"Cannabis gummy bears"

Omnitheo
Guru

Re: "Cannabis gummy bears"

Post by Omnitheo »

Story could just as easily say “watch for alcohol candy”

Rum balls, brandy beans. So many alcohol infused treats that look appealing to kids. Where is the media on this?!
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Probably because there haven't been any major seizures heading to the northern communities.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Just curious Loki2u why you liked this post? The article wasn't about halloween candy nor about it being distributed as insinuated by the OP and the only part about the children was a cautionary note. The other links I posted to the story was a little more detailed so there shouldn't be any confusion as to what it is about. Seems the only ones over reacting is the OP and the poster below.

WalterWhite wrote:Seriously - just stop posting this over-dramatic, over-reacting drivel, as the ineptly headed article clearly stated it had nothing to do with Halloween candy - and no children were even involved. Fake news and click bait story title.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Once the law changes next year they’d have no reason to seize someone’s goodies. They’ll treat them the same as someone heading to a Christmas party with a box of rum balls. And then people can stop freaking out over nothing
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Omnitheo wrote:Once the law changes next year they’d have no reason to seize someone’s goodies.
Authorities might follow Colorado's new law regarding shapes.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Fancy wrote:
WalterWhite wrote:Seriously - just stop posting this over-dramatic, over-reacting drivel, as the ineptly headed article clearly stated it had nothing to do with Halloween candy - and no children were even involved. Fake news and click bait story title.

No one said the seizure had anything to do with Halloween so I don't see how it was fake news. I read quite a few articles and understand what it is about. Nothing fake about warning a Cree community of a potential possibility.
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/201 ... oween.html

Fancy wrote:
WalterWhite wrote:The title of the Castanet article said "Beware Cannabis Candy" - then went on to explain that it had nothing to do with Halloween candy - or children being exposed to it. Fake news click bait titles.

Did you even read the article? The title of a news article normally is explained in the article itself but in this case, the title is "Watch for cannabis candy" ( Oct 29, 2017 / 12:15 pm ) and never mentioned Halloween in the title and was posted correctly under Canada. You didn't even get the title right. This thread was moved from Central Okanagan because it didn't have anything to do with it.

Did I read it? Lol, yes I did. Did you? Apparently not, as the first sentence in the story links it to Halloween. It then states after an investigation it had no links to Halloween - but parents should watch out for their kids candy anyway. Click bait title and fake news. Btw - the title has been changed since it was first posted.

Authorities in northern Quebec are warning people to be on the lookout for cannabis-laced gummy bears as Halloween approaches.

Carry on flogging the dead horse though.
Last edited by WalterWhite on Oct 31st, 2017, 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Fancy wrote:
Police and health officials in Quebec are warning people in the Cree communities that gummy bears containing cannabis could be circulating.
No one said anyone was going to hand out their stash as Halloween candy - now that is making up a story.

Lol - how can you post a quote from the article and then dispute it?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

WalterWhite wrote:Lol - how can you post a quote from the article and then dispute it?
I didn't dispute it. Neither the police nor health officials said anything about the gummy bears making their way into trick or treat bags. Maybe read back as to the articles I posted about accidental poisoning.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

WalterWhite wrote:Btw - the title has been changed since it was first posted.

Irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. "Beware" or "Watch for" - doesn't change the intent of the article - potential hazard for children in a northern community which is a good warning.

Return to “Canada”