

If you love your kids.
Just sayin.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

Watch out for hundred dollar bills your children receive on Halloween. Many of them have traces of cocain from previous users.

:130:
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Fancy wrote:
WalterWhite wrote: yet here it is being touted as a danger parents need to be vigilant about this Hallowe'en. Beware Cannabis Cand

I read the rest of the story first so I didn't go off on a tangent.

Colorado’s Ban on Weed Gummy Bears Goes Into Effect This Weekend

https://hightimes.com/edibles/colorados ... s-weekend/

- and that's the whole point that you missed. It's a bull *bleep* story that actually contradicts itself with an inflammatory title, making it nothing more than as I stated - a clickbait heading to get clicks to be able to justify advertising costs.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

WalterWhite wrote:- and that's the whole point that you missed. It's a bull *bleep* story that actually contradicts itself with an inflammatory title, making it nothing more than as I stated - a clickbait heading to get clicks to be able to justify advertising costs.

Didn't miss it - just didn't get excited over it.
Ahead of Halloween, Cree communities warned about gummy bears laced with drugs
cbc
Watch for cannabis candy
Castanet
Quebec police warn of cannabis-laced candy ahead of Halloween
The Star
Cannabis-laced gummy bears ahead of Halloween prompts warning in northern Quebec
Toronto Sun
Northern Quebec police warn of cannabis-laced candies
Global
Last edited by Fancy on Oct 29th, 2017, 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Canada”