Post by maryjane48 »

http://ow.ly/Ze9Z30glx6v

Interesting discussion to have in canada
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Should seniors lose their vote ?

Post by Fancy »

maryjane48 wrote:Interesting discussion to have in canada

I haven't had the time to read everything but you have posted a very interesting "discussion to have" to be sure. I'd say no right off the bat because of experience and knowledge and the fact that a lot of younger people just don't vote at all.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
christopher
Board Meister

Post by christopher »

maryjane48 wrote:http://ow.ly/Ze9Z30glx6v

Interesting discussion to have in canada

would we stop taxing them?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

christopher wrote: would we stop taxing them?

Why we would we do that? They're still Canadian citizens. And as far as that goes, seniors will never lose their vote.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Well if we can't vote then I'm not willing to pay taxes.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Bsuds wrote:Well if we can't vote then I'm not willing to pay taxes.

no taxation without representation!
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

I can see the dumbest of the Left being in support of this initiative, mostly because seniors usually vote against the brainless leftist policies. They have experience in life, unlike the young of society, and they can see what is total BS. I definitely would support taking away the right to vote for people under the age of 30 for sure, as they tend to vote for insanely stupid and evil leftist BS.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

The Green Barbarian wrote:I can see the dumbest of the Left being in support of this initiative, mostly because seniors usually vote against the brainless leftist policies. They have experience in life, unlike the young of society, and they can see what is total BS. I definitely would support taking away the right to vote for people under the age of 30 for sure, as they tend to vote for insanely stupid and evil leftist BS.

Lol like the ones that drive in to coffee shops ? :200:
christopher
Board Meister

Post by christopher »

Maybe all the people that get payed thru tax dollars should lose the right to vote that makes more sense to me then seniors.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Maybe not lose their vote, but seniors who are out of the country for more than 30 days should lose the indexation on their pensions for that time. Instead of spending those taxpayer funded, gold plated pensions in Canada, many spend the winter in places like Texas, Arizona, or Mexico. Soaking up the sun and partying at the expense of the taxpaying public while the rest of us work here at home in Canada and freeze.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

bob vernon wrote:Maybe not lose their vote, but seniors who are out of the country for more than 30 days should lose the indexation on their pensions for that time. Instead of spending those taxpayer funded, gold plated pensions in Canada, many spend the winter in places like Texas, Arizona, or Mexico. Soaking up the sun and partying at the expense of the taxpaying public while the rest of us work here at home in Canada and freeze.

Sounds like someone is jealous of people that probably worked hard to have the ability to travel in their retirement years. Maybe the jealous ones "partied" their money away in their working years with poor planning for the future.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

bob vernon wrote: Soaking up the sun and partying at the expense of the taxpaying public while the rest of us work here at home in Canada and freeze.

Yes and they worked long and hard for it. You will get your chance but if you are not happy you could always go now.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

The Green Barbarian wrote:I can see the dumbest of the Left being in support of this initiative, mostly because seniors usually vote against the brainless leftist policies. They have experience in life, unlike the young of society, and they can see what is total BS. I definitely would support taking away the right to vote for people under the age of 30 for sure, as they tend to vote for insanely stupid and evil leftist BS.

exactly :smt045
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

should people on welfare and disability not get a right to vote to then, were does it end
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

Government has a responsibility to ALL citizens but, if any one group lost the right to vote, it would only be a matter of time before Government "forgot" it's responsibility to that particular group.

We already have inadequate protection against things like Senior abuse, but it would get even worse if seniors couldn't vote.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin

Return to “Canada”